Arena Rating is harsh

You have to be the most painful person in a room. If you just remade the team you started at 1500 every week. Meaning for the average player you got more points.

and for the above average player who isn’t sitting at 1500 nothing has changed.

if you want more pts get a higher rating.

I’m going to assume you’re trolling because this is what I’ve been talking about. If you’re not trolling then go to school.

for everyone who ended the week under 1500 rating, its easier now because you get more pts and you dont have to remake team. you have to get 10 wins to get pts anyway so the people that are remaking teams are probably not staying at 1500 after the games.

that clear enough for you champ?

You get less points and you don’t have the option to remake and get more points. Now I’m going to put you on ignore because arguing with stupid people is a waste of time.

omg youre so dense. you dont get less pts. if you end the week with a lower rating then you would have in tbc, you lose points. blizzard buffed them for low rated players, here are the receipts:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/beta-arena-rating-update-may-15/964984

what youre crying about is people don’t get free rating anymore every week just for existing. the answer to that is get gud.

1 Like

how many points are players getting on average when they’re below 1000?

the OP was saying they’re only getting 12-15 a win at 1300 … yikes :woozy_face:

The points you climb per game depends on win streaks and mmr for you and the enemy team. You can get those same point gains from each game throughout your entire climb. The points you get per week for your low 1000ish rating will be less than what you got in TBC because you started at 1500.

the pts you gain/lose are based on your rating/mmr vs the people you’re playing.

if they are way higher than you, and you lose, you wont lose a lot, but youll win a lot.
if they are way lower than you, and you lose, you will lose a lot but if you win you wont get much.

12-15 a win at 1300 means they are facing 1300 mmr teams, if you are 1300 rated you gain 30 less points than if u were 1500, its barely different, 1500 players never got any gear fast and neither should they

it’s not less than tbc it’s buffed. stop giving him bad info. i just posted the receipts.

“i’m 1100 rated and i win 1 in 10 games, its going to take me 5 weeks to get a bis pvp main piece” i fail to see what the problem is here

1 Like

That depends entirely on if you’re going from 2s to 5s. It’s more points the bigger you go. It makes a rather large difference throughout the entire length of a season

in 5v5 you get 300 points for being 1300 and 344 points for being 1500

1 Like

hmm… this is contrary to the experiences the OP was sharing.

I guess for myself and a few mates of mine, we’re still leveling , and playing casually these days…

But if it’s going to be a slog with little payoff , we’ll either stick to PvE or unsub.

It sucks enough that we start at 0 rating.

Just FYI the calculator you’re using lowballs the gains. Not much but a bit. 50 points per week adds up to another gear piece for people (if the season doesn’t get shortened). And that’s assuming some of these people get to 1300 which a lot of them don’t.

you don’t understand the system is the problem, the arena system as it currently stands benefits everyone in it, rating is inflated as hell, you don’t lose points to remade teams, if somehow you get stuck in 1100 you get way way buffed points compared to tbc

1 Like

the payoff is if you like arena, you get to do arena.

This is so insanely wrong I just have to shake my head. Overall it’s worse for low rating teams and it’s the same for high rating teams. The gear gap gets worse. Im getting good points per week but others aren’t.

ignore this dude he will ignore you because he cant handle being wrong.