Are you retiring for classic?

I’m all about that world PvP.

4 Likes

I’m off trying SWTOR

2 Likes

Always super curious about this game.

When it came out, was when I got my first laptop. I paid for my game time with a pre paid visa.

I legit LOVED it, and was probably never going back to wow. Two weeks into playing, I go to log on.

Account banned.

They would not accept that I purchased their game with a pre paid visa. I talked to support, everything at the time. I was only ever told if I phoned back with a credit card in my name, I would get my account un banned. All progress lost. Albeit not much in two weeks, but still. Was demoralized.

So I resubbed wow, been back ever since lol. A1 customer service.

Sounds like the prepaid card you used was reported stolen.

Yeah no they just said straight up at the time they didn’t accept a monthly subscription being paid for with a pre paid.
The card itself was no problem. Just they couldn’t verify it was me ? But like I paid. I dono it baffles me to this day lol. At the time they also did not sell 1 month game time cards and such. It was straight up sign up subscription based I guess.

For me and a lot of my friends we plan to enjoy classic since we already know what it brings. There is a grind but at least its rewarding unlike BFA that being said I might quit BFA and just play classic and see if 9.0 is better to come back to the game. I don’t even find arenas that fun anymore I just LFG 90% of the time now for cap.

1 Like

In my opinion, people supporting classic are going to be indirectly responsible for retail sliding even further downhill.

You’re basically saying “it’s alright blizzard, devote a bunch of time and resources to selling me a 15 year old game. I wish you would just fix the current one but its fine. Ive chosen not to use my voice as a consumer and ill literally take 15 year old leftovers.”

Indirectly responsible? Blizzard is 100% responsible for the downward slide of retail, even more-so if people prefer an old game over their soulless, gutted trashcan of a game.

I used to be against Classic and didn’t see the point beyond re-learning for the sake of nostalgia but it’s appeal has grown on me due to not having to do chores every day before doing what I actually want to do.

I’m so tired of logging in and needing to do islands, cap a m+, cap conquest just for an rng slot machine that’s almost never satisfying, do AP world quests for a system I don’t enjoy, etc.

The grind in Classic is hard but at the same time you can see a finish line and you can target BiS gear and that’s so much more satisfying to me.

6 Likes

Ya but if Classic does well we can get WoTLK servers

Also might let current devs realize what was good about Classic

13 Likes

It is Blizzards own fault and design decisions that led to the the downward slide that BFA is not the player. If BFA was actually enjoyable and well designed I doubt most of us would be even be considering classic right now. Well probably would a little bit considering the devs said that if classic did well we would get TBC and wrath servers.

5 Likes

Im going to play classic to murder every red I see while leveling. Too bad, I wont get honor for the first phase. World pvp > Retail Arena

1 Like

hopefully that doesn’t end up taking 4-5 years

3 Likes

Do i have to spell this out in crayon? Are you a marine?

Indirectly, it means not the main reason. Google it, rehearse it, whatever you have to do to understand what that word means.

Now, i also pretty clearly stated, that people supporting classic would be indirectly responsible for retail SLIDING EVEN FURTHER downhill.

I didn’t say we were the cause of the current state of the game, but this many people flooding to classic is absolutely an issue that we as consumers need to be honest with ourselves about.

I just don’t get it. I really dont. Youre paying a company to give you old content and people are excited about it. And in less than a week the nostalgia will start to wear off and people will notice.

“Oh wow, this is gonna be like, a LOT of grinding.”

You could use this exact same pessimism for every active BFA player?

Wow you’re paying a company to shovel garbage down your throat with broken azerite traits and garbage that should have been tested before it got released! Wow!

Wow the months of grinding you’re spending for your BIS azerite will be completely irrelevant in a few months when the next patch comes out!

Wow your active sub and contribution to the time played metric is why Blizzard thinks it’s okay to push garbage like BFA and azerite traits!

3 Likes

Do i have to spell this out in crayon? Are you a marine?

Indirectly, it means not the main reason. Google it, rehearse it, whatever you have to do to understand what that word means.

This wouldn’t be an issue if Blizzard didn’t do what they did with the current state of the game. If you can’t see this then you are a lost cause. That is what I am clearly stating. If Current wow was good there will be no supporters for classic with the exception of a small minority.
If the current state of wow was full filling there would be no classic. Rehearse that

2 Likes

I’ll keep doing pve on retail for now…wpvp, bgs, and other such shenanigans will be on classic.

I’m already stockpiling diapers and hotpockets for the inevitable release of WoTLK classic servers

1 Like

Def quitting this hot garbage expac for classic no hesitation.

2 Likes

will probably just take a break / retire from wow all together, seeing as BfA and classic both suck áss but will now be even more divided.

Yep, will probably quene arenas when I’ve got nothing going on in classic. They have abandoned pvp this expansion. I’ll take grinding attunements or bgs over neck levels.