"Are we the baddies?" Self-awareness of the Horde?

yea it looks pretty bad from alliance’s point of view, half of the horde playerbase isnt happy with the story either, hence bad writing(really, 2/3 of your playerbase isnt happy with the story?) , hence why we should complain and cry fault at blizzard instead of throwing dung to each other.

15 Likes

If the alliance is anduin, then yes. Anduin wanted to be friends with even sylvanas until she decided to murder her own fleeing civilians at Arathi. I’ll admit. Calia sort of ruined that, but sylvie was looking for an excuse to do something evil the whole time, if you read the story.

1 Like

the wellbeing of the planet for starters, hence why we didnt wanted to use azerite and tried to stop you guys at silithus, that thing with velen aiding the belfs so they could get over their addiction, the thing with the forsaken and stormwind families.

6 Likes

You are moving that goal post all over the place, it must be a pleasure having discussion with you on this forum :football:

10 Likes

They cared about the pandaren and wanted to help protect them from Horde aggression.

Otherwise the game tends to divy up anyone new we meet into one of two camps. Either they become our new bestest friends in no time flat or they’re our new loot pinatas.

This is a good example of why your statement:

Is incorrect.

The Horde has often shown an ability to work with others. Sylvanas has actively expanded the groups of people the Horde works with. From Sanlayan to living Humans like the Fogsail Freebooters and Ashvane.

11 Likes

Nah Death. I am actually trying really hard to be open minded this time.
Read the OP again and try to participate positively.

Even if according to you the Alliance is exempt from Horde’s moral standards the reverse certainly isn’t true for the Alliance.

Take that how you will.

3 Likes

i must admit you had me hoping for a second there.

She doesn’t care for them because she benefits from the help she gives. Derp…

The ability to temporarily work with others is not what I asked nor is recruiting other races to become part of the Horde.

I thought I was being positive :joy::joy::joy:

You really haven’t responded to my previous point or anything in the OP.
It just seems you want to argue with me and for once that’s something I am going to avoid doing. I honestly want a constructive discussion rather than the tit for tat debates we tend to have on these forums.

Before BFA I would have said the Horde are goodguys.

But in BFA Blizz is pretty clearly saying to Horde players “we not only hate you, we want you to hate yourselves. HATE YOURSELF YOU MONSTER!”

26 Likes

One of the things I noticed in my brief journey to 120 with my Horde main.
You don’t really get any mentions of the war while you level up outside the war campaign.
And even then it is more focused on “we need to defeat so and so to defeat the Alliance. For the Horde!” and etc…

Nothing really screams out “shame on you!” besides the initial cinematics.
Even the latest stuff has no mention of Teldrassil. Its more Baine being pissed off at Sylvanas for mistreating a Forsaken than literally wiping out a race just a short time ago.

Baine’s priorities seem to be extremely skewed.
Hence why I made this post in the first place.

5 Likes

I responded directly to the OP, which is basically “The Horde doesn’t give a crap about the Alliance and actually tried to destroy it”

You then injected your theory about the Horde caring for others, which is were I disagreed with you.

I think maybe we can agree that the Horde doesn’t give a crap about the Alliance(and I love the Horde for that), if you’re not ready to discuss your theory, we don’t have to talk about it.

1 Like

Well your opinion will be easy to stick with if you rule out any information to the contrary.

Recruiting races to be part of the Horde was Sylvanas’s initiative. But the connections were based on the Horde’s history of caring about others.

The Nightborne. The Highmountain. The Maghar. They joined the Horde in large part because of what the Horde did for them in the past. When they were an “other”.

Same with the Vulpera in BfA.

The Horde has often helped “others” and shown concern for their plight. And sometimes those “others” have even joined the Horde later.

12 Likes

Stop stealing my thunders : ):cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

Even Sylvanas cares for others but not in a mothergoose type of way, its more of a this idiot better not ram into the back of my new Jag type of way or crazy ex lol

4 Likes

Did you get to enjoy the Teldrassil campaign on Horde? Endlessly looping screaming civilian sound effects in the background as the people you are forced to kill sob “why are you doing this?”

10 Likes

I want take one or two home with me… Dressed up, they’d make such cute domestics.

fan service for the sickos out there. i assume phaendra didnt do war of thorns tho.

4 Likes