Are Void Elves really High Elves?

Quarantine zone. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

90% of the High elves died, in response the call went out for all elves to return home. 90% of the survivors became blood elves. If you have keen math skills you’ll note that it leaves 1% of the original population who refused the call home and didn’t rename to blood elves. Which is fitting because their story was largely about them being the callous aristocracy (the 1%ers) who considered themselves above the plight of their people, but that kind of bounced off the foreheads of “elf fans” who just want pretty elf on good guy side plox.

1 Like

The real question is, do two Void Elves that reproduce end up with a Void Elf child, or a non-void infused child? Questions, questions…

Void elves are 100% high elves. So are blood elves. Regardless of customization.

1 Like

If the child is infused by the Void, the question arises whether it would even survive if it constantly hears voices in its head…

So there is nothing new to spam about, we are revisiting the classics?

2 Likes

This is better than the “bring the war back to warcraft” threads.

4 Likes

BuT MuH FaCTiOn PRiDe! :sob:

3 Likes

Elves is elves though, whichever model they use is the one they are most like. Blood elves are high elves and void elves are blood elves which are high elves.

Am I doing it wrong?

I just wish void elves could be pallies man.

I miss stormwind so much :cry:!

2 Likes

I was hoping that HMT would be neutral… and they should have been neutral! I want my Tauren in the Alliance, but as long as the devs think that race defines loyalty instead of values and that race division is an awesome foundation for a game… :confused:

1 Like

Soon, brother

2 Likes

Short answer, yes they are high elves. So are blood elves.

High elves → blood elves → void elves.
Basically how they transitioned over time.

i dont hear voi….shut up i’m not talking to you…voices in my hea…shut.up!.…head. my apologies for the interruptions

2 Likes

If Blood Elves are High Elves then Void Elves have to be High Elves too.

Well if you go back far enough on Earth we are all descended from one man and one woman. That’s the one place where religion and science agree. It’s just that the science take has the two living 150 thousand to 200 thousand years ago and they could have been as much as 1000 years apart with one being descened from the other.

However races developed from different evolution paths. That could not happen with three sisters.

Your backing up my point so it’s unlikely I will be saying differently.

Yep. Mostly a distinction without a difference. Just a group of people are hung up on “pure high elves” in the Alliance. Where they’re essentially non existent both in numbers and culture wise and also there are more half elves than pure High elves in the Alliance . At least according to lore.

Void Elves are exiled Blood Elves.

High Elves should be the Allied Race in Midnight.

They work as Alliance and Blood Elves are accepting High Elves nowadays.

Though Blood Elves won’t grant citizenship and a home in Silvermoon unless those High Elves betray the Alliance and convert to Blood Elves.

3 Likes

Well, more existent in both than void elves, which has always kinda been my sticking point with them. Any argument against playable high elves would count double against what we wound up getting instead. But you can’t change history, so ah well. We’re stuck with them now.

I would definitely question that assertion. I’m only aware of three canonical half elves: Alleria’s kid and Vereesa’s twins. If there’s an official reference to more, I’d love to hear about it.

3 Likes