Are these Dead Threads on the Community Council? - Prosident Threads EX CC Member

Wait what? I’ve seen many people in the past rage about that. Having to drag their 49 alts to the new min level to be eligible to get the mount to drop.

WoW killed some MMORPG because it changed the meta, then WoW keep changing sometime for better other for worse, but it keeps changing. NoW the genre is on a renaissance with several new MMORPG and old ones gaining playerbase due to WoW issues.

You should provide your feedback too, the only argument that some players have for FOMO or low % time sinks, “I went through this suffering, so you too” or “you missed because you didn’t play at that moment”, Blizzard show with MT that they can keep content relevant.

n the CC council, we must level up alts again since patch 7.3.5 each expa, also we face the 10 instance lockout issue for a drop 1/3333 on which an account with 50 character can only do 750 attempts per year.

1 Like

Only every MMORPG that has ever existed.

You don’t actually play FFXIV, do you?

You don’t actually play any of those games, do you?

1 Like

WoW was originally advertised as the casual friendly MMORPG against it’s hardcore competition at the time. Why was that direction lost? I’d argue WoW is more hardcore right now than some of those older MMOs.

2 Likes

Yes I’m aware of the those lockouts. That’s not what I was talking about though.

Timing makes a difference in the level of outcry as well. If an event is only a couple months after the launch of an xpac, then there will be a lot of screaming about having to get alts leveled up in such a short amount of time to become eligible. Not so much of an issue a year into the expansion, but it is an issue nonetheless, just “less important” at the time.

The way players can help mitigate this problem is to keep alts max-leveled in a current expansion so there isn’t a rush-rush to level once a new xpac launches, but I’ll agree regardless that it’s still a major pain to have the goalposts keep moving.

I’m especially concerned about what happens with Mage Tower timewalking in 10.0 - will we be expected to push our alts level again just to access the same content that we can now (which is the same issue with holidays)?

3 Likes

I’ll skip you, we already talked about some of this topics on other thread and i already know your arguments.

BTW, i did a little bit and it provided a better experience for a free trial another point that WoW could improve, it allows me to gain holiday’s items like mounts with some timesinks but deterministic ones, questlines, solo challenges…among other things that WoW could take on consideration.

It is casual friendly. You wouldn’t make it very far in WoW predecessors. This is casual buddy. That’s why I am saying you are in the wrong genre. Find a new game.

You are essentially wanting to buy a Porsche but need to also be able to tow something. Now you are wanting Porsche to change so you can have the Porsche but get what you want out of it. You need a truck. Go find a truck.

“A little bit” probably isn’t enough to make a meaningful comparison. The truth is FFXIV has many time sinks, some of which exceed ANYTHING in WoW. And they, of course, have time sensitive items, like most recently, the car mount, which the devs said is NEVER coming back.

So yes, EVERY MMORPG has time sinks and time sensitive rewards. Even the other ones you listed.

1 Like

Sometimes I feel like I am in a parallel universe when these people don’t understand this concept.

And all of this FOMO talk. There are so many things I wish I had that no longer exist but I don’t whine about them 24/7 on the forums. I just realize I missed out and I’ll try for the next one.

Is it? Are we playing the same game? lol

When you keep adding more convoluted systems one after the other, when you skewer gear so much that it only stays relevant in current patch, when you keep increasing the barrier of entry into the content you want people to do, when you design grind loops that are based around FOMO and insanely long grind sessions, that you have to repeat on alts, is not casual friendly at all.

No, I’m not claiming that any and all grind should be removed, what I’m suggesting is that lowering barriers of entry and creating systems and grinds that respect the time you invested should be a nr1 priority for a supposedly casual MMO.

Edit: keep in mind that I spend tons of time in this game. I love WoW. I’ve been playing it since 2008, and I have spent 40k hours playing this game.

People just haven’t played other MMORPGs. There’s nothing wrong with that, but if you aren’t that experienced in the genre, you probably shouldn’t be trying to define it.

Then what is the problem? 40,000 hours and you should be one of the best players on the planet in all content man.

I got that Car mount, it was a really nice questline, solo challenge against FFXV Garuda, i could get it with a free trial account.

I don’t know about that NEVER comming back, because they keep bringing events several times as per my friend that are playing end content told me and Devs listen to players and with new players they keep using this events as a tacting to engage them even on free trial you can get those rewards, i got a bear too and the umbreall from anniversary.

Also, there’s rewards from events that they add to the store, that’s another business model but they try to keep things obtainable in game.

PS: I’m taking the leveling process at my own rythm, i stopped because they block free trials and i won’t pay for another MMORPG sub base while i need to level up 30 alts to 50 for love is in the air, 6 remain.

That the game sucks (in a lot of ways, not so much in others). Refer to my posts in the Council for further info.

I’d love to see a source for this, especially considering the car mount was previously unobtainable and brought back for the recent event.

2 Likes

Find a new game. I keep telling you this isn’t your genre. Now you are telling me it isn’t your genre. How much more evidence do you need? I can see your struggle, 40k hours in and you haven’t figured it out. Take a step back fella.

pepega copium

Peak zoomer speak.

Also, i don’t see FOMO around their questline since FF as a franchise its really focus on their story telling compared to Blizzard and since they hear the playerbase, i think they will bring events frequently or add those to store because that’s their business model.