Are We Fine With the Idea of Legacy Flying Being Removed in Future Content?

I have a hard time seeing this feature being used outside of or after this expansion is done.

9 Likes

the easy win for blizz here is to go forward with both ways of flight to please everyone

19 Likes

Sure, most people will use dragonriding since it is optimal but there’s no need to take away everyone’s druid flight form or old mounts.

14 Likes

I think Blizzard may expand the Dragonriding system into something more akin to “flight 2.0” in which the DF dragon mounts are just one of a few different types of mounts, with each having its own flight/movement characteristics.

So for example one might imagine that compared to a dragon, a dragonhawk or wind serpent mount might have better handling and longer airtime at the cost of slower acceleration due to how much more slender and light they are. Or a gyrocopter would be able to hover in place, but wouldn’t be able to move forward nearly as quickly.

Under that model we could have back most of what legacy flight offers, but it’d be split up between different mounts. In other words, we’d use different mounts for different activities much as we do with sets of gear and talent loadouts today.

6 Likes

Good for you buddy. I’d say hello to you in-game, but you’d just be a blur on my screen as I zoom past you while you ride your pathetic little grounded mount on the Isles.

2 Likes

If they want to refund everyone that has purchased flying mounts from the store, go for it. I’ll wait to see if that happens.

Would they be fine if I charged-back my legacy costs in wow? (of course not)

8 Likes

i shouldve noticed the level of your character. troll.

3 Likes

I love dragonriding. We got an entire expansion built with flying in mind and it really shows.

You just listed the issues of flying and i agree with blizzards stance - no more max level toons hovering above low level alts waiting to gank them - they dive right into the action or not. No more mass teams of druids multiboxing herb nodes. Able to go afk took all and every danger from the world - jump on your dragon and go find a nice safe perch to land on.

Dragonriding is better in every single aspect than regular flying, it makes it feel part of the world instead.

15 Likes

I’m clearly a Night Elf.

6 Likes

If they do remove legacy flying I hope they rework Druid flight forms so they arent just useable in outdated content.

1 Like

go hide in your cave in the forest then. or wood bridge

Replacing traditional WoW flying with Dragon Riding would change more of the game than travel speed. If GOGOGO is truly the new way forward for everything, then it’s no longer a game for me. I’d miss the hell out of it, but ya, I would start a new era in a different game.

12 Likes

theyd have to call it something else, but i can see it being a permanent feature after this, especially given the amount of time they put into it compared to other expac features.

No time for that. Too busy exploring the Isles at mach speed.

1 Like

I really enjoy Dragon riding and it’s a ton of fun once you get used to it and unlock the full glyph tree.

However, there are times when you might want to use standard flying. Being able to hover above a certain spot and have more control in short distances makes standard flying rule out over dragon riding for me.

So, no. Keep standard flying but continue to expand upon dragon riding in the future.

9 Likes

im doing the same.

once they unlock regular flying , im saying good riddance to the dragon flying

11 Likes

Worst opinion in the whole thread…

24 Likes

It would be a tough thing to quit. I’m not going to lie, I love the dragon flying. I’d love to see it in further expansions. For past expansions, it would be horrible.

They should just have both in the future, however dragonriding is much much better and more fun so I wouldn’t mind much if it were to replace flying.

An opinion shared by many people, as displayed in this thread.

I’m sorry your personal opinion on dragonriding isn’t the popular one.

1 Like