Are you retiring for classic?

I started playing classic. May log in here and there but definitely not quitting retail for it. Difference between now and then is I have a full time job and life to fulfill, no longer in school and able to sit In front of my monitor for 13 hours at a time.

1 Like

classic raiding is killer dude.

im just in it for the leveling and bgs.

3 Likes

Oh I agree it was fun a a very new and cool experienced when I first raided then. Thatā€™s basically what Iā€™ll be doing too, world PvP can And Bgā€™s. No commitment though. Just canā€™t go back to playing and grinding the way I did back then. Wouldnā€™t be sustainable with his busy my schedule is. I will not debate how fun classic will be though. Itā€™s going to be a blast.

I will try and play both. Itā€™s going to be almost near impossible to balance classic and retail with classic being so grindy. I will try it out but I just canā€™t see myself getting super hardcore into classic

1 Like

My personal hope is that the current WoW devs all make characters on classicā€¦ or that they rehire some of those old devs like Kevin Jordan.

2 Likes

my thoughts about it so far, i like it its something different and i tried some of the pvp and its actually fun tbh.

1 Like

i enjoy the original class game play so yeah probably, and lets be honest retail is bad, if TBC or WOTLK came out again its pretty self evident BFA would cease to exist.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget BGs they made them mean nothing, they are nothing but a joke now.

Q: What are the plans after Phase 6? More content for classic or moving to TBC?

A: Weā€™ve done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us. Our plan is to identify everything we need to do should we ever decide to go this route. We want to be sensitive to the desires of our players. Some may want BC and some may not. Weā€™ll be following the Classic community closely to help determine what our next steps should be.

Thereā€™s hope.

For classic? no

in general?

yes

I mean, Retail gameplay is fun by convention. Combat is obviously a lot different in BFA than it was in Classic ā€“ a lot has changed since then, but not all of it for the worse.

Raiding is a lot more interesting for sure. Thereā€™s a lot more mechanics to deal with for dps and healers. Dungeon difficulty scaling means that you can continue running dungeons late into endgame progression and still feel like youā€™re doing something lucrative ā€“ personally, I think 5 man dungeon gameplay is one of the things that attracted me to the game in 2006.

Classic enthusiasts, by and large, are overwhelmingly critical of retail ā€“ often unfairly so; primarily if youā€™re considering only recent content.

As somebody whoā€™s pumped as hell to be playing classic in a couple days, I think itā€™s fair to say Iā€™ll likely still be logging into retail every now and again.

PvP is definitely one place where retail WoWā€™s higher-fidelity gameplay really shines, but the systems just donā€™t reflect player enthusiasm about that content sphere.

The ā€˜ratedā€™ metagame has really resulted in a lot of elitism that makes it really difficult to enter as a casual player. I think rating could be useful as a measure of character power and player skill, which could be instrumental in generating relative fairness throughout matches if it were simply a backward facing mechanism that sought to improve the matchmaking process.

But as a forward facing mechanism visible to the player, and mechanically significant as it pertains to the potential for in-game reward, I think Rating places too much emphasis on winning, and not enough emphasis on just playing and having fun.

To the point where, if my rating is 1700, I donā€™t feel like I can kick back and play with my friend whoā€™s at 1400-1500 because I donā€™t want to regress through rating progression Iā€™ve already surpassed in the event that we lost.

RBGā€™s are a bit of a mess, for sure ā€“ because if 1/10 players in your premade group d/c or leave or miss the queue for any reason, youā€™re basically out of luck for the entirety of that match.

Not to mention itā€™s just frustrating getting into a group, because that whole process is not automated like itā€™s been ever since the first battlegrounds were implemented. Itā€™s time consuming because leaders want specific classes to fill specific roles, and they want geared and skilled players of those classes to fill out their roster.

Iā€™m just saying that fairly painful experience could easily be automated utilizing the role queue system and a back-facing mmr for random BGā€™s, provided that they were filling the space that RBGā€™s currently hold.

That said, because there isnā€™t any rating/mmr standard used to matchmake players for random battlegrounds, player power/skill can really be all over the map, in any given game ā€“ which generally leads to fairly 1 sided matches in favor of one team or the other, which isnā€™t really fun for players on either side.

Either thereā€™s an overwhelming lack of challenge or inherently insurmountable odds.

All Iā€™m trying to say is that Rated content is much more rewarding than Unrated content ā€“ I donā€™t think Battlegrounds have been working very well as a function of Rated content.

I think match-made Random Battlegrounds are superior to Rated Battlegrounds in a variety of different ways, and I think they could be employed to generate a consistently challenging and fair experience for every player with some minor tweaks.

I think that represents a better future for Battlegrounds.

1 Like

I pretty much only play retail at this point to arena, I used to be an altaholic but BFA has made me only play one class due to the pruning and overall grind of 8.2. Iā€™m excited for classic to get back into the feeling of enjoying a dungeon run and feeling like a piece of gear matters that may not get upgraded for a while, no WF/TF, and overall being able to just sink some time into a video game and enjoy it for more than just grinding arenas. Alsoā€¦mana burn

A friend sent me this today thought you guys might enjoy this. https:// www. youtube. com /watch?v=rvxH6VAiUYM&lc=z22dwld5hyuyvbcn5acdp430kwfodn0l3udjzyg1ka5w03c010c&fbclid=IwAR02cGDOFIkYqRBQPdrxybVg0jSh47CiFh5KbYUX0hC2t65tWTFr04ijVDQ