Are we going to get fixes for Outlaw or is it just going to say silent?

At this point it’s just frustrating to be screwed over by RNG on RNG on RNG with boss mechanic RNG screwing over the one moment RNG wasn’t against you.

1 Like

Next expansion will fix it! See you all in beta!

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

1 Like

Veil of Midnight
passive
Cloak of shadows now also removes harmful physical effects and increases dodge chance by 100%
this is what it should say

• Veil of Midnight
    passive
    Cloak of shadows now also removes harmful physical effects and increases dodge chance by 100%
    problem solved for more than just outlaw but sub as well

Trying to play outlaw dealing with RNG, and BtE bugging on a spiteful week has almost made me put my keyboard through my ******* monitor.
Good game, Blizz. Good game…

2 Likes

Blizzard is rather quick to fix problems. It’s seeing the problem that takes the time. And Blizzard headquarters sits next to da Nile.

1 Like

This week is the worst. Stupid spiteful soaking up target caps and preventing from restealthing… My AR is constantly dropping off and I can’t open with bursts on a lot of pulls, grinding my DPS to a halt…

2 Likes

spiteful shouldn’t really impact your AR uptime. You can just tunnel into spiteful for more CDR while the tank heads to the next pack then grapple over.

Also keep in mind, in patchwerk sims the sims get 90%+ ar uptime while being in combat the entire fight (zero restealths).

Gotta hit the spirits :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s simply not true. Lots of scenarios where AR has a few seconds left where you could’ve prevent a drop-off by stealthing. Not being able to stealth also heavily impacts your CDR.

Lots of dungeons have paths where you have to run a bit between packs, or you have a small distance between packs where you usually have a second to stealth, except that now you’re still in combat with a spiteful and you can’t do anything.

It also often takes 5~10 seconds to kill a spiteful alone, which means the rest of the group is already much further ahead.

I didn’t get 3.3k RIO not knowing how to play Outlaw.

And as soon as you have forced downtime your AR uptime is instable and heavily relies on RNG. Think:

• Larodar
  • Smolderon
  • Nymue
  • Tindral
  • Fyrakk
  • a bunch of dungeon bosses

3.3k io yet doesnt understand spiteful is the best affix for outlaw

1 Like

You can keep denying that there are issues, that doesn’t make them go away.

At this point you’re just trolling people because you feel superior, and that’s good enough for a permanent mute for me :joy:

2 Likes

I could list the many points and reasons why spiteful is not a problem for outlaw, its actually beneficial.

But you probably wont listen because complaining is easier. You could learn a thing or 2.

1 Like

Well all the top IO EU outlaw rogues will agree that spiteful is a good affix for outlaw and shouldn’t reduce AR uptime (plenty of them get nearly 100% AR uptime even on spiteful weeks).

I don’t disagree with this, its just not related to spiteful.

1 Like

you cant say that. Spiteful is a horrible affix, anyone that says otherwise HAS to be trolling. The guy is 3.3k io Outlaw master, he CLEARLY knows what he’s talking about.

1 Like

Genuinely curious why they’re saying this.
Other than bladeflurry CP generation, I loathe this affix considerably more than any other affix bar storming and can’t personally think of any reason to enjoy it.
Almost impossible to restealth most of the time, nameplates are an absolute clusterf-, potentially wasting a GCD on a stun or having to dance around while avoiding potential frontals etc etc.

I’d genuinely kick myself if I’ve missing some kind of trick the whole time with this affix but the only real benefit I can think of is as I say, blade Flurry.

3 Likes

I often run into issues where my AR has like 5s left and I can’t restealth. Takes >5s for the next pack, takes >5s to kill the spiteful.

Whoever says it doesn’t have a major impact on their DPS is probably just getting carried anyway.

Well CP generation from BF is a very big deal since they are nearly all playing KiR build. Being able to “aoe” gen with Bf is a ~15k dps increase for KiR on its primary target, meaning spiteful lets you continue to funnel down the few remaining mobs at increased efficiency. You then keep hitting spiteful for cdr until its dead, vanish is off cd, or the tank pulls the next pack (and you grapple into it and start aoeing).

Keep in mind even in a 9 minute patchwerk sim, outlaw will still maintain 90%+ uptime on AR. Ar is only dropping if you are running in combat between packs not generating any cdr. If you can effectively hit the ghosts (which you should be able to) you can continue churning “aoe” amounts of cdr.

That plus the fact that we have evasion up every single pack due to cdr means we can almost ignore the downside melee face with spiteful (needing to not get melee’d) and mitigate the downsides of target count dropping off for BF generation.

As for the distracting part, I can agree with you abit but thats obviously not going to be a major problem for the top end players as they are already used to the specific mobs/frames they need to interrupt in packs.

I mean, your overalls should almost always be significantly higher on spiteful weeks just because it gives you far more targets to “aoe”. how effectively it actually increases your dps to non spiteful targets is probably much lower. But it certainly should not be gimping your DPS in anyway.

Keep in mind on the very top end, tanks are often chaining packs with packs at half hp even, preventing restealths anyway, so in this mode of pulling spiteful is literally just free aoe gen for the rogue since it wouldn’t be restealthing anyway (and they are still keeping 90%+ ar uptime doing this).

2 Likes

you are like the last person that should io card people lmao

1. Spiteful weeks means extra targets, you have extended opportunites to combo gen via deft maneuvers on bladeflurry. Bladeflurry is the most efficient cp builder with 5 targets up, it is press on cd.
  2. Outlaw gets alot of value from combo point cdr. Spiteful allows you to continue to generate and spend cp to reduce cds even after combat ends on a pack. People can call you out for dealing useless damage, but outlaw is probably one of the only specs that actually benefits from staying behind to kill spiteful.
  3. On matter of Restealthing. Its not impossible to restealth on spiteful weeks, unless you’re in top 0.1% group like Weran mentioned that chain pulls when packs are %50 hp, in those scenarios restealthing does not matter. You need to understand that you CAN restealth if you stay behind to finish off spiteful, even if your tank engages the next pack, because that won’t put YOU in combat if you have enough distance from the next pack. You restealth then easily catch up from a grapple + shadow step, gaining a subterfuge window and basically losing no uptime at all. The only time restealth don’t work is if tank pulls a boss or a special mob that does wide aoe which damage and puts you in combat.
  4. Evasion+acrobatic strikes makes spiteful a non-factor for rogues, even more for outlaw since you get cdr on evasion. If evasion is on cd, you can even kidney the spiteful chasing you. If no options available, take advantage of acrobatic strikes to dodge/kite around, avoiding frontals is a skill issue, just play better.
  5. Name plate cluster probably means you should find a better UI or nameplate mod. I recommend one that allows stacking nameplate like Elvui.

Anytime a rogue complains about spiteful is a really obvious tell that they’re inexperienced.

In that situation, you just continue to hit the spiteful until it dies and go for restealth, or just use vanish if its off cd and go next pack. Even if your ADR drops, it should literally be back up within a few gcds in the new pack. Just to give you an idea, on a raid boss in constant combat, my average cast between adr is anywhere from 25 to 45 seconds, and this is on single target without the cp efficiency of deft. Anything longer either means a mistake was made or get really really unlucky. Therefore in M+, if dropping adr hurts you that much, even with access to deft, it means you made alot of mistakes.

If you still think i’m just trolling or just some dude that’s getting carried. feel free to look me up.

3 Likes

Or you get one of those annoying priests who keeps life gripping you…

I don’t find my DPS noticeably lower or higher necessarily, but I think a lot of players might be looking at how fluffed the non-capped aoe classes are on the damage meters and it feels like they’re being gimped that week though maybe.

1 Like

I don’t play KiR because there are already so many things to track that I can’t track RtB without WA. It’s cool that people have the brainspace to track this, I don’t. Outlaw is already way more complicated than any other spec without keeping track of RtB manually, and this just inflates the skill ceiling more than it should.

Spitefuls are soaking up DPS so it’s a DPS loss whenever I hit a spiteful instead of an actual mob where DPS matters.

Chain pulling is completely different than having mini-intermissions where the tank has to either wait for a pull, or you have forced downtime because you you have to walk a bit. It shouldn’t require top 0.1% gameplay of tanks in order to be able to play your spec properly. Restealthing between packs where you have several seconds of no engagement for whatever reason is the problem. Think:

• Running up the stairs with rocks rolling down
  • Sections that are several seconds of pure running without mobs
  • Skips

When you have a pack that’s about to die, 1 spiteful spawns, keeps you in combat, next mob dies, spiteful dies, the following happens:

• party runs ahead to next pack
  • I can either stay behind and hope I kill the spiteful before AR runs out
  • Or chase the group and waste 5+ seconds of AR
  • Or waste a vanish

No other class has to deal with an increased complication of buff management and CDR because of this.

Considering AR is only 20s duration that means you’re wasting ~25% of this uptime between packs because you can’t play your spec as designed. Not only do you lose 25% of your buff, because you’re effectively not in combat you do not get CDR for that duration. On top of that you’re losing out on ~30s CDR because you don’t get a stealth and thus no crackshot window.

Not a single other spec is impacted this much by being kept in combat. Feral, sub, sin and healers are impacted to a degree, but not this much.

Your effective DPS is lower because Spiteful is soaking up your target cap.

It’s only normal that some specs are more complicated than others. Yet at this point the complexity is so much higher just to do similar DPS as other specs. You have to bend over backwards to compensate for certain fight designs and affixes while no other spec has to. It’s a design flaw that should’ve been addressed by now, either an acknowledgement that they are looking into, or simply fixes. yet we get nothing but radio silence.

Wait, scratch that, we got the rogue trickster tree, which doubles down on multiplicative complexity and poor design choices. I guess this shows that they have no idea where they want to go with rogue.

1 Like