Are the DF talent trees just an illusion of choice?

There will infact be a “BEST” tree for M+, raiding, and pvp. Anything out of that will be low DPS.

They are still work in progress so it may change tough. They said the diamond one will be removed so I guess they will be baseline. Might be the case for Interupt too. Or at least it should be from my point of view.

But also having them in talent is nice in the sense the healer who dont really have one may decide to go and get one also

1 Like

I think so too. I just went to look what the original poster meant by it. I’m excited to play around with these trees.

The couple of pre-filled/pre-selected ones aren’t what I’m talking about. I’m talking about needing to spend points to get basic abilities.
Maybe they will unlock automatically and not require spending points on, but it seems odd to have an ability that is currently just ‘activated’ when you hit, say level 15 for example, and it would require spending a point on to activate in the sample tree they showed.

They have shown the sprinkled in borrowed power ability convoke in the tree they shared an image of. That’s not the thing I’m referring to.
Like I said, if you’re leveling a character and hit level 15 you will automatically unlock ‘Ability A’. All they will do by putting those types of abilities on a tree is turn it into a longer, manual process of you now needing to spend a point to unlock that same ability.
IE, it’d be a nonsense change to take an automatic feature and make it manual for the sake of change.

That would definitely make more sense, especially for specs that would normally have interrupt by default.
If they want to have it as an option for Resto, that could be cool though.

But where does that say that your interrupt is going to be there? And if it’s an auto unlock like you see in your spellbook, which then gives you a tree to build off of, what’s the issue?

Well they said the first 2 are unlocked at lvl 10 for free. In case of Resto its reju/Swiftmend

Balance starfire/Sunfire
Feral Rake/Maul
Bear Frenzy regen/Maul

So at least you get 2 free but then its similar to when you level up.

What I like is you can dispose of useless ability for the sake of usefull one or good passive related to it. And from the picture what I think it is (Its just my assumption from a picture might mean nothing) the passive traits seem to buff 1 particular abilities (the one with an icons) so its not like in vanilla where its a general 1% buff on dmg. I think its more like Legion weapon but you can choose the patch that interest you instead of having them all. But there is also more choice avalaible

The image quite literally shows skull bash on the tree. Check Clarks image above. (Can’t share images sorry)

Yeah but skull is usually a Feral/Bear ability so it make sense to be in the path of feral/bear so they most likely gonna clic on it either way more than going into the resto/balance path of the spec tree. Meawhile if a resto who like to do PvP as cat also has high chance to pick few Feral ability.

I do like the talent cause it give choice. Like there many abilty i dont even use as resto druid cause i dont really use feral/bear form either way so I dont care for these particular spell.

But also the exagone are a chosen spells so we also dont know what the choices are and how many option there is to pick by exagone. So maybe you could have your interupt there instead of going into a different path

1 Like

Well, for M+ you might want to go down on the Class tree and get Skull Bash as a boomkin… but is it worth it? Idk if you can shapeshift and insta-charge and get the interrupt off, off the gcd all of that.

You can chose something extra to have as a boomkin that may be worth more.
In the end it might be an interesting choice of what you give up for what you’re getting.

Even if it’s an interrupt, it still is designed to work better for cats and bears than for boomkin in this case. Due to it having the bear/cat requirement and 13 yards range.
But i may be wrong, i don’t really play druid, so i’m just going off what the tooltips say.

There is no choice lol.

Wowhead will post the talent tree for single target and aoe which sims the highest.

And that “quite literally” doesn’t mean you’re unlocking the ability itself. It could be a buff to it or it could be an auto unlock.

So I ask again: if it’s an auto unlock like you see in your spellbook, which then gives you a tree to build off of, what’s the issue?

Actually it does.

Cause Square Icon are Abilities / Circle are Passive / while hexagone are a choices of either abilties of passives. But we dont know what the list might be choosing between 2 5 or even more.

Like maybe the charge could of been skull also for all we know

whats a ‘basic’ ability? they stop being basic if they become talents.

this is good. it prevents bloatware.

you are asking for logic in a system that has none.

1 Like

You’re making an assumption. And again, even if it is an auto unlock, who cares? The talent tree builds off of things.

I dont. They stated in their interviews that square are abilties / Circles are passive and hexagones are a choices and you can pick either.

The auto unlock is for the 2 first ability but they will be related to your spec.

I really dont. I love the new talent

I don’t want to be that guy but I kind of have to be that guy in case you genuinely don’t know

hexagon

1 Like

You’re still ignoring what I’m saying.

There is choice for the utility stuff.

Just because wowhead/icyveins might say the cookie cutter build is XYZ, you might still go XAZ due to what you think is worth more.

Tell me, which is better for raiding atm: Selfless Healer or Healing Hands?
They both have cons/pros.

Selfless healer = free heal every 4 finishers.
Healing Hands = oh-crap heal if you’re low it heals more, but costs holy power.

Gameplay:
Selfless Healer is used to keep yourself topped off.
Healing Hands is for oh-crap moments and might save your butt in a pinch.

I see Healing Hands recommended more often, but guess what, there’s more value in topping yourself after a spike in damage when you have the gcd free or are out of range.

In case of an oh-crap moment, you can do Selfless Healer free Flash of Light and then use WoG anyway, you’ll equal or surpass a buffed Word of Glory by Healing Hands.

Haha thanks. My brains a bit zone out and my french to english is a bit more off than usual

2 Likes