Are the DF dungeons the worst dungeons in modern WoW?

With S4 of DF being exclusively Dragonflight dungeons…

Every trash pack has more abilities than every SoD Classic boss combined. The dungeons are terribly ugly, as a result of WoW aesthetics mixed with Spyro and Crash Bandicoot Remastered aesthetics. Floor is filled with swirlies, like dancing at a Disco in Cancun for Spring Break.

If you like Dragonflight, good for you! However, I think its time to admit that these dungeons are objectively awful and the worst we have ever had in modern WoW.

BFA dungeons > Legion Dungeons > Shadowlands >>>>>>>> Dragonflight dungeons

This is the order of quality between the modern WoW expansions.

17 Likes

They’re my least favorite dungeons in the game so i’m inclined to agree

18 Likes

Only expac that i refuse to do the dungeons u less absolutely necessary for a quest. lol.

4 Likes

Nah, not great. Weird would be the word there.

3 Likes

I like the mega dungeon and Brackenhide. Drawing a blank trying to think of other dungeons that I like.

1 Like

These dungeons are completely fine. TBC is the one with the worst dungeons ever designed.

8 Likes

I think dungeons would be more enjoyable if they toned down the amount of mechanics in trash, and then also the amount of CC available to some classes.

But then there would be a problem with the general design of m+, not only with timers and percentages becoming less of an issue, but they also need to maintain a balance betweek their stupid fortified and tyrannical affixes so one week isn’t drastically easier than the other.

Hands down the worst set of dungeons since mythic+ was implemented.

4 Likes

Take that heresy back!

4 Likes

Eh, I’d say they’re about on par with BFA and better than Shadowlands. I really disliked a lot of Shadowlands aesthetic

I liked SL dungeons quite a bit minus Mists. These DF dungeons are all butt.

3 Likes

My thoughts as well. I think more people are struggling because of the scaling changes than anything else.

Only boss that felt like a struggle so far was the last boss in NoK on a +7 but it was also 2:30 am and we were all tired which is def a factor.

1 Like

When legion was new, haaated the dungeons. Now, I think legion dungeons are my fave. It’s weird. lol. BC a close second. Because I can legit run those with my eyes closed, do it by muscle memory

3 Likes

I do like Dragonflight, for the most part, although I do think the dungeons are boring.

Remember Cata, MoP and WoD dungeons? Those were some good times!!!

Some of the current art team is a bit too heavy handed with how much random structures are floating around. It was bad in Shadowlands too. It’s supposed to be fantastical but just looks messy, overdesigned, and honestly, amateurish to me. I only bring it up beause Alge’thar Acadamy is awful.

3 Likes

definitely not the worst for me. lol.
I think SL garbage takes that award.

1 Like

They are definitely not my favorite. I personally hate Halls and uldaman… Braken is also eh… Some of these places the bosses are just brutal on tyrannical and also have annoying trash on fortified.

1 Like

Getting to do the older dungeons definitely helped me appreciate how much more fun and engaging most of the DF dungeons are. Some of the old ones we did this expansion were pretty boring like AD, BRH, SBG, etc.

I’m not a fan of DF dungeons. Equally as bad as SL dungeons, imo.

1 Like

Don’t like uldaman or brackenhide, rest are fine. AV and RLP still personal favourites.

1 Like

I find Cata dungeons were the worst. I almost always skip over cata timewalking because I just dont like them at all. As for DF well some I do like more than others. Brackenhide and Uldaman I do enjoy.

I thankfully didnt play during SL so didnt touch those dungeons much. From the little I saw though, not great.

1 Like