Arena Forums Town Hall: Community, Rhetoric, and Ethics

This isn’t really the thread for that type of conversation. If you’d like me to teach you some time-management skills, shoot me an in-game mail please.

Bloomsday – Sulfurus – Classic Era

As of right now, I’d like to discuss the OP. For reference, this part specifically:

is it tiresome clicking show ignored reply every time

2 Likes

Can someone add some context? Why is everyone ripping on this dude?

Nothing in the post really seems like nonsense.

Meh, I don’t think they’re “ripping” on me. I’m on good terms with most of the people in this thread and they’ve celebrated me quite a few times. We’re just a bit more playful in this sub section but it quickly gets out of hand, which is exactly what my OP is trying to address.

I think maybe the topic of community, rhetoric, and ethics may be a bit too nuanced for the forums, which is unfortunate, as I think it would not only benefit this sub section but also arena community at large.

2 Likes

Do you need further clarification?

Try taking a look through his post history, if you like.

It’s irony cloaked in politeness. Took me about three posts to realize what was going on when I encountered this individual for the first time

4 Likes

He has a history here. He’s spent years playing contrarian on the arena forums while also pretending to be something he’s not. Like constantly referencing getting r1 (with class combinations that don’t match any known r1s), saying he’s a scarab lord, constantly talking about some imaginary businesses he’s so busy running and making millions on.

It’s all basically nonsense, but he’s figured out how to skirt the line on the rules and the mods that look at his posts don’t seem to try to look for a pattern, they look at the single posts reported which, taken each by themselves might not look like trolling, but it is. His whole persona is trolling and has been for years here and on the classic forums.

35 Likes

he’s a pedantic sea lion who deals exclusively in bad faith arguments
do not expect him to reply with anything except backseat gaming advice despite hiding himself from scrutiny
he likes to hit people with zingers that imply all things wrong with blizzard balance is in fact all down to user error and definitely not some things being overtuned

tl;dr
he’s worth no one’s time and you should just put him on ignore

3 Likes

Also that he left earthfury server in classic due to how toxic it was yet can’t name a single guild, person, or major server drama event that caused him to xfer off.

Gotta be 100 more things I’m sure.

2 Likes

Bloomsday is Demoniclilly trolling usually in the form of gaslighting.

1 Like

Link your /played on the forum. BTW TLDR your message.

Bump because it makes me laugh.

4 Likes

It’s time to ban Bloomsday from the forums

2 Likes

Bump

10 char

1 Like

who are you

I have my suspicions but I’m not entirely sure. Not sure why he’s bumped this thread either.

1 Like

Time to bump again.

Don’t mind me, just enjoying rereading the gold post. Blizzard sanctioned bm.

1 Like

you’re a monster

1 Like

Not sure why this thread keeps getting bumped. I suppose I have a lot of supporters from the Classic forums? Not sure.

I thought it was everybody’s favorite below average (2400) Warrior.

Where has he been anyway? I haven’t seen any of his drivel on the forums lately