Are Warlocks Succubus being removed?

It’s humans that are planted. Gnomes are punted.

Trust me, I know such things. I worked in the Sludge Fields.

Just don’t ask me how Baby Dwarves are born. You don’t need the visual.

Some of the changes/removals are for the best given what has come to light via the lawsuit, but i suspect there will be a number of things that get caught up in it that probably shouldnt

Hopefully our succubi are not one of those things

None of which is sexist.

Male or female, she acts and reacts the exact same way.

Is t it sexist to assume stuff about the succubus? Maybe she wants to dress like that? Maybe she likes the warlock?

Would you be asking these questions if it were a male demon?

Huh? Where is the outrage for the other demons? Why only the succubus?

Seems pretty sexist to assume that this demon suddenly isn’t comfortable with her arrangement because she’s a woman. So she clearly needs saving. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

correct. so i dont think its about sexism, i think its kink. i dont use her but thats a personal choice cause i’m not into kink and i’m also trying to present a fairly boring persona, since i’m old and not on the market. appearances, ya know.

Again the outfit is very 90s Madonna, which is frankly an outdated reference

I think thematically it makes more sense to have them be in a more proper BDSM outfit (e.g. Mordsith art from the Sword of Truth series, maybe)

I want my damn incubus though, similarly dressed

But the truth is a lot of WoW is the product of reckless white guys in the 90s. See: Shivarra, multi-armed demon priestesses who are hyper-sexual that are a clear reference to the Hindu God Shiva, but as a woman and a demon.

What’s funny is that multi-armed demons/bad beings are common in many mythologies, e.g. the Hecatoncheries or the Gegenees or the Zoroastrain Devas in some depictions.

But a lot of you arguing about this don’t know Warlock Lore and don’t know the IRL inspiration so I am posting my explanations yet again:

Support warlock stables!

3 Likes

excellent write up and ancient lore is one of my interests, so i recognized the older references like lilith!

1 Like

pretty sure its to appease china under the guise of protecting women. bliz take the cake for two faced slime bags.

I think we are misunderstanding each other.

Her inclusion in the game is sexist, given everything about her is designed for men and she has no male counterpart for women.

None of which has anything to do with the ‘kink’ factor.

Before this hullabaloo, putting in an Incubus with the same hyper-sexualized slave theme would have evened the scales. Unfortunately, now that everyone knows the misogynist mindset she grew out of, that will not be enough and she will be removed (and I will never get my Incubus!!!).

keyword demon - aka not human

it doesnt care about your human standards and it shouldnt :wink:

a succubus aint very demonic if it takes time to put on a decent shirt and pants to appease mere mortals lol

2 Likes

Succubi predate every abuser in Blizzard by approximately by 3000 years in terms of the original/oldest genealogy root of the myth, and by 500 years in terms of the word succubus itself.

Non sequitur.

Incubi should be included.

3 Likes

Someone has been reading their Sumerian mythology.

They should have been included from the beginning.

Now it is too late.

It isn’t, your entire argument is empty of any historical truth, my only suggestion is that the 90s Madonna basis of the succubus’s outfit could/should be replaced with a proper BDSM outfit (that IRL isn’t a corset and bracelets).

1 Like
  1. what about for non-binary and lesbians? you saying they wouldnt like her the way a guy would?
  2. kink is kink.
  3. if ya want a male equiv, ask for that and not the removal of her. some guys would like the male equiv as well.

personally, i’m really not a fan of the whole lock persona, so its not that much of potential loss for me if they are removed or changed, but i just dont appreciate all the censoring of females in game. i tend to only use my blueberry and think of it like an everquest mage elemental. dark/evil classes dont float my boat.

If this is something you don’t like, then go play animal crossing or minecraft and stay a child forever.

2 Likes

But we are not discussing historical truth.

We are discussing a fantasy version of Succubi whose specific design and function grew out of a misogynist mindset of a company that is now being taken to court for their sexist practises.

So neither of us are getting that Incubus.

Delete all female models from WoW.

The PAINTINGS… OBJ…ugh…cough…Objectifying.

Delete ALL female models.>!

1 Like

That is literally just a copy of Early Modern Succubi with a corset.

Non sequitur

No.

I am saying that is not who she was designed for. Or by.

Which is still not sexist in of itself.

Not now. Too many posters have demonstrated why she need to be removed.

My worgen warlock uses the felguard, has nicknamed him Doggo and treats him like a beloved pet.

We worry about her.

Please point me to all these Early Modern texts that have warlocks enslaving succubi and then forcing them to assist in openly killing other people.