Arena changes no one asked for

Why did it need to be slowed down?

If by “you” you mean me, then you have it wrong. My favourite PvP expansion was WoD, I enjoyed gearing up and playing then the most.

You, and those who like having rating gated gear, already have the weapons and shoulders and titles to give you something to chase. No need to add more.

Well I didn’t play in TBC, so I do have things to chase.

/facepalm

I see it now

3 Likes

Why does it seam like anyone who plays the game different than you is an “outlier”

Doesn’t adding a rating requirement to S1 and S2 screw over non-plate wearers? Warriors and Rets will get their 2H Blacksmith weapons pretty easily, which are likely better than the Arena weapon in S1 and S2 that require 2k rating.

I don’t recall casters getting an equivalent crafted weapon for S1 and S2. So, the rating requirement system in S1 and S2 screws them over because BiS weapons will not be as easily accessible to them.

1 Like

Yep. It also gives a big advantage to players who play early. Showing up to the party a little bit late pretty much means you’re facing a huge up hill battle against better geared opponents.

It also gives a big advantage to hardcore pve guilds who are lucky enough to get weapons early. If you don’t happen to have such a guild. You’re always playing from behind.

5 Likes

We absolutely cannot let this happen.

5 Likes

What can we do about it, no matter how many people dont like it and complain they will put these changes in anyway. so sad

That’s not true they have already reverted a lot of changes because of feedback.

It’s sort of silly how blizzard doesn’t even understand their own pvp system and what this is going to do.

4 Likes

A change that no filthy casual asked for…WHYYYYYYYYYY???

1 Like

Terrible change, TBC should have never had rating requirements. TBC arena is so imbalanced that most specs/comps can’t even dream to achieve 2000+ rating.

3 Likes

Remember, when s3 comes out you can get s1 gear with BG honor and it won’t need arena points anymore.

And also remember, if it’s easy everybody will get it and that’s not fun. easy is not fun … that’s why we wanted BC…

Ty guys for your support on this. I’m glad to see pretty much the front page of the bc forums kinda agree…I agree with Rorshak if enough people are upset (as it seems to be) mabey we have a shot at getting this changed.

2 Likes

I might need to look up what outlier means, because it seems like they are the only one with that opinion…

Yup and for the guys who like to gate keep they don’t realize its gonna SUCK because playing the same 2 to 5 teams waiting in Q’s forever dealing with at least one team dodging and another sniping sucks soooo bad.

I want game, I want them to pop, I want to play more than just a few teams, I want some variety and fun.

Gate keeping KILLS ARENA.

1 Like

same old same old gating pvp weapons behind insane brackets that 85% of the player base will never get just so it forces them to go do a raid. Anyone that says 2050 rating + is easy needs to link there glad titles 2050 rating would put you in the top 10% of players mark

1 Like

It’s not even 85% at 2050 it’s 97% if you go by live charts. Only 1% of all pvp players will get to the shoulder mark at 2200.

This is absurd considering the PVE equivalent requires you to show up blindfolded for free gear. I don’t mind having a high rating requirement by the time sunwell comes out and even 1850/2k for Tier 6 but for T4 LOL its a complete joke.

6 Likes

Ya I think what will happen is it will start out ok (like retail) and hard crash where its extremely bottom heavy instead of seeing a more pyramid type of ratings distribution. It’s not just these changes alone but also how much easier the pve content is relatively.

2 Likes

Because I did Arenas and nothing but Arenas for 6 years and never once did I play with new players and someone suggest that we tank our MMR before we start playing.

If you and your friends did that then you are an outlier.

3 Likes