Are you going to fix the PAY TO WIN?

I’m playing a rogue start laughing

I will not start by mentioning that finding a guild is absolutely impossible.

The only option left for me to dream about the Warglaive is joining a GDKP.

I started to check around a few GDKPs and found out Warglaives are Gbids. It’s ok I don’t mind. But let me tell you, most of the Gbdis are locked between 200K gold and 300K gold. How in earth a rogue can own this much gold?

I have been making what I consider “a lot of gold” while doing Naxx trash farming with my Mage (around 35K gold) and saved them for this day. I thought it could be competitive, but it’s absolutely not.

When I check the AH and I see that most of the mats on my server (Bene) sells for cheap, it makes me wonder, how can someone own 300K gold?

7 Likes

DM Jump runs obviously…

10 Likes

GDKPS and many, many alts.

Those that commonly run and take part in gdkps make that kind of gold.

Eg my gdkp pays me 3k a week just to show up on my resto sham this means 12k a month before the gold pool this is for naxx. They further are offering higher signup bonuses to key roles for new content.

Doing all there content a week as a key role can earn 10k a week 40k a month before payouts. A good week of payouts can be further another 5-10k in naxx and if doing full week 20-50k ish new content will be higher eap first week.

Making 300k from there dosent take long and dosent need you to buy gold. While yes some buyers most def buy gold that’s not the gdkps fault and many players there have that gold witho it buying from doing gdkps.

You’re competing with people who’ve been using their mages to boost Mara/ZG throughout Classic, and now SP/SL in TBCC. Not to mention the people who’ve just been buying gold constantly. It’s like trying to compare your AH prowess when all you’ve been selling is peacebloom and linen cloth.

It’s funny to see how ungeared your rogue is ^^, thanks for your comment, you’re proving my point ahah.

2 Likes

dont know why is that so hard we had 3 rogues for most of p2 and did fine, we have 2 now for p3

You guys must be an exception then because most guild will take one, maximum 2 in their raid.

The reason behind that is pretty obvious, a warlock/hunter and do the same damage as 2 rogues.

But thank you for supporting the rogue community <3

1 Like

Don’t let these people gaslight you. Most raids don’t take rogues.

If you want to raid as a rogue you need to start a guild or community for gdkp.

If you want glaives you need to be GM of a guild and or part of an officer core from classic.

There aren’t going to be open spots for solo rogue players going into the most anticipated phase of classic. Let alone a chance at getting the most iconic weapons of TBC. The people getting glaives either have loads of gold from classic boosting / gdkp or have put in a significant amount of guild management time to get their guild this far along.

The only pay to win is the gold buying that happens frequently and it’s evident that blizzard does take some action against those folks but you could argue it’s not enough.

1 Like

Perhaps you should have joined a guild sooner rather than waiting until the day of BT release to begin complaining about not being able to join a guild that will hand you glaives.

12 Likes

Yet most raids have 1 or 2 rogues in them. It apparently wasn’t impossible for them. Any decent guild is going to give warglaives to their long time dedicated rogues first, as well.
:axe:

2 Likes

speak for yourself lol

Glad you can’t make any more sense, and looked at my alt rogue which I haven’t played 1 month after TBC release.

1 Like

It’s actually funny that you make the assumption that I wasn’t in the guild.

I was indeed in one where they took only one rogue to raid. I was benched every week and my only opportunity to play with them was the other rogue to be unable to play.

In my opinion you probably should have expected the higher gold costs considering everything (Some Naxx weapons went for gold cap…) HOWEVER the character attacks as to why you aren’t in a guild are completely unnecessary. Guilds fall apart all the time and it’s not as if there are many rogue spots available. Things aren’t always so cut and dry like some on here obviously assume they are.

Have you tried looking? Have you tried starting your own?

How would expect 35000 gold to be enough for the best rogue weapons in the game (the most popular pvp class). I don’t have that much gold but could easily make endless gold if I banged my head against strat all day but I don’t need more gold I have plenty.

In your case it’s common knowledge about GDKPs having insane costs and payouts in current content. DSTs alone go for like 20-50K. lol

Not saying I agree with it but however people get there gold they will spend it how they choose. Others create the service. If you legit wanted glaives shoulda had a guild/spot setup before xpack started tbh.

I had a belt of one hundred deaths go for double of that at the start of the p2, great payout tho

I believe it. It’s bis next phase for a lot of classes.

When you boost on a mage for months you make a lot of gold. When you then take some of that gold to play the auction house (buying low and selling high) you make even more gold. So sorry.