Are you happy with your classes' proposed changes?

Wtb deep freeze.

Please remove shimmer+gpy. Then I’d be happier.

The mythic raids are still good, and I still have fun raiding with my friends.

1 Like

I’d have liked Divine Intervention and Blessing of Might back.

I really need to see the talent trees and how the classes actual ‘feel’ in real gameplay before I make any kind of opinion.

No.

Demo and destro are “fine”? Are you kidding?

I am really excited about aff, though. I really, really detest how burst-focused it is. Affliction should be all about getting through a punishing ramp-up with skill being how well you can maintain constant pressure while dealing with mechanics.

It should have no burst. It’s supposed to be 100% about consistency, and a ceaseless-but-neverending train of medium-sized truck-loads of damage. If you want burst…that’s what Destro and Demo are for.

3 Likes

Druid changes seem mostly okay. Nothing terribly exciting for bears, but that’s not a surprise so whatever. Same deal with cats. Resto changes look pretty nice. Moonkin is probably the hardest hit, as a return to the Wrath-style of gameplay seems to be a pretty big regression in terms of spec design and I don’t know anyone who actually enjoyed playing it.

1 Like

as a unholy DK yes. we are getting to keep most of our current kit and adding summon gargoyle so doesn’t seem bad. I was looking at my pally but as soon as they said all specs are going holy power I wont be touch it at all. combo point healers and tanks are a bad idea imo. if I was a fire mage I wouldn’t be happy, having to now spread ignite instead of it being passive plus nothing to offset the lost master blaster and bracers…doesn’t look great.

2 Likes

Decent, looking forward to tanking on dh.

ya agreed, when I read balance changes I cringed a bit. not sure what they were thinking there as the community almost as a whole rejoiced when that was changed. why revert to a poor system…

And you raid on a class, right?

I am but where is my DISARM TRAP

You realize trailblazer is basically a better version of the old aspect of the cheetah, right?

I really don’t expect things will change all too much for me. Mage is just one of those classes.

I can watch terrible movies while having a beer with friends and have a fantastic time. That does not make the movies good or enjoyable on their own merits. Same general principle applies here.

2 Likes

You realize that we also had Aspect of the Pack, which was Cheetah for the group, right?

2 Likes

u know 2h frost makes frost really strong in pvp.

Honestly, I don’t like the druid changes. I don’t like the idea of a “jack of all trades” class that can still master things.

It might just be because I don’t like the druid class in general, though.

Basically, what you get with a druid with these changes, is a hybrid that is fully capable of matching me on my 'lock on the meters, but who gets roughly the same amount of utility that I do. Who can then, between fights, elect to change from ranged DPS to melee DPS, or to a Tank, or to a Healer.

How much is too much? There is nothing I can do that a druid cannot also do, and in some cases do it better. What do you give up to play a druid when compared to a mage, warlock, rogue, or hunter in a general sense?

Maybe I just disagree with the core design of the druid. I don’t know.

I read the druid changes and just couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Entangling Roots AND Cyclone base? With a choice to spec into Ursol’s Vortex?

2 Likes

No HP for paladins and I would be elated.

1 Like

Druid: unsure. The changes overall SOUND good, but I was on hiatus from WoW during the expansions where the eclipse system was used so I have no first hand experience with it. I hear bad things from fellow balance druids, but to be fair they may not be the exact same system that we had before. Resto changes look good and I like the covenant abilities for druid, especially night fae.

Shaman: Again, sounds intriguing but we’ll have to wait and see. I’m going to have to completely relearn how to play my shaman if they remove maelstrom, as other than classic/ vanilla shaman its the only system ive known. Curious to see what other covenant abilities they get.

Death knight and hunter changes look mostly good, especially unholy. Only thing I’d prefer is being able to tank as unholy again like I did back in wrath.

Warlock: not happy. Wish they would revamp demo, I’m tired of it not having anb interrupt or purge or anything because you’re forced into using one particular demon over all others. Affliction changes do look moderately good though.

Paladin: nervous about heals/tanking being put on a combo point system, could be good but it could also be very bad.

1 Like

The changes to ret are really good, it might be in a really good spot in arena’s in the coming expac. Baselined it’s best talent, and strongest azurite trait.

That’s true, but let’s be honest, nobody wants to group with hunters anyways =p