Archives: The First Disc

Hello. I’m trying to do the above quest. When I get to the Archive building to travel to The Vault of Memory, There’s no teleport device for me to travel there. Is there a reason why I cannot see the teleport device?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

I have the same problem, nothing there to progress, is this bugged?

I don’t know. I’ve seen others disappear right next to me, so it’s not bugged for everyone. So far, just us two.

exactly, they see the gate/port, but we don’t somehow

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue. I just opened a support ticket just in case.

1 Like

Great, so did I. The more support tickets, the more they’ll pay attention. If I find out anything, I’ll keep you guys posted.

1 Like

One of my guildmates was trying to help me sort it out. They think that the issue maybe related to not having completed the level 80 campaign. I just picked up the quest “The Fleet Arrives” from Moira. I will work on completing the entire chain to see if this is the reason I seem to be locked out of progressing the quest.

Do you mean completing the final/end of the campaign/storyline at level 80? Because unless there’s something extra I don’t know about or somehow missed, I completed the the campaign until the end when we finally meet up with Thrall, Anduin, etc.

But yeah, keep us informed.

Edit:

WTF??? I just looked up that quest on youtube and I never got it, nor the following quest that comes with it “Embassies and Envoys.” Now I have to put a ticket for that as well.

Super Edit:

Okay, I figured it out…

Before we can do THAT quest, we actually have to finish up the campaign quest called “The Fleet Arrives” and the final one called “Embassies and Envoys.” However—in prder to do those, you have to be at Reputation 4 for Council of Dornogal, The Assembly of the Deeps, Hallowfall Arathi and The Severed Threads.

Once all four have been accomplished, head back to Dornogal where you left Anduin, Moira and company to finish up the campaign quests “The Fleet Arrives” and the final one called “Embassies and Envoys.”

Hope this helps and my the Light be with you. :smiley:

You were correct. Thanks.

5 Likes

Hey Friends, post was super helpful but I am still not gaining any traction. context, level 80, renown is at 4 for everything and I am seeing nothing about completing the lvl 80 campaign quests. I did finish it on my main but I am still lost on where to go from here.

cheers for any help that you all might have.

edit: I am also on the alt that “skipped” the campaign as well if that helps.

If you’re at Reputation 4 for Council of Dornogal, The Assembly of the Deeps, Hallowfall Arathi and The Severed Threads (make sure you are), did you go back to the area where Jaina, Anduin, Moira are? There should be that question mark above their head to finish “The Fleet Arrives” and the final one called “Embassies and Envoys.”

As for alts, I really don’t use them, so I don’t know if alts get the benefit of mains who finish the storyline.

I think I did but might have gotten the location wrong. I see no campaign quest marker on in dorn, you perhaps know the location or have the coordinates for them?

You won’t see the marker on the map (why o why, Blizz), you’ll see it on Moira I believe. I don’t know how to give the location but here’s a youtube video showing where they’re at…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1zClKLZNCw

Hope it helps.

so…it does…but also weird thing. I was able to get to the archives…like the waygate was there and I was able to get through. I am still…unsure how to get the disc fragments. like I see dagran etc and everything there. very weird. thanks for all of the help friend.

1 Like

Awesome. Glad it worked.

You have to continue the story. Keep doing the story and eventually you’ll go back to the Archives, AND THEN—they’ll give you the assignment to get the disc fragments.

I know how frustrating it can be not understand why you can’t continue a quest. Bliz needs to do better. Anyway, glad I was able to help.

This quest only showed up on my map TODAY, even though I’ve been 80 for a while and certainly before Tuesday.

Why did this quest line show up so late after I’m 80, and after blizz releases a weekly quest requiring said quest line to be completed??

Really ticked off. Just give us the repeatable WQs choice. Not everyone wants to continually do buggy quests.

1 Like

It has nothing to do at being lvl 80 (although one would think so)…