Arena Rating Adjustments Underway - October 22

This form of communication is still unacceptable. Something like this should have been communicated weeks ago.

7 Likes

Do you mind me asking you why none of the PVP developers communicated with the community about this until just now? And on top of that, do you mind me asking why none of you have ever explained the process you all use when it comes to MMR. Thousands upon thousands of players on many forums are PLEADING with you guys to explain to us your rationale and reasons behind MMR adjustments (and a lack thereof). The WoW development team promised the player base a more comprehensive line of communication, and yet your PVP community feels ignored when it comes to this issue specifically. I know you won’t answer me. But with any luck you will start to keep the promises of at least answering some of the community about MMR and your process.

5 Likes

Thank you. Is there any system (or planned system) in place to ensure this doesn’t keep consistently happening and require fixing every season?

1 Like

I’m very, very curious to see if shuffle just catapults upward to s1 df level. I’d assume it does, if they’re applying the most inflation there + huge uptick in lower brackets.

I think this change is good and bad. It’s good because more people play, and more people playing means the game is more fun.

It’s bad because it sets the precedent that “whine loudly, and eventually blizzard will fold and make the things you want easier to obtain”.

But again, brackets being inflated > brackets being deflated.

I really wish this post had an in depth explanation of mmr, how it worked, why some brackets are way higher etc.

1 Like

You guys seriously excited for 80 mmr injection a week? Smh

Desperation does that, I suppose.

Fr, meanwhile blitz you get +100 mmr every win /loss btw def not inflated on purpose. And the reactions ppl will get next season when they kill it like s2 dflight blitz lol

Okay i was a little harsh. Thank you blizzard for at least communicating with us. Please continue to do so

I think I speak for an absolute majority when I say:

FINALLY! :+1:

What took you so long? Please keep more frequently an eye on PvP related stuff.

2 Likes

It’s time to make MMR more dynamic so that inflation doesn’t become a necessity. While I’m glad you’re going to remedy the immediate issue of low ratings, long term inflation still makes early season pushes pointless and encourages players to sit on rating.

It would be nice if MMR more closely adhered to seasonal rating distributions and consistently placed players correctly at higher ratings. The downside might be that some type of rating decay may become necessary, but it would still be better than players having to wait months to hit past season rankings/ratings.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’d say this one qualifies as an actual issue though. like there is a point where the complaints are valid.

The whole thing probably needs to be looked at and better designed to maintain consistency across the brackets, and from season to season with varying levels of participation. Idk what that looks like, but i expect blizz to be able to figure that out.

definitely. best to keep people playing. more players makes all of this function better anyway

Would certainly be a nice communication from them that would surprise most of us.

2 Likes

I guess they’re subbed to Venruki’s youtube. Much needed and appreciated. I hope you incentivize healers more so queue times in ss are under 10min.

We can start by nerfing them

PRAISE THE LORD

but on the other hand why does it take so long and why does it have to happen in the first place

now to make healing give you a token to skip the line on dps classes

1 Like

next year we’ll necro this thread just like we did with the old one to jebait other people and QQ about another deflated season. I’m calling it now.

1 Like

This is absolutely the main issue. Whatever your view on where rating “should be,” rating being consistent between seasons (and even within an individual season) should be the ultimate goal so people can feel their attempts at improvements at the game are accurately represented and consistent.

1 Like

but rating is based on participation.
if people don’t play, ratings can’t get naturally inflated
you can’t really know how popular a bracket will be beforehand, so all you have are reactive measures, like the one taken today. artificial inflation

1 Like

So like 2 mmr a day?

3 Likes

Fantastic news. Thank you for listening!

Good response overall. But like this is not the first time mmr issue plagued the ladder. Maybe learn some lessons and be more pre-emptive with it in future seasons.

1 Like