"Are we the baddies?" Self-awareness of the Horde?

Its true.
I addressed that in the very first words I said when I opened this thread.
And I stated I am coming here with an open mind.

It has been my theory that the Horde does not care about anyone besides themselves and they just love violence, war and dominance of others to advance their own supremacy.
However I have debated several Horde posters here who do not believe this to be the case and tell me I am wrong.

Ok.
Lets consider that.
Can anyone who plays Horde as much as I play Alliance recall events, dialogues or quests that destroy this mistaken belief of mine? Are there dialogues that mirror these self reflections that are so prelevant in the Alliance?
Because I have quested a bit on the Horde side. I donā€™t think I have heard the word Teldrassil more than onceā€¦ War of Thorns may as well not happened at all.

Valdrane. You think I am wrong.
Prove me wrong then. Show evidence.

4 Likes

Yes. Many in the Horde are fully self-aware.

After Sylvanas says ā€œBurn itā€, there are Darkspear Mages who ignite the catapults. And Darkspear Shaman who help the fire rage over Teldrassil more efficiently.

Geyarah does not want to share a planet with Draenei, after her experiences with Yrel.

A Green skinned Orc guards Baine and tells Saurfang that he has less honor than her wolves.

A Tauren NPC is angry about Camp Taurajo and is eager to fight the Alliance.

Blood Elves like Lorash and the Sunreavers express their distaste for Malfurion, Jaina, and the Alliance as a whole.

So, yes, many Horde Characters are self aware - and they disagree with the OP and many Alliance sympathizers.

As Lorthemar says, Sylvanas has the support of the people.

11 Likes

i disagree, most of that feeling its because your faction hasnā€™t demonstrated any outrage about the burning of teldrassil (lorthemar said most of the horde approves of sylvanas) or even any intention to sueing for peace, from my point of view there is a serious problem with the horde where half of its races want to kill everyone else (you guys are sparing your other half for last and they dont even notice) and even if i see videos on youtube im fairly certain i havent seen them all so this is a good post.
Also i will call you on your BS you dont even care that the tree was burnt and a lot of nelfs died so why should pheandra care about your orcs? isnt that being a hypocrite? complaining about pheandra not caring about orcs but doing the same with nelfs? are you RPing? as players i care about the part of your faction that is a little worried about the tree burning and azeroth dying, i think about half of the honor horde, which should be like 1/4 of the horde, i would CARE about more if some REPARATIONS were in progress, hence why im interested in this post.

1 Like

Noneā€¦ none of those examples have the Horde self analyzing their own actionsā€¦ IE self-reflection of their own actions.
Do they approve of it? Detest it? Or it isnā€™t even worth mentioning?

1 Like

They are self aware. That was your question.

Self reflection is not the measure of self awareness. You seem to think a character is only self aware if they agree with you.

The Characters I listed are aware of what they are doing and they are doing it with gusto.

17 Likes

Weā€™ve been fistpumping and clanking beer mugs through out BfA. To answer your question directly, no one in the Horde gives a crap about the NE homeland.

We were just trying to dismantle the ENTIRE Alliance, what makes you think they give a crap about Darkshore? I think fans tend to forget that the Teldrassil was merely a stepping stone to obliterating the ENTIRE Alliance.

10 Likes

Which is why this is a bad story. Congratulations, the Horde has once again been painted as irredeemable. And here I thought WoD had done the most damage to that possible.

I miss Wrathā€¦

13 Likes

Curse is right yet again, the Horde is very much so self aware.

3 Likes

This self awareness question is something I picked up from talking about some other Horde posters.
In the OP I described this idea of an honorable Horde who seeks to do nothing but live in peace with others rather than dominant them.
These Horde posters have pushed this idea that what sylvanas and the rest are doing is something monstrous that they donā€™t support.
So that would mean there are dialogues and content out there for the Horde that shows this conflict (See my examples).

At the end of my post I remarked that maybe this idea simply isnā€™t true.
Maybe the Horde is indeed self aware but the actions committed in Teldrassil and so on simply donā€™t bother them.
If you are pushing this idea then I am inclined to agree with you unless there is any contrary information (which is the whole point of this thread).
Your theory is my theory that the Horde simply doesnā€™t care about the plight of others.

2 Likes

Wrong!

They donā€™t care about the plight of the Alliance.

What are you thinking?

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what I just said.

4 Likes

Am I in the twilight zone?

I quoted what you said, directly.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think you are even reading what I am saying. Just reacting.

2 Likes

I read what you said, and quoted it.

5 Likes

Ok even by WoW Forum Troll standards this is lazy trolling.
Good day Deathisfinal.

3 Likes

How is quoting you directly trolling?

20 Likes

The Horde cares about ā€œothersā€ like the Vulpera, for example. The alliance though? No, they can get food poisoning, then aids and die.

21 Likes

Question: Has the Alliance ever cared about anyone that wasnā€™t their friend?

2 Likes

I canā€™t help but think that anytime the Horde helps anyone is for their own benefit.
When has the Horde selflessly helped anyone with no profit or boon for themselves? They didnā€™t help the Vulpera. They Vulpera helped them first and they joined together to bring down the Sethrak.

Velen and the Draenei restoring the Sunwell and giving it back to the Blood Elveā€™s charge.
No sharing of its power or taking it for themselves.

4 Likes