Archmage Khadgar not spawning in Violet Citadel, can't receive "Uniting the Isles" quest

It doesn’t seem possible to start the Legion Order Hall campaign questline on any character that didn’t previously do Legion content, because the Khadgar NPC that is supposed to give “Uniting the Isles” just doesn’t spawn in. I’ve checked other Khadgar NPCs, and none of them give this quest either.

2 Likes

Been having this issue too. Ironically he appears on this character, who long finished the whole class hall quest line, but he’s phased on basically all my characters who hadn’t. I’ve completed the pre-patch quest with Alleria to try and see if that would fix it, but still phased.

Haven’t seen Khadgar on either Krassus’ Landing or the Violet Citadel, and he’s missing from other quests besides Uniting the Isles (my mage can’t do the arcane part of her class mount because he’s gone there too.) The quest markers show on the map, but he’s not physically there.

edit: completed The War Within chain (going to see Magni) up until Khadgar in the Portrait Room offers Memories of Adventures Past. As Falarise mentioned, you don’t have to complete that quest, but Khadgar should be phased back in once you’re up to that point.

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll try that quest chain out!

Edit: This worked for me! Actually just receiving the “Memories of Adventures Past” quest was enough to spawn Khadgar for me, so it might not be required to actually do that quest. I have received and finished “Uniting the Isles” now.

1 Like

omg I just made a post on having this same issue, found y’all’s answer and it worked. THANK YOU!

1 Like

This works!! I have spent DAYS trying to find the quest I missed! Thank you!!

1 Like

Wanted to weigh in. I had the same problem except my alt character HAD already completed “Memories of Adventures past” from Khadgar and he STILL wasn’t showing in violet citadel for me to accept “Uniting the Isles”

Turns out I also had to complete a Bronzebeard quest nearby to Khadgar and once that was also complete he spawned in at the Violet Citadel like the others said. Hope this helps someone.

2 Likes

I’m also having a similar issue. Khadgar not appearing so I can start the Suramar quest chain. I have completed the TWW intro, so all phases should be back to normal?

As of right now, you have to finish all the quests and go to Kaz’Algar. If you did with a character, your alts have to take the skip, accept the first quest, and pick a zone. That fix it.

2 Likes

I’ve done all that. He’s still phased out.

2 Likes

I had to finish all the intro quests up to the point Khadgar “spoiler”. Then I ported back to Dalaran and he was there.
However, I was not offered a skip at any point. Where is it? I can’t see myself doing the whole intro on all my alts.

2 Likes

That’s weird. I had a problem with an alt. I did all the intro with my main. Then I did the skip with that alt. As soon as I was ported to Dornogal, I use my hearthstone back to Dalaran and Kadgar was there with the quest “Uniting the Isles”

What skip are you referring to? I wasnt offered any skip.

Ok, Did you did the intro quests for the new expansion?

Yes. I did them on all my alts that it was available for. I wasnt presented with a skip option.

Edit: But this is really a moot point. Plenty of others are having similar phasing issues with Violet Citadel Khadgar for various quests he offers.

You need to do all the leveling campaign in TWW. When you finish that you get skips for your alts

Ahh. Well too late for that then. lol

Dalaran was heavy phased during the pre patch, not only Kadgar, many NPCs and quests were missing. The only way to restore it is to do do all the intro quests and get to Kaz’Algar.

I know this. I did all the intro quests. The phase is still broken.

I don’t know then, that fix it for me. Maybe you should open a ticket

Tickets are useless for this stuff. They’ll just tell me to disable addons and reset my interface when many others are having the same issue. It’s broken even on the beta with no addons installed.