Are Trolls originally old god creations?

No, the ‘bias’ is that the person who is recording the history in the chronicles, the one who actually wrote that record, is writing from the perspective of Order being good and the Titans being the most important and prominent force in shaping Azeroth.

At no point is there a conversation with a Titan saying explicitly to someone where Trolls come from or how they were made.

So a chronicle written by someone biased towards the forces of Life, or even Death, might have a more complete idea of where and how Trolls originated - and it may not have as much to do with the Titans as we have been lead to believe.

2 Likes

Well until we get contrary evidence, bringing up headcanon is just that.

Whose head cannon are we talking about? I’m only relating a possibility that Blizzard themselves have presented by introducing the Grimoire of the Shadowlands and Beyond.

I’m not saying such evidence will exist in that book, but Blizzard has raised the possibility of competing views on the nature of existence and its origins in the Warcraft universe.

1 Like

Whoever mentioned ‘from the titan’s view’ originally that I was talking to when you replied to me.

He does that a lot.

Given that we have examples of elementals evolving into more ‘organic’ forms in the proto-drakes (And the modern dragons, gryphons, and wyverns through that shared ancestry), there is little reasons to believe other species may have followed suit.

Trolls have been billed as Azeroth’s oldest native race for years now, but Sen’jin does muse on what Trolls were before becoming ‘Trolls’. It wouldn’t be out of place to follow that logic and reveal that they descended from the elementals and were morphed into their current forms through exposure from the Well of Eternity. Ironically, Sen’jin does point out that Trolls may one day call themselves something else entirely, ignoring that that’s what Elves are.

9 Likes

I like to imagine trolls are an evolution of dinosaurs or something dinosaur-adjacent into mammals, given their affinity to them, the dew claw-esque heel toe, and the dermal-plate-like patches on Zandalari.
Edit: Also regeneration and the regenerative features of some reptiles.

7 Likes

We know other species evolved in the same way though. It is straight out of Chronicles 1. That’s were my idea comes from.

Trolls are probably Titan constructs just like almost everything else:

Prize to first real native Azeroth species might go to the Tauren, though.

Wouldn’t it be Elementals?

Yes, Elementals definitely first.

For some reason first biological race seems important to people.

Or more closely related to Dragons/proto-drakes.
Would be interesting if Trolls originated in Un’Goro. It seams to have a close relation to the Titans, Elementals, Dinosaurs and Old God corruption. So it could go any direction.

Maybe even tie in Aru-Talis as actually the first Troll civilization there.

For some reason, “first” means “legitimate” in some people’s minds; that somehow, if something came “first” it has more rights to something (Azeroth, in this case or at least the lands upon it) or that they’re more “natural” then everyone else (even if only slightly). Like it means something, that they more “special.”

This probably might be the case as Trolls first came out from areas like Un’goro Crater etc with help from the Well of Eternity doing what it did by accelerating evolution.

It is my headcanon that Eredar evolved from Talbuks that encountered Arginite. :stuck_out_tongue:

But since Chronicles does say that the trolls came to be due to the magics of the well of eternity, I would say that they are native and indirect creations of the Titans. Like how Ogres and Orcs are as they were descended from Grond, whom was created by Aggramar. Wait, does that mean that blizzard was hinting a connection between orcs and the titans since Cata with Aggra? Just remove the mar from Aggramar and who do you get :stuck_out_tongue: I know in WoD they placed some references to the connection (at least with respect to Ogres) with Mar’gok claiming that Ogres were created directly from the “creators”, along with titan artifacts we found in AU Draenor.

1 Like

I’m a fan of the idea that Trolls are descendants of some sort of life based entity.

Maybe like some kind of wild god thingy that popped up

I gave you the links of what trolls are from Chronicles.

No they aren’t Titan constructs.

Not sure how you came up with Un’goro. In Vol’jin Shadows of the Horde it’s mentioned the first one crawled out of mud (perhaps aquatic at first). It’s an older source though.

1 Like

I said areas like Un’goro, not Un’goro specifically. And from Chronicles, most life on Azeroth following the Ordering came from areas like those. Which were basically Freya’s experimental pitri dishes.

Could be worse.

Just remember:

Dwarves and Gnomes are just void-cursed beings twisted from originally designed constructs. Humans are the malformed children of stunted and weak, void-cursed constructs.

Trolls may be an accident, but those three were intentionally warped into being evil. Remember to thank daddy Yogg on the way out.

1 Like

Yeah, or Quilboar. Something descended from an ancient.

Or maybe one of the bug races. Where in the timeline does Old Gods leaking meet up with ancients producing smaller mortal off shoots?

We’ll probably never know what was lost during the Sundering. The Origins of the Trolls could be lost forever under the tides.

Although, in BfA when we found out Zandalar was built on a Titan facility, it would of been a perfect time to introduce a connection there.

Although, looking at a troll character right now, it occurs to me there’s a similarity to Murlocs… Makes you think.

That’s fair.

This would have been horrible. The Titan facilities in Zandalar were bad enough already.

Don’t forget, Zandalari were the older Troll form. :wink: