Are you guys noticing a difference now?

I got all the back pieces last season so I feel ya, this season I was pretty lucky with both weapons by week 2

1 Like

People complained about legion templates but look where we’re at now, imo legion templates were a pretty simple fix to a lot of issues. Either that or literally just have a set item level of honor gear and conquest gear.

Think I fought ya a few times last night bud. Was ggs.

1 Like

Yeh I got farmed rip

I mean wod scaling is also an easy fix and it’s already half arsedly implemented. If they actually didn’t cater only to pvers we’d be fine but nope… Wod scaling to address PvE concerns not PvP ones :expressionless:

2 Likes

I mean, they could simply make PvP scale twice, once at 1400 and again at 1800, but this doesn’t solve the glaring issues of Conduits, soulbinds and legendaries effecting PvP.

The game just needs to have separate tooltips for PvE and PvP and all the other PvE system crap disabled.

I was definitely live lording being trained last night by a lot of teams

Honestly, just bring back legion templates and disable every single pve buff in the game, conduits, soulbinds, legendaries, everything. In my honest opinion, being able to hop onto an alt that was roughly 80 ilvls lower than the average and being able to instantly win games was really good. No chores, no BS

2 Likes

My pally is 4 pieces from full, and I haven’t done conquest or vault on him in 2 weeks now, so yeah def possible I think–depending on how lucky you got on big pieces out of vault.

1 Like

Whaaaaat? Where were these 30k non crits last night??? :joy:

Except this is way more work and therefore waaaayyyyy less likely to happen. Legit they have wod scaling in the game already. Just do it. Legit doable in the flippin .5 patch.

I mean with wod scaling everyone ended up 100% even. No gear disparity. That’s pretty solid too. I guarantee you I’d be playing a lot more.

3 Likes

Legion there was literally like a 5% disparity between someone with 900 and 950, it really wasnt big. If you were the better team you won, but yes I agree wod scaling also worked tremendously well and I think either or is good, the only reason I slightly prefer legion system is cause im lazy and dont like gearing alts at all.

and in wod regardless of your rating there was 0% disparity. And i could run an all haste set and an all mast (etc etc)

4 Likes

Part of the problem is that did not apply in wpvp. Still rating locked gear is the devil. I was a part of a great and fairly large PvP guild in wod. They had been in existence since early cata. Great mix of people and everyone played with everyone in any comp all day every day.

Then legion comes around and people need to push rating and sweat all season long. All of a suddenly people who played the same spec since vanilla were being told to swap because the spec sucked. The better players stopped playing with the poor ones because they needed gear each week. The poor players just stopped pvping because PvE is insanely easy to get gear through compared to PvP.

A guild that lasted from cata to wod, and grew even in the deadest parts of wod, died half way through the first season of legion. It still exists but as a PvE guild now. Naw rating locked gear is the worst and it’s simply anti competition. Makes no sense in a PvP environment. Even if that isn’t inherently a part of templates I just don’t need templates lol… my hatred for legion probably sabatoges my like for templates.

Legion was alt friendly. Still though I had every single class geared in wod too. If they did proper wod scaling with not insane gaps it would be just fine even for alts.

Greens 220
Honor 230
Comques 240.

No giant gaps and there’s still progress for those lame people that need it. I feel like it hits enough of blizzards crap that they just need to go the last half of the way on wod scaling lol. Probably still too much work for them though considering they have half a PvP dev :pensive:

2 Likes

This is why I believe they won’t fix the item level disparity. It’s just way too profitable for them.

2 Likes

I wish they would give us back the pvp cache and still have the vault for pve.
Having to pick because I casually raid sucks.
I’m behind in pvp gear because I’ve been taking pve pieces

No it is still painfully ridiculous to upgrade my conduits.

I do notice a difference, but I also attribute that to me becoming a better player over time and trading cooldowns/avoiding situations a bit more wisely than 6 months ago.

I literally have never lost a game and blamed gear, unless I’m starting an alt. To some degree, entry level conquest gear and it’s doable. There are a million other things I can focus on as a reason I lost before I say gear, and the difference between Rival and Duelist gear is certainly not the reason anybody lost.

The issue I see (I play affliction to maybe this is biased…) is that the game seems to recently be geared specifically favoring set up comps. Rot comps aren’t performing as well, and while cleaves are performing well, I’m unsure how long that will last in the later part of the expansion. Like Hearthstone, aggro, control, set up and midrange should all have their pros and cons, and maintain a fair balance. Think of cleaves as aggro, and rot comp as control. Now I know Hearthstone isn’t always entirely balanced, but it is usually balanced much better than WoW PvP.

I know it’s hard to balance a game for both PvE and PvP at the same time, and the majority of subscriptions are PvE favored. I get that the entire world doesn’t revolve around myself, or even the PvP community. But I like the idea that’s been brought up of creating a separate game specifically for PvP ( or even a separate realm would do) without the content grind and gearing. Just great class design, and let it rip.

Pvp is really bad in terms of gearing and playing, the skills and class imbalance is Sinbad they should fire the class dev!

For really look how much money they are losing for people moving to Ff14. The feedback of how to fix it given is very easy. And they have so much pride to recognize they did SO wrong! They are willing to lose 50% of the players …

Wow is a BAD