Are you going to play Classic WoW?

Already did. 14 years ago. I will not repeat that insane grind. Been there, done that.

7 Likes

I mean most of the nost players are european. I wonā€™t have to play with them. Tons of Chinese as well.

1 Like

Iā€™ll play it very casually.

I actually have a friend who started WoW with me. We both still play, but we hardly see eachother anymore since heā€™s busy and stuff now. You know, adult lives happened. ;_;

So this may be something he and I can do together on the weekends or something. Re-make our original characters and level together like old times. Might be fun.

ā€¦ Except this time I wonā€™t be on dial up and Iā€™ll actually know what the frick Iā€™m doing (somewhat). XD

4 Likes

i just resubscribed yesterday not knowing about beta after not really playing since cataclysm it was too big of a change for me back then i had played vanilla - cataclysm, i just wanted to support the company that will be finally bringing me back the game i loved

Not planning on playing Classic. Already finished it.

6 Likes

I will, i wont be as hardcore as i was in 05 but i will when bored of retail

2 Likes

I am pretty lazy when it comes to consumable and gathering, so it might be a no from me.

Yeah, Iā€™ll probably be playing casually as a rogue for funsies and back stabbiesā€¦ maybe ambushes idk yet.

2 Likes

This is probably what ill be like, just no playing retail lol.

1 Like

Well i still want to play retail to get back in raiding because boss mechanics and fight are a ton harder now. 40m hardest part was getting 40 people with the proper resistance.

Iā€™ll probably join in on the initial boom. Iā€™m not certain I will stay though. My biggest worry is that the endgame will once again belong to the select elite few and that dungeon/raid/elite quest groups will again take hours to find.

Nope because I have no interest in it though I am glad those who wanted it are getting it.

Donā€™t think that will happen, raiding is a lot more popular these days. Not many could raid back then because their PCs couldnā€™t handle it.

Sounds good, we will see. Basically Iā€™ll stay if I feel welcome. xD

I already have why would I want to play it again? A funny thing about nostalgia is that when you try to relive old moments, theyā€™re bound to fail. You were different, things were different. When it comes to a game like world of warcraft which isnā€™t a singleplayer game, itā€™s even worse off because of it being a mmo. The game has evolved so much over the years in ways people truly wonā€™t understand until they set a foot on the classic server. Itā€™s going to be like a big slap in the face for the majority of people.

My prediction is that classic will be a HUGE success the first few weeks. After a month or so the population will start dropping and itā€™ll get worse and worse as time goes on. Eventually youā€™ll end up with a miserable ghost town of a server where you canā€™t get a guild with enough people to do proper content.

4 Likes

I just want to see a non destroyed Darkshore and Barrens, Iā€™ll be happy when I do.

2 Likes

I will be playing it. I lived there for many years, it was like another home. Then Activision killed it. It was like they killed a part of me, and the part that grew back was something else. I latched onto it but could never ā€œloveā€ it the same again.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be classic, if it didnā€™t have the cheesy playstation 2 graphics lol.

Yes because of this!

Just kidding.

Iā€™ll be playing Classic full time and then swing in to see whats new with Sylvanas/Jaina/Anduin and the rest of the gang.

2 Likes

Maybe. I remember a few good things back thenā€¦ but for the most part I remember lots of really bad things. Mostly the community. Punished for being friends with a guy that started drama. And the long long waits to do instances. Maybe to mess around and see the world as it wasā€¦ but I do not have a rose coloured glasses thing going on.