Arena forums two years from now

“LOL Retail arena - when are you going to make the switch to the TBC server”

2 Likes

“BfA was so much better”

Sad thing is they will probably be right.

24 Likes

ehhhh considering BFA season 2 was labeled by many as the worst arena season ever, it would take quite an amazing season for people to miss BFA

2 Likes

Correct, but given their track record there will be a “season 2” of the next xpac that is somehow even worse than the one we are still reeling from.

2 Likes

your right. it could be worse, but at that point i would grovel for mop or even wod or legion. i doubt most people will ask for the return of bfa

hold me to this if u want haha

i truly wish bfa would get fun later this season or the next though. i doubt it will

I feel like BfA might because I legit think the end of Legion was good even though I hated it at the start. However at the end of xpacs they usually throw out some really nutty PvE gear and seeing how it’s anything goes in PvP now that could easily ruin whatever good point we would have reached.

We will all forget, just like ive forgotten so much from tbc s2 til now or ppl forget MoP being so rage inducing for over a year but now its the hallmark of what PvP should be.

I will never forget wrath tho. Even back then with dks reviving mates as ghouls and just being ridiculous it was kinda hilarous and i still had fun. It was exciting.

Now when i face an rmpal im just kinda like “whatever”

1 Like

i also thought legion was pretty enjoyable after weaps were maxed, so like s6 and 7

well aside from fighting a ton of fdk/destro D:

“Remember when you guys said BFA was the worst expansion ever?”
-lvl 10 Gnome Bard

5 Likes

Bro that’s already what I’m thinking. Imo pros of classic are:

• Very immersive communities
  • Tons of world PvP and server rivalries due to no LFG, flying or battlegroups
  • Completely different feel with the open world

But tons of cons too. TBC would bring a lot of the major improvements (BC raid tiers were among the most memorable in terms of known villains, big upgrades on encounter design, etc.) with both PvE and PvP. Don’t get me wrong, stormherald, HARP rogues, 4/4 rogues, SL/SL locks, original RMP w/ half the things not on DR yet (i.e. blind/fear), etc. doesn’t sound the best but I still think overall the expansion was probably the height of WoW being a big thing.

1 Like

You do realize this exact thing gets said every season every expansion every time, right?

The dude stated he would be happy with MOP, WOD or LEGION. He lost any creditability he could ever have.

I think anyone would be happy with those 3.
edit: not me, wasn’t a fan of WoD at all very much, but Legion/MoP I enjoyed for their own reasons.

I think it would be interesting to see how tje playerbase reacts to new information. Keep in mind RMP and WLD were as they were. But if you had a playerbase as skilled as they are now - what other comps may exist?

I think even with newer information similar top comps would be popular. I think one of the interesting things I see on a lot of streams is people conjecturing about what would X past thing from Classic/BC/WOTLK look like with current player knowledge. The wild part is that I think we probably have a pretty good answer to it with things like Nostralius, BC/WOTLK arena servers, etc. From what I remember similar comps were good on arena servers as live. Do think people were playing comps to a much higher skillcap in general now vs. then though. Things like wizard cleaves I’m guessing wouldn’t be as prevalent just because MS from war or rogue almost felt mandatory for compositions back before S7.

if you q as non rogue mage hpal or destro/rdruid your character is automatically deleted and you’re suspended for 72 hours

developer’s notes: we really feel this will be a positive change for the arena community, rogue mage is supposed to be an iconic comp!

1 Like

At the rate its going right now in 2 years we wont even have arena forums.

1 Like

It’ll just be a random thread each time so we don’t accidentally post in the wrong one.

2 Likes

Still dunno whats worse, DH/DK/rdruid S2 or rmpally S3, at least rmpally puts you outta your misery quickly, dh/dk/rdruid was just a long slowwwww loss.

Oh I dont doubt that. I just wonder how the playerbase handles hybrids. From what I can remeber we had very few SPs ferals etc. Does that change now that were all not BOTS?