Are you enjoying the deluge of 370+ gear?

Title,

I’m honestly curious what others think about all the 370 in the game now from incursions, warfronts and emissaries mostly.

I have an alt that is 371 without ever doing anything beyond incursions, emissaries and warfronts.

I ask this because the new raid, m+, and pvp season starts next week, and if you are 370+ you already overgear lfr, m+4 or 5, arathi, some world bosses, and other content, possibly more with forging.

In addition

Should we be overgearing so much content before its live and invalidating other content ilvl wise so quickly? What do you think?

12 Likes

Mythic zeroes will be dropping 370’s next week.

12 Likes

370 is the new 325…

14 Likes

I’ve been scrapping all the 370 gear I’ve been getting and was able to afford a new azerite piece that I was able to push to 390 after the final trait. So all that extra gear is good for something.

5 Likes

Meaning if you are already 370 you outgear them barring specific itemization

I didn’t out gear them when I started tanking them in the first week though.

1 Like

By March 400 will be the new 325.

This is now how the game works now.
It’s really very demotivating.

25 Likes

OP I’m suprised you aren’t more worried about the ilvl normal dungeons will be dropping, the same ilvl as normal Uldir.

1 Like

People that care about all this RPG progression stuff already left.

5 Likes

Kinda the point I was making, I did them at 325 in the first weeks of bfa, now they are kinda of pointless from a gear perspective for new toons and alts since 370 is the new 340 which used to be the new 325 or so.

Almost anything less than a 4 will be pointless for gearing after next week.

To be fair, has anyone ever relied on low keys for gear? At 340 you were geared enough for Uldir(In the first few weeks anyway before people started asking for higher ilvl.)

1 Like

My alts love it but my alts under 370 ilvl that still get lower ilvl things hate it lol.

1 Like

i can see that. but i dont pay alot of attention. i tend to keep whatever has stats i want unless 20 plus item level difference.
game keeps track of whats dropped for you so no need to keep it in bags for a better item level with stats you want.

Blizz has to keep us playing somehow.

Alts is about it, just feel like the game is invalidating a lot of it’s own content so quickly this expac

3 Likes

Kind of wish this was the case for me, but strength still outweighs all my secondaries. All ilvl for me.

See, this is exactly the reason why I’ve been taking a casual approach to this expansion thus far. I started playing BfA on Day 2 on my V/H DH. I leveled through dungeons & PvP primarily and mostly because I wanted to prove a theory about only questing after 120. I ended up abandoning my DH because I wasn’t feeling the whole kiting aspect in dungeons.

Less than a month ago, I hit level 120 on my B DK and am already 357 ilvl. Some of my gear is from PvP based content, but the rest I obtained through weekly events, incursions, warfronts, and normal & raid finder raids. I did purchase two pieces of gear from the AH (wrist and gloves, both 385 ilvl) so I wouldn’t have to worry about those pieces until after the patch.

I can tell though that I am at the point where gear is raining down from the heavens. For now I average 1 upgrade piece per day. I still have at least 60% of questing still to complete and my HoA is at 30, almost 31. Not bad for a months worth of casual play!

I don’t exactly agree on catch up mechanics for gear starting so early. But even in MoP and WoD normal and heroic dungeons were outgeared pretty quickly.

i love receiving piles of honorbound/7th legion azerite pieces on my alts all with the same terrible traits. great variety.

That will happen if you keep doing the content that rewards honorbound/7th legion rewards.

4 Likes