Arena forums two years from now

people complain, but most of the time a season is still not labeled as the worst season of all time. An overwhelming majority of people on the forums did label s2 bfa as the worst season of all time, passing even DKs in wrath and legendaries in other expacs

If everyone 1800+ would quit already I’d be rank 1 right now.

I wonder why :unamused:

No, the PvP era of the expansion ALWAYS gets labeled as the worst of all time, and then the next expansion comes out and everyone always says “the previous expansion is so much better pls bring it back”

It’s a never ending cycle that we’ve seen since for over a decade.

Arena forums renamed to Sassy General Discussion

2 Likes

Doom and Gloom would also be fitting.

2 years from now it’s either going to be 100% completely dead, or it’s going to be revived. I know we say “next expac will tell the future of PvP” at the end of the current one, however now we have classic. With the release of classic, Blizzard now will be able to fully see for themselves what things players liked about the old game/classes and what they didn’t like, mostly talking about class design as that is a gigantic part of what makes arena fun/not fun.

If classes don’t get revitalized next expansion and they continue to get even more homogenized than they are now, I think PvP will be completely dead, even more than it is now. If they see why classic is liked by so many and why class diversity needs to be more prominent than it is now, and they fix it, I think next expansion will be amazing. And if they don’t fix the gearing problem it will never get better. Based on their track record I think we all have an idea of which route this company will take, but a boy can have hopes and dreams.

Because it’s true and there’s enough evidence to support that. There’s a reason people were so happy PvPing in WoW from TBC-MoP.

Even mechanically, there was a skill ceiling.

PvP in this game feels void of any soul it had before.

because it’s facts

True. Zacx is somewhat true because you always hear it, but i mean i bet theres like a 85% increase in people saying “this is the worst pvp xpac”. It’s never been to to this extent.

We will not be able to understand anything unless we learn chinese.

1 Like

Is it ok if I just point at the pictures on the menu

And because weapons were so good there was more participation.

You’re undoubtedly correct with that assessment. The current-at-the-time state of PvP has always been labeled as “the most worstestest ever omg” compared to everything that came before (generally speaking).

BUT… Also, looking back over the course of the game since BC, that trend of complaining about how bad this “new fangled pvp is” has been, by and large, pretty on point. It has been, generally speaking, a long, slow, gradual decline over the years. Looking back, BC thru MoP were pretty damn acceptable, WoD was a pretty clearcut start of a sharp, drastic decline in gameplay, and then it ultimately bottomed out with this virtually unplayable garbage we have now. (I say bottomed out because I have a hard time envisioning anything being worse than BFA. Yet, I can’t escape the sneaking suspicion that as we speak, the Blizz braintrust is feverishly working to deliver something even sh1ttier than we can begin to comprehend)

So ya, for sure the griping has always existed. Gripers gun gripe. But at the same time, it’s kinda been accurate.

Of course, “good pvp” and “fun game” are subjective. I’m sure there are some fire mages running around who think the games never been better than it is now…

1 Like

remember ret destro rsham?

my PTSD won’t allow me to remember but im curious if u do

Oh god help me .

I remember frost dk/destro/rsham even clearer

It’s already happening.

2 Likes

Its ok. We all retire from live in 69 hours.

1 Like

Ever since I started visiting this forum halfway through WoD there have been several “This is the worst season ever!” posts every single season, this place is the WoW equivalent of the boy who cried wolf.