Are the DF dungeons the worst dungeons in modern WoW?

For me, it’s a toss up between Cata and SL for worst dungeons in WOW. And for Cata, I mean the ones that were brand new and not the revamped Classic dungeons.

Nah, those dungeons are terrible slogs that no one likes having to run. They were never fun, they were tedious and too many were pointless asset flips for the sake of padding out a final count.

Neltharus has an amazing aesthetic I think, same with AV.

The rest are honestly pretty meh. Brackenhide’s vibe is kinda cool too I guess.

Just out of nostalgia nothing will ever beat WoTLK dungeons for me. Halls of Lightning and Utgarde Keep are just iconic to me and my WoW memories.

People love to talk about dungeon numbers in tbc… meanwhile it was the same few dungeons repeated with different mobs and a slightly different layout

This coming from the person who claimed people begged to stay in Legion content. :roll_eyes:

They’re some of the best dungeons in a long time. Your comment is subjective, just like mine.

1 Like

That says a lot about SoD bosses.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of these dungeons. However, I’ll still grind em out. I probably won’t on all of my toons though since it’s the last season and I am not a fan of DF dungeons.

Last season was definitely more PUG friendly. This season has started off rough with PUGS. Tanks standing in cone aoes, DPS not interrupting anything. Some mobs in Brackenhide are bugged making it tougher.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of these dungeons either but I will run them.

For me I don’t like the outdoor dungeons at all they don’t feel like a dungeon to me. Especially zones that mimic a large segment of an existing zone. It feels cheap and lazy and the non-linear aspects of them while good for M+ MDI are a bane for PUGs where predictable routes are non-existent.

As for the OP about the buffet of visual effects and a bazillion abilities to counter on each trash pack. I’m not sure it’s that bad but, it is that bad because players have pushed and pushed and pushed the envelope to faster bigger pulls. AOE everything. Everything else be damned. Blizzard has designed classes over the years for better AOE abilities and muted to need for single target for the most part. Even when you need to focus down a target, your still doing cleave off that target. When is the last time you saw a crowd control ability used for more than a “Stop”. I mean you sheep something and you leave it off to the side for later.

I’d really like to see more of that style of gameplay brought back and rewarded.

Having custom nameplates that are intelligent in terms of letting you know what is and is not important to kick or CC is almost required these days - it’s fine but it’s also solved which means I expect blizzard to escalate sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Having mobs in a trash pack that require long term hard CC seems almost impossible to achieve outside of something super gimmicky.

Aoe is always more efficient, so the danger level of the mob would need to be extremely high to warrant a long term hard CC and focus fire. Back in vanilla/TBC it was mostly due to lack of aoe threat and/or very high mob auto attack damage on the tank. Neither of those really applied in retail, and I don’t think they can really work (especially very high auto attack damage) in an infinite scaling system when tanks have so much self sustain. Raid boss auto attacks don’t threaten tanks much less a trash mob.

1 Like

brackenhide is nice, except for the massive massive amount of poison bs near the end. Ummmm life pools at least makes the mythic weekly fast and easy…

other than that, yeah, AWFUL dungeons with either annoying or tedious designs =/

I wouldn’t say that DF dungeons are the worst. I like some of them like Brackenhide and RLP. Those dungeons are just fun, RLP is freakin’ gorgeous to top it off. Some of them I’d completely forgotten existed though, like Azure Vault and Neltharus. They just aren’t memorable to me at all.

1 Like

I find them quite fun, but usually it’s the other random players that ruin it.

1 Like

I can’t put my finger on it, but I really didn’t like the dungeons.

Personally, I really liked the legion dungeons and several of the bfa ones as well. There were none I really hated from those two expansions, and some that became my favorite of all time.

1 Like

BFA > SL > DF > Legion

I like the DF dungeons for the most part. I’m not a big fan of rehashing outdoor areas for dungeons though, like was done for some in BFA / SL / DF. But generally, they’re fun and pretty.

2 Likes

I agree entirely.

Yeah Df dungeons are god awful, i just gonna +10 them for the portals and be done with the season. The last season was good because the only Df dungeon was Doti an once i ran it i never came back enven on alts.

1 Like

I love them.

1 Like

I love the theme and mechanics of AA. The rest of them are boring slogs. Filling every trash pack with a dozen mechanics doesn’t make the dungeon more interesting or fun. It just makes it more annoying. I wish blizz would let trash be trash and focus on more interesting boss fights.

2 Likes