Are these Dead Threads on the Community Council? - Prosident Threads EX CC Member

Find a new game. I keep telling you this isn’t your genre. Now you are telling me it isn’t your genre. How much more evidence do you need? I can see your struggle, 40k hours in and you haven’t figured it out. Take a step back fella.

pepega copium

Peak zoomer speak.

Also, i don’t see FOMO around their questline since FF as a franchise its really focus on their story telling compared to Blizzard and since they hear the playerbase, i think they will bring events frequently or add those to store because that’s their business model.

There are some things you could consider FOMO, such as the Butterfingers mount from last year. But, I haven’t kept up with their store to see if it was added, and I know they have a history of adding things to the store they otherwise remove from the game, so that people can still get the item if they want it.

I wouldn’t say they’ve eliminated FOMO from their game, but they make it far more tolerable by constantly bringing things back into the game and/or putting things onto the store.

True that could be compared to TCG because it’s not depending on your actualy gameplay.

They’ve a better approach with their playerbase, there’s another mind set there around show off a lot of people here doesn’t want increase drop rates,bad luck or other QoL because they’ll lose something to show off, while on FFXIV playerbase show off challenging content completed and their rewards not low drops and FOMO.

I mean both are not related to gameplay but more about swipe the credit card approach.

Also i checked and when they announced the Regalia comming back, they didn’t promote it like “last time this event will show” like Bloomsday said, compared to Blizzard that they put that kind of message when they’re going to remove something.

I’m not sure that’s a fair comparison. You can still buy Blizzcon/TCG items online. Are Butterfinger mount codes being sold online as well? If so then it’d be a fair comparison.

This thread isn’t just about FOMO, and I wasn’t going to say anything else until a person came after me. How do people feel about this idea?

Scaling old raids with Timewalking and letting you run them any time at max level for rewards is an idea I’ve heard a couple of times. I am not sure about how balanced it would be.

I’d figure they may bring back the car and hairstyle/outfit to the store eventually. I highly doubt they will bring back the event itself ever again though, especially once FFXVI comes out; they’d probably just make a new crossover for that game instead

Optional timewalking should be a thing, and Zidormi should be used throughout all of Azeroth so the pre-Cataclysm world can be played. There’s a lot of old story/quests players can no longer do.

And I’ll preemptively state that my Loremaster achievement is from pre-Cata, before someone with a snide “YOU SHOULD’VE PLAYED IT THEN!” comment is posted.

1 Like

Even if they don’t bring the event itself back again, if they bring the removed rewards back in some manner, that’s still far, far more tolerable and respectful of players than the current 'YOU WEREN’T THERE!!!" mentality that Blizzard (and several forum elitists) have.

2 Likes

If i were playing FFXIV constantly, i’ll go against the store approach compared to in gameplay but at least their approach keeps player in mind, there’s players that won’t be available during that period of time…etc thinngs that Blizzard doesn’t consider.

Just imagine, you had a bad accident and lost the 15 days for the Deathwing Anniversary mount, it’s a posibility that maybe some players due to external factors coulnd’t get time for a reward. (comming comment “you don’t need everything in life” when this is a game.

Yup! And the elitist response to those players has historically been “sorry life happens” or “not Blizzard’s problem” or “I was there and you weren’t!” or “you snooze you lose” etc.

There was even someone who said they were taking bullets in the Middle East at the time of an event (I can’t recall specifically which one unfortunately), and they were met with “That was your choice”.

Then people wonder why this community is in such a terrible shape. :clown_face:

1 Like

I agree I would like something. Activision/Blizzard have long stop caring about balance. Or they would fix things like PVP gear, M+ and so on. Maybe Microsoft buying Activision will fix a lot of the problems, like dev’s hatred of their players.

1 Like

This thread is one big pillow fight… I cant tell who is attacking who and who is next to take the 12-pound-king-down-filled to the face. :popcorn:

:laughing:

2 Likes

I am generally in agreement with your posts, but I would push back on this a little on the issue of time-sensitive rewards. Partly though, it’s because people are mixing in different categories of time-sensitive rewards.

There’s a tiny group on the forums often hitching criticism of time-sensitive rewards for major, expansion or tier-long tasks (like the Mage Tower) with criticism of designs for minor, non-unique rewards (often relevant to power) that incentivize logging in at very regular short-term intervals to go through a checklist of minor tasks (callings, world quests, the vault), which definitely fuel burnout and which WoW fell too hard into.

Too many of those people post with the phrase “FOMO” to describe anything that has any time-limitation element to it, so it’s becoming a useless phrase. Time sensitivity in day-to-day playing is a major area of deep discussion for what ails the game, which I think is pretty well reflected in what drives people away. It’s a pretty common topic for streamers for that reason.

Time sensitivity in terms of expansion-specific (or season-specific) content and rewards isn’t something I think many people see as a problem. It’s such a common feature of any major persistent multiplayer game, whether MMORPG or otherwise. And it’s a pretty reasonable tool for a game that uses a subscription model. It’s also been around since Vanilla, which has one of the most famous examples of it with the Gates of AQ event and the black qiraji mount (not to mention the unique title). On the PvP side, a unique seasonal reward has been around since TBC with gladiator mounts, and later, elite PvP transmogs.

From my POV, it depends on a skill level both PVE/PVP, it’s not the same Gladiator that it’s impacted by changes each season compared to other aspects, also pve mounts like AOTC since WoD are a similar skill reward for completing at least heroic, however Blizzard could remain all raids with a similar difficulty even if that’s not longer current content just like what they did for Mage Tower and keep those AOTC mounts there, so new players could create Cores and clear Hero/Mythic for those raids, maybe even keeping some rare drops with a better % due to the fights being a challenge and just add a Feat of Streght as a record for the players that did it during that time.

Other example around your comment is the Deathwing Anniversary mount, that one didn’t need skill at all, just being during that event, there’s players that will defend that reward due to its representation of 10 years, however i think some rewards like that could remain in the game.

Right now Mythic mounts are not longer consider a form to show off your skill, because the % changes from 100 to 1-2% which means that ones that content becomes meaningless, you can’t difference players that farm that mount with 50 characters from players that did it as a challenge without checking achievements, they could keep 100% drop and do a difficulty like MT instead, we could see less mounts and more REAL prestige.

At least from my POV, PvE could be evergreen content with a challenge compared to PvP that changes constantly and it’s attached to a season, you can’t go and do timewalking arenas with corruption active and try to push Gladiator for BFA 8.3 haha that could be really weird instersting idea.

The Deathwing mount was eventually put on the Black Market Auction House, if you didn’t know, though it’s pretty hard to get things from there.

I know that and i’ve it, however the BMAH has some issues as a bad luck mechanic for players that missed this event, the ratio on which items appear there is low, boosting communities behind, at least for me it doesn’t feel like an Aution at all due to wow token.

it doesn’t provide a market with in game only currency, i could notice an item that i want and buy so many tokens and just gold cap.

1 Like

Yeah but his opinion carries as much weight as anyone elses (NONE) so he is largely ignorable. You don’t even have to manually ignore him. You can just choose to look past him.

3 Likes