[Archived] Silver Circle - Night Elf RP

I use a wide aspect monitor :pleading_face: but I think playing in windowed mode (not full screen) can work as well if you tweak some settings.

4 Likes

I see you sneaking around my city! Be glad those Saberguard were just the new recruits!

:smiley:

4 Likes

Oooh, those are really good shots!

2 Likes

ILLTHANYN

A holiday RP event

< :waxing_crescent_moon: :full_moon: :waning_crescent_moon:>

When: December 17, 2020 5:00pm (Server)
Where: Amberpine Lodge, Grizzly Hills
Style: Kaldorei Holiday

Recognized as the longest night of the year and the eve of cleansing when Elune’s healing touch reaches out to her children, Kaldorei all across Azeroth don formal white clothes and gather in their town or city’s place of worship to celebrate Illthanyn.

A trinity of chosen three recite a prayer for the gathering to honor the coming winter. Then, participants are led through a traditional ritual of cleansing, to shed the burdens of the past year and make room to welcome and endure all that is ahead of them. Throughout these activities, themes of Elune’s aspects are interwoven, as Illthanyn signals the natural shift from the darkness of the Night Warrior to the light of Mother Moon.

Following the conclusion of these ceremonies, feasts are thus held in Elune’s name, where fruit, bread, cookies, sweetened meat, mulled wine and warm drinks are shared in Her honor.

An event for those who are of the Elunarian Faith

8 Likes

Feyawen,

I am working on something in preparation for the 12th.

Do you have any tips, pointers, or a guide that you could point me in the direction of for high quality screenshots?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hit me up on Discord, Buliss! I can send you some resources :nerd_face: :camera_flash: (Feyawen#6264)

2 Likes

ILLTHANYN is tomorrow evening!

• Just a reminder to mog an all white outfit! (or as close to all white as possible)
  • No weapons!
  • Inky black potions and elixir of tongues will be available to those who need them!
  • Optional but highly recommended: Pick up the quest “The Cleansing” from Watcher Moonleaf at Steel Gate! The quest will give you an interactive opportunity for the ritual!

When: December 17, 2021 5:00pm (Server)

Hope to see ya’ll there!

4 Likes

OOC comment:

Summary

For a little added flavor, I’m going to write a thank you letter to the Silver Circle after a quick discussion with Feyawen if it’s okay if Gotosh went since it’s specifically an Alliance leaning event. As a gesture of gratitude he sends a letter back for the kind invitation to something he was genuinely interested in. I never RP on the forums, but I felt this would be a nice added thing to put here.

:waxing_crescent_moon: :herb: :waning_crescent_moon:

Early in the evening, when the sun was just starting to fully illuminate the the forests and cast dappled shadows onto the grasses and rocks in the serene lands of Val’sharah did a curious sight appear before the Silver Circle who found their home in these lush lands of nature and harmony. Standing just few hoof steps way from the Temple of Elune, wandered a white stag with an unknown object in his mouth.

Occasionally he stopped to look around, ears swiveling in either direction, as if looking for someone to hand off this item to. As stepping onto ice, the stag testing the stone before walking forward. It was uncertain if he was hesitant due to the activity that resided here or because it was sacred ground.

When at last he found a fair and noble representative of the Silver Circle ,they could see now it was letter. A large one , actually, as if it was paper made for someone with large hands. Once the letter was taken and opened up, the stag stood there and waited. The letter reads:

To the disgtinguished people of the Silver Circle,

I write to you with my deepest thanks for your invitation to the Illthanyn celebration taking place soon. It is hard for me to properly articulate how much this consideration means to me. For many years I have looked to the bright and powerful moon in all Her glory and have never felt as if I was allowed to gaze upon her with reverence due to much of the history our people has shared and the foreign nature of my people.

I know that the friendship between us is different than most of the kaldorei and orcish interactions out there with me having aided the Silver Circle with a Teldrassil memorial and doing two on my own. But I cannot express enough the gratitude I feel to be considered , no matter how big or small the holiday gathering may be.

Know that I will do all I can to listen and respect the knowledge I gain during your sacred holiday and that it will only further my knowledge on the powers of the great and powerful moon and Her child.

While my practices in my shamanism are still my own, anything to help me feel better connected to the energies of the world is a gain to me and way of life.

Thank you all once again, and on the coming night of the full moon’s light, I will honor you all in my own special way for the kindness you have shown me throughout the years.

With love and honor, Aka’magosh
-Gotosh :paw_prints:

P.S. What ever brave animal made their way to you, if you could provide them with a small bit of water or food, that would be appreciated. Should you have a letter to return tell them to wait and then hand it back to me. It will make its way back to me, but likely in the teeth of a different beast. Thank you again.

After reading through the letter, the stag still stood silently and waited. Occasionally shaking his head or scratching his body with large impressive antlers. Should the Silver Circle representative be able to provide him with nourishment he would eat or drink it up and be on his way if no return letter was given.

Regardless of what happened, the stag arrived as gracefully as he appeared. A pale spirit of a deer wandering back into the emerald depths of Val’sharah’s seemingly endless pillars of trees. Disappearing into the far off mists, becoming part of the land once again.

A strange and mystical touch to a genuine letter of gratitude. It may even make one curious to ask about it

:sparkles: :deer: :sparkles:

5 Likes

I’ve been bumming around with Silver Circle for almost three years now. I’ve had a ton of great Roleplay with them and are the go-to guys for Kaldorei Roleplay.

3 Likes

:snowflake: :mountain_snow: :snowflake:

In the years since its destruction at the hands of the Burning Legion, the kaldorei of Val’sharah had made strenuous efforts to rebuild their Temple of Elune on a grander and more ornate scale, perhaps seeking defiance in architectural achievement. The temple rose from the clustered canopy on a sheer cliff overlooking the Emerald Bay on the northwestern fringe of the forest, a vista of gleaming marble walls and blue-tiled rooftops interspersed with tall columns and statues honoring the Goddess of the Moon.

When the silvery-white messenger emerged from the veil of the forest, bearing a sealed scroll case in its mouth, the Temple Guards stood aside to let the creature wander into the heart of the temple. The terrace masons working high on the scaffolding paid the creature little mind, for they were accustomed to woodland messengers the Dreamweavers readily employed.

The creature wandered at length, searching for one who bore the mark of the Silversworn in the form of an Elunite charm bracelet. At last, the white stag found a representative in a deep alcove of the main courtyard, thick with heat and the stench of smoke and metal. Waiting inside was Master Shadowfern, the Silver Circle’s principal blacksmith and blademaster. He was a large man, brawny arms crossed in front of his chest, his body marked with numerous pink scars where splashes of molten metal had escaped the forge. He eyed the stag as it approached, then held out a hand to greet it and receive the message.

Shadowfern smiled sadly as he read the scroll under the scrutiny of the stag. Then he called for his apprentice, a jovial elf by the name of Glynindra Breezebend, who hopped up from her personal workbench and set about finding fresh food and water for the stag while Shadowfern drafted a response.

In’elah Gotosh,

Your message is well-received, and I will pass it along to my fellow Silversworn upon their return. Presently, they are setting sail from Bradensbrook Harbor on a merchant vessel bound for the Grizzly Hills. From there, they will make their trek to the ice-capped mountain known Frostblade Peak, where our ancestors have long held rituals honoring the Winter Solstice and the celebration of Illthanyn.

I regret I will not be in attendance. I would have liked to issue my gratitude for your kind message. I recall the work you have done in Darkshore after the Fourth War, and the efforts you continue to pursue with a goal toward harmony. They are admirable, and as a veteran of many wars I can appreciate the value of peace.

Dress warm for your travels, and I recommend wearing a garment of white if you intent to join the pilgrimage of Illthanyn. The Ritual of Cleansing that takes place for this holiday is traditionally reserved for the Children of the Moon, as it is a celebration of their personal connection with Elune; but I hope you are able to learn something from your experience at the ceremony. Knowledge and gaining a deeper understanding of our differences and what makes each of our peoples unique is an imperative of peace.

Please pass on my well wishes to my fellow Silversworn. I regret I missed them before their departure from the forest, and I am bound for the Jade Forests of Pandaria in preparation for the Circle. Enjoy the good company of my brethren and the abundance of food and drink in honor of the holiday.

Safe journeys, and may Mother Moon watch over you.
~ Thinius Shadowfern, Guardian of War

With the letter signed and sealed, Shadowfern passed it into the care of the white stag once more and watched it depart beyond the verdant veil of the forest.

RP TONIGHT: ILLTHANYN

A Kaldorei Holiday Event

:waxing_crescent_moon: :full_moon: :waning_crescent_moon:

When: Tonight, Friday 12/17/2021 at 5:00pm (server)
Who: Alliance-RP with a focus on Kaldorei
Dress: White Formal/Casual Warm Winterwear

6 Likes

Thank you for allowing my people to attend! It was such a magical and beautiful event, it definitely had us touched and amazed! :heart: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Great event last night! Really awesome locations, and loved the walk through the Northrend snow!

3 Likes

Blizzard should hire you guys and make everything you come up with canon. Your dedication to fleshing out a fantasy culture would make Tolkien proud. That was a very cool event and I’m looking forward to more!

2 Likes

@Loviattar & @Lyastei thank you both for coming out for Illthanyn and inviting us to celebrate the anniversary of the Duskwatch with you too! :paw_prints:

Thank you for your kind words @Talanor! You’re welcome to pop by and join us for RP anytime. :crescent_moon:

And a big thank you to everyone else who came out for Illthanyn. Here are some fun shots of the event:

9 Likes

These Elves are great. :blush: I’ve been with them for what feels like both a long time and a short time. They’re my friends, they’re creative, they’re the real Kaldorei experience. Now if only they’d join me in indulging in a few Mana crystals
 S’good stuff!

3 Likes

For Winter Veil this year, the Silver Circle has received a message from Jarod Shadowsong thanking the Silversworn for their service to Elune and the Kaldorei. The video message comes from Greg Chun (the voice of Jarod Shadowsong from World of Warcraft and Seong Gi-Hun of Squid Game).

Our guild is lucky to have so many dedicated members and allies and I would like to thank every participant for the contributions they have made to the Silver Circle’s story over the past year. May this Winter Veil season bring each of you success, good health, inspiration, and happiness. Wishing you all a happy holiday and a bright New Year ahead. :crescent_moon: :snowflake: :confetti_ball:

20 Likes

What the heck that’s so freaking cool. Feyawin always has incredible ideas.

2 Likes

A-RP TONIGHT: FOREIGN EXPEDITION

Path of War event

:bamboo: :fountain: :bamboo:

When: Tonight, Tuesday 12/28/21 at 5:30pm (server)
Where: Pawdon Village, Jade Forest, Pandaria
Style: Casual/Learning
Who: Alliance

For this Path of War mission, the Silversworn will journey to the land of cloud-ringed mountains and hidden bamboo thickets on Pandaria’s eastern shore: the Jade Forest. There, they will learn about the art of Medicine from local experts.

1 Like

"Moving, changing, flowing - this is what life is all about"
~ Gentle Shi, Waterspeaker for the Pearlfin Tribe

Big thanks to Thinius for organizing, writing and hosting a lovely lesson on the art of healing with water from the Jinyu perspective of a Pearlfin Waterspeaker!

Thank you to everyone who came out to attend it :nerd_face:

4 Likes

If the voice actor says it in character it then it’s canon!

But really that’s awesome!

2 Likes