Are you going to play Classic WoW?

As my subscription pays for both, yes I will. It will be a nice distraction during the odd lull moments of Current, though nothing I will dedicate my time to wholesale. I much prefer the quality of life systems and the social interactions I have now.

2 Likes

Having never experienced Vanilla WoW, I will be giving it a try. Unlike my previous experience with games such as Runescape which brought back their older model of the game, Vanilla will truthfully be a new experience I’ve only heard stories of.

Seeing how classes worked back then, general gameplay and mechanics. It will be worth a try if nothing else, especially given that it comes with the base subscription.

4 Likes

yes, because I miss the journey and community.

20 Likes

Nah, I played it when it came out and I’ve served my time in hell already.

I have fond memories, but my nostalgia goggles stopped working years ago and I can distinguish between objective improvement versus a longing for days gone by.

I don’t wish to return to the days of sitting in general all day trying to form a group, or needing a 5 man party just to scratch my own nose.

Besides all that, I’ve grown quite accustomed to all the modern conveniences and quality of life changes this game has cultivated over the years and I can’t in good faith recommend going back and walking away from 15 years of advancement.

16 Likes

I played it when it was current. No need to go through that again.

12 Likes

Probably. Classic has this “RPG” feeling that BFA seems to be lacking. Besides, can’t wait to be a classic druid, I like the class fantasy. (Even though it wasn’t possible to root inside caves :rage:)

10 Likes

Probably. If the player base is more normal and not like private servers.

2 Likes

Yes, I will be playing. I cant wait to level through pre cata Azeroth again.

8 Likes

Sometimes I think I might do so out of curiosity but then I remember the rogue poison, the shaman totem and the druid form quest chains. That stupid fight on the island to get defensive stance. I remember on Pen, here, having to pay to level up my spells and how hard that made it to afford mount training. Well, that and vendoring everything. Auction House? What’s that? D’oh!

Then I remember what made vanilla so memorable was me being such a noob, rather than the game being better than it is now. Going back will never capture that first full moon on the mountain top in the Barrens. Those magical moments aren’t going to be lived again and so my mind goes back to the grind and the mechanics and ugh… no. I’ll level alts to 120 once flying and catch-up mechanics come to BfA.

For those looking forward to vanil… er… Classic, I sincerely hope you enjoy it and it is everything you wanted.

5 Likes

No.

why?
because, no dks and a lot less i am okay with right now.

1 Like

I was only going to play on it if they were going to let me learn all the mogs I missed out on back in the day and was hoping somehow it was going to let us learn those mogs account-wide so my retail account can learn them but they said that’s not going to happen of course since mogging didn’t exist back then, so I have no reason to play classic, I already played it when it was current, there’s nothing to go back too.

To be fair… Most of the people who are coming to Classic WoW are the ultra hardcore Classic people who’re refugees from the whole Nostalrius shutdown.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna play. I never got to raid Naxx. I wanna change that.

3 Likes

Actually, just watched an interview with a current Sr developer on Classic who worked on original Vanilla WoW. Assumptions…

8 Likes

I’ll probably check it out because I wasn’t around until near the end of BC so I never got to experience Vanilla.

4 Likes

If it means anything, the development team managed to actually work in spell batching into Classic WoW. Spell batching was something that wasn’t intended to be there, but improvements to the modern engine made it go away. They’re really bent on #NoChanges

1 Like

Nope. Not interested.

4 Likes

Probs not. I played it back in 2004 and i have no desire to go back and play it

5 Likes

Lol, good one.

9 Likes

Yes,
I am curious about it. I started playing in Wrath, so I never experienced Vanilla. Hopefully I’ll enjoy it, it sounds very immersive.

4 Likes