Arena Rating Adjustments Underway - October 22

This is penance for you forsaking the mage class to play MM hunter. SHAME.

Finally I can get out of the 1600 bracket back to where I belong at 2.1 :muscle:

I think they should boost BGB MMr a little bit more

1 Like

this is bad for the game! people just want free handouts!

somethin somethin sincerely yours…
special ed fred

Am I too late for ppl who have no idea how mmr works to take victory laps like they finally convinced blizz to fix/uncap something that wasn’t broken or capped?

Do you guys have any long term plans with regards to the reward structure of PvP, MMR, Rating. It seems we’re really at the mercy of MMR and then getting hard stuck and it’s not a super fun experience?

1 Like

while i appreciate this change so so so much, you guys waited way too long to do this. also LOL to all the people who said the mmr in solo shuffle wasn’t broken :skull:

1 Like

People (correctly) stated it wasn’t capped.

Thank you for the changes and communication!

MMR is literally always capped. Because that is in fact how MMR works. Even if you win 100% of your games and play 6 million games, you will hit a cap.

2 Likes

People playing the game within the intended design? The horror…

1 Like

What’d you do, mass report the last topic that showed you playing with a cheater and getting your gladiator title + mount taken away?

5 Likes

Very noticable in shuffle so far, around 100-130 instant mmr from my chars who queued last night. In 3s it’s not really noticeable. Maybe 25-50 but can’t tell, not enough games in yet.

Good news! It is time to change the system as a whole so hotfixes like this arnt necessary.

it may not be “broken or capped”, but if there’s not enough participation that sterge can’t get 2.1 on a healer that he’s #1 on the ladder after 400 rounds and 6 weeks there’s something needing fixing. they needed to nudge it in the right direction

3 Likes

Correct, end of discussion. They adjusted a variable which they should of done a while ago.

Thank you. Please communicate with your customers more. I guarantee if you do, people will always appreciate it GREATLY.

That’s kinda his MO. Try to ego someone, get called out for buying gladiator, try to call people racists to detract from him buying gladiator, fail, report thread, go missing for an indeterminate period of time, return, repeat.

1 Like

Most welcome news. Thank you for finally listening and communicating Devs!

Any plans to rollback the people abusing phantom pain 1 shots or is the age old “Exploit early, exploit often” the stance being taken? R1 shuffle ladder in N.A. is a bm hunter that abused it the entire way there.

Ladder integrity would be a great thing for the team to take a stance on.

10 Likes