Are you retiring for classic?

It’s puff puff pass chulo :maple_leaf: :smoking:

I enjoy leveling and grinding professions and doing a small amount of lowbie wpvp. But I’ll probably revisit arenas every once in a while… the smell of blood always brings me back.

This has never changed, and yet nobody has been happy with world pvp in a while. I would argue BFA has had the best world pvp since MoP and even now people QQ about it.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for people to farm to 60 for 1-2 months, spend another 2-3 months farming dungeons and molten core, to then realize PvP is just queuing into premade groups in voice chat 50% of the games you play in WSG / AB, that never log off, and you afk in the graveyard until they get their win.

Then you try to farm in the world and engage in “world PvP,” aka getting ganked by a rogue at 50% hp while your fighting a mob, or worse a roaming group of 5 alliance because they can’t PvP by themselves.

Also enjoy getting 1 shotted, never seeing the loot you want drop, and spending an hour-90mins just to get a simple group together. I’ll be right here waiting when you return to Retail singing it’s praises :joy::joy::joy::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

4 Likes

“Someone give grandpa his blood pressure meds. He wants to play his video game”.

2 Likes

Yea I can’t imagine playing a game that is actually a challenge.

It’s not a challenge, it’s a time sink. Big difference.

3 Likes

Sounds like a challenge to me. I guess have fun sitting /afk in Daz or mugambala w8ing for tuesday resets.

1 Like

Enjoy the slaughter :smiling_imp:. See you back on live in a month :wave:

1 Like

I should be editing my montage videos by then.

2 Likes

Whole post reeks of someone who genuinely thinks WOW has always been fast-food LFG / Cross-realm with 0 community.

Have fun on retail living in LFG :nerd_face:

I’ve played since open beta of classic, also relived the classic experience on two separate Feenix servers over the years. It’s fun but it gets frustrating at times, especially dealing with any guild who does loot council instead of DKP. 4 pieces per boss to split between a raid of 40 is just unrealistic by today’s standards.

Trust me I know exactly what classic entails and I don’t intend on seriously committing my time to a 4th round of pain. I will probably play a bit casually for fun but that’s it. Everyone who hasn’t experienced it before and is expecting it to be some magical fairy land with unicorns and rainbows is in for a rude awakening :yum:

1 Like

I think most people are expecting an MMORPG where you have a solid sense of character progression.

1 Like

Classic has just as much RNG when it comes to gearing as retail honestly. You could go for a long long time without seeing an upgrade even drop, let alone being the one to get it.

The best part of classic progression is actually leveling and getting new spells / talents every level.

While that’s true, at the end of the day it comes down to gameplay and difficulty.

Like, obviously a +13 Mythic dungeon is hard as hell – but Classic dungeons present a different kind of difficulty which, I think, I find appealing.

“Normal” difficulty dungeons in BFA basically lack challenge – but provide a window into how trash NPC and boss mechanics operate such that a player can learn to understand them in preparation to complete that same dungeon at a higher difficulty.

Classic dungeons, in contrast, are simply hard at face value: you either sink or adapt and swim.

Obviously a group that’s decked out in full BWL epics isn’t going to have a very difficult time in Stratholm, but they also probably don’t stand to benefit from any of the gear that drops there. There’s definitely an argument to be made that content like dungeons in Classic have an inherently shorter shelf-life – but it also suggests that you legitimately out-progress specific pieces of content past a point, and don’t feel further obligated to continue running them.

In Classic, character progression inevitably hits a brick wall.

There comes a point in time when you might only log onto your main to PvP or raid or help out a friend or guild member. In the contemporary progression model, the motivation to stay ahead of an essentially never-ending progressive player power curve seems a curse just as much as it is a blessing.

Sure, there’s more to do… I find that I end up burning out a bit.

Too much of a good thing, maybe.

But you can’t be a worgen… :frowning:

Worgen always kind of felt alien to my understanding of Warcraft’s time-honored cultural themes :man_shrugging:

Not to say that they aren’t cool – they simply don’t seem fit well into the surrounding lore and narrative structures that preceded them in the first 3 RTS games.

They kind of sprung out of nowhere, so to speak.

I think they felt much better as a side-story enemy faction of wild/cursed creatures encountered by players in the world. That felt like a fitting place for them imo.

But this is coming from a guy who thinks it was a mistake to implement playable undead – even despite the forsaken/sylvannas split from arthas’ scourge.

Orcs and humans, m8. Keep it simple.

And their natural allies: Dwarves and elves, trolls and tauren since WC3; but not ogres… Ogres are gross, man. Vilify those guys and bag them in with the shadow council that sought to corrupt the orcs.

You could go as far as gnomes/goblins – even though goblins were historically neutral, because they seem to fit well with the other races and would enable technological invention upon the premise of cultural thematicism as it pertains to the Alliance and Horde, respectively – and I think that would go over well aesthetically.

In addition to maintaining some semblance of equilibrium.

Above all, Keep it feeling distinct. Keep it feelin’ classic.

Don’t you dare forget Draenei.

U mean Akama’s people?***

Who helped Illidan Stormrage storm the Black Temple and reclaim it from Magtheredon after he fled Azeroth to the broken world of Outland? Yeah, they’re probably around here somewhere.

Not so sure about this Velen character though.

:stuck_out_tongue:

He’s a bit of a mystery.

You shut your mouth.

1 Like