Are we stuck watching streams for the next 3 months?

Nope. We are not. Alt f4 works wonderfully. So does putting the PC to sleep or shutting the phone off.
Played a round of golf yesterday. Going to splat some bugs on my bike today. You guys have fun debating streamer privilege. Peace be with you friends.

2 Likes

No, you’re probably right. Error 37 will be live on the 27th. I fully expect not enough layers, realms, whatever.

1 Like

This server should have hit without beta and without announcement.

Don’t endorse streaming by watching them. If everyone did this there would be no streaming.

I’m watching streamers every day while I work, keeps me informed. I have a lot to learn regarding vanilla and I pick up something new every day. I’m keeping notes too. :slight_smile:

Tried this with Northdale. Its so overcrowded with people who didnt get into beta that its impossible to get anything done. Seriously i sat for 45 minutes trying to get Felix’s Bucket of Bolts as a dwarf last night. Definitely not worth it unless you just want to be frustrated with the sheer amount of people.

1 Like

I’ve heard multiple streamers who attended the secret blizz media event say they were told beta would be 2 months long, but nothing official has come out to my knowledge.

imagine how much worse it will be in Classic with no dynamic respawns.

Layering will fix a lot of the issues. That and having more than one server for tens of thousands of new players. Northshire Abbey was so bad i couldn’t tag a kobold as a paladin and they spawn literally every three secondsn

I literally did this last night, just skip the quest it isn’t needed to progress, at all. It is good practice for Classic launch, I am seeing which quests I can skip that are too time consuming, exactly like that one.

I am not speed leveling by any means, I just don’t want to be in the starting area standing around waiting for mobs to spawn when the game goes live. I’ll go grind some mobs, if I can find them.

Even with layering during the stress test, it was tough because they do not have that high of a re-spawn rate.

1 Like

I have a tauren druid in the thirties on Northdale and it doesn’t get any better as you go up. To make things worse it is enticing the long time northdale players who are fully geared out to camp low level zones. It’s like being in a traffic jam where every once in awhile a sherman tank rolls in.

1 Like

oh no, I assume the streams will die down quite rapidly unless the lvl 30 cap is lifted… at which point we’ll have 2-3 week of action, see a MC clear, then it will slow down.

Well… if you log on just to look at the map, you will get bored, thats for sure.

1 Like

I laughed way too hard at this, because it’s always what i think whenever i post :joy: No worries, no flaming from me.

On topic, i really hope the beta won’t be prolonged, and shut’s down at least about a month before release IF Blizzard is comfortable with that. It will definitely help people go into classic refreshed if they played in the beta, or watched a lot of beta streams!
If they don’t decide that, well… i’m gonna try my best not to spoil the fun.

1 Like

Hmmm…

It’s your prerogative to watch or not watch streams. Still, it begs the question, why you could possibly be “concerned”. Seem like a misplaced emotion.

FYI: In case you weren’t aware, Classic content is 15 years old. We certainly wouldn’t want any “spoilers”, from that long ago, would we?

Yeah, you are creating a problem for yourself, that doesn’t exist.

Don’t watch the streamers? I don’t find WOW Classic to be very compelling to watch. I like playing the game not watching someone else play it.

you realize there is like what 100 streamers of wow? maybe 25 popular ones. And there are alot more people than that on the beta right now.

No. Not flaming you or them. Just not watching them stream.

private servers the truly vanilla experience with no streamers and zoomers around

I don’t get the FOMO for beta. If you have something specific you want tested, ask and someone can try to help. If you just want the hype, to get into the groove, or to be surrounded by players waiting for Classic, then do the ‘poor man’s beta’ like many others. If you think your feedback specifically is what Blizzard needs, its probably not.

Gonna have to flame you. Just don’t watch the streams. Exercise self control, its the single best thing you can do to “not ruin” Classic.