Are you retiring for classic?

I’ll be paying both. Probably more classic than retail until 9.0 when they give us vendors back (right?.. :sob:)

1 trillion times this

BFA is the grindiest piece of garbage in WoW’s 15 year hostory

in Classic when u hit 60 ur grind is done

everything else is just playing the game

the 1-60 grind is pretty enjoyable too. Like the music in these classic zones are simply breath-taking.

2 Likes

Screw retail its a POS. Hope it does die.

You’re delusional, classes in classic have more depth, utility, and finesse than retail has had since MoP. It is clear that blizzard has no interest in making wow arenas or class design return to their former depth and skill cap, they obviously took a hard turn in WoD by removing 1/3rd of every classes abilities. You now have two expansions after where they have continued to prune, simplify, and up QoL. Open your eyes.

All 10 people still playing bfa arena can cup their ears and make noises to ignore what is happening around them, but it won’t change the truth. Retail is a failed project, existing to milk money via gamblers fallacy from people with past achievements that they still want attention and prestige for. Also pet and mount and achievement collectors. As many others in this thread have said, classic is necessary to eventually get BC and Wrath, obviously superior competitive PvP games than anything released after MoP, garbage to the point where even classic (PvP) gameplay is far more engaging than the last three expansions.

8 Likes

I take it he’s only experienced the LFG / CRZ era of WoW that killed off the feeling of community and need for guilds.

I think the people going to classic have long since given up hope for retail, I know I have.

2 Likes

I think the hype and interest around classic has already influenced Blizzard’s decisions moving forward. I can’t think of any other reason why Ion would of made that video admitting they finally agree the playerbsse that the pruning was overkill, and classes need to be developed with more uniqueness & variety.

4 Likes

Do you have a link where they said pruning was overkill? That is a serious admission, and while the idea should have never made it out of the conference room where it was uttered by celestalon, and even then their mistake should have been admitted 1 month into WoD, this would be an optimistic change of pace.

I agree and it makes me curious where they take class design next expansion. Classic has classes and retail has specs.

1 Like

I won’t retire from retail but it will definitely take up more of my time

Bets part about classic is no Demon Hunters, god no Demon Hunters…

6 Likes

Nah. Retiring from it all. Thought it would be better after a 3 yr break but omg :open_mouth: oh well. Will always remember the memories and friends I made over a decade of life. Good luck to All​:four_leaf_clover:

I’m going to play both classic and retail, with mlre time devoted to classic. Arena is one of the few reasons I play WoW over FFXIV even if I’m not very good at it, and unfortunately classic lacks it. I raid heroic eternal palace and see myself doung that twice a week for a while.

If I get really into classic raiding I may consider cutting bfa raiding, but I cant see quitting BFA without arena in classic.

Hmm problem with classic is I already played it, leveled 3 characters to 60 through it, ran the only 2 level 60 dungeons more time than I want to count . Did the bg grind and got the rep on 2 accounts, did all the attunements and raids, grinded AV for the gear, did all the exploration and quests. I still have items from Vanilla in my bank across several characters and alts. There is nothing new and nothing left to explore in Classic. Honestly leveling will not take as long as you think , the dungeons and raids were not hard and were simply a gear check. The path has already been well layed and documented for years on how to do it all and easily. Without the unkown and challenge of the new there is nothing other than nastalga left.

4 Likes

not reitiring but playing both

1 Like

Thing is, if they didn’t screw up the live game to the point it is at now, they would not have needed to spend all those resources on Classic.

2 Likes

classic vs retail is a pretty polarizing topic

It’s ok to not really pick a “side”

play what you like

dabble in some classic

play some live

but when TBC comes out with arena i will be done with live forever

2 Likes

Fixed that for u. Can’t wait for wrath sub rogue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ngl wrath will be pretty lit but ill be in a nursing home by the time it gets released :joy:

2 Likes