Are there forum mods?

That is your certainly your opinion, Jalanili, but I don’t see a clear intent to be harmful or that their suggestions are in bad faith. That is the trouble, we can’t know without evidence indicating that. We have to justify our actions, you don’t.

It is giving people an opportunity to voice some things, I wouldn’t necessarily say that some of what they may voice doesn’t quite violate forum rules. I know a number of comments that I’ve seen throughout several threads that have and they were penalized accordingly.

I would argue that many of those same people would feel that way regardless of the number of threads that may be made, unless that number were zero.

There are a lot of threads that cover the same or similar subject that exist at the same time. That doesn’t generally run contrary to our policies and isn’t necessarily considered spam. If the number of threads seems to be impeding normal forum discussion then our Community Management and Moderation teams may decide to consolidate those threads into one or more central thread. That tends to happen when one subject monopolizes the majority of threads. We’re not even remotely close to that.

I’m sorry, but simply because there are people out there who may disagree with a topic, doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t allow the discussion of the topic. The topic of diversity and inclusion, character options and any number of similar subjects is a valid one. We’re not going to silence that feedback because some people are tired of the discussion or because some may feel that the persons requesting it is being disingenuous.

I would say, focus on reporting the individual posts that are disruptive, those that derail any productive discussion. If the subject of the thread is valid feedback/suggestion, then anything that attempts to disrupt that discussion would be what is trolling.

When one can actually verify the difference.

I understand that it is hard to have a good discussion on a lot of this, as we are not really able to draw attention to specific examples. There is simply no way I can provide specifics on what I can see, and where I see a lot of the confusion may be.

From the point of view of moderation, we simply cannot assume motivation in most of these cases. We look at the thread itself.

Is what is posted a viable suggestion or bit of feedback that doesn’t contain any language/subject matter that is inappropriate? Does that person have a right to express that feedback?

Maybe if these threads weren’t reported into oblivion, completely derailed, or the OP accused of being a troll, they might feel that a productive discussion is being maintained and therefore they don’t need to create a new one. I don’t know, I haven’t encountered one that hasn’t yet.

It is also likely true, that until they see their feedback/suggestions implemented into the game that they feel they need to continue to make their voice heard, especially in spite of those who continually try to silence it.

I feel any further dialog will not really be possible given the limitations on specifics I will be able to talk about when it comes to others so I’m going to lock this one up. I just wanted to try to provide some insight where I could. Thanks, all!

17 Likes