Arcanite Bar Cost is Too High

Now that I’ve offloaded all of my Arcanite Bars I think we should point out that even though the new Arcanite Reaper is cool looking…

It’s current cost to make is still 2k+ just for the bars. And since bars are used to make the legendaries, there’s going to be a high demand for them.

My suggestion is to either make a vendor that players can buy Arcane Crystals from or reduce all of the Arcanite Bar cost in crafting by nearly 80%.

I don’t think that either of these are actually good options, I just know y’all backed yourself into a corner with this one.

Edit: Updating for those not up to date.

1 Like

Supply and demand. The price could be 1k a bar and it would be correct if people are buying it.

No amount of forum whining is gonna change auction house prices silly.

12 Likes

So why did they change the axe? I thought they intended to make it more attractive for players to use?

The cost is so high because no one is playing the game right now and there’s no real reason for the people who are still playing the game to waste their time farming Arcane Crystals from Rich Thorium Veins in Level 55-60 areas at level 50 when they could just wait until they’re able to level 60 in two weeks.

The cost will go down in Phase 4 IF everyone comes back and you suddenly have hundreds of thousands of players playing the game again.

Or it won’t if Phase 4 turns out to suck and everyone quits before hitting 60. But at that point, the price of Arcanite Bars will ultimately be the least of SoD’s problems.

6 Likes

Right now it’s only speculative buying, you can hardly use them for anything.

Next phase they will have an actual use, and any returning player won’t have the capital compared to those players you referenced.

Now that you failed to think ahead and sold all your arcanite you want them to change recipe?

Current prices are entirely speculative based on how awesome that and other arcanite pieces look and 20 year knowledge that you can’t just farm arcanite overnight. We are locked to how much can be made at a time. Many people have had alt armies making arcanite since the start of the phase. They knew what would happen and are prepared. Now we wait and see how much arcanite exists and how much is needed. Likely prices will be sky high for some time and thats just too bad for those that haven’t figured out how to prepare for a 20 year old video game.

1 Like

I’m already thinking ahead pal.

I’m making a forum post.

1 Like

Exactly. There’s a limited supply because so few people are:

A) Playing the game
B) Mining Arcane Crystals
C) Transmuting Arcanite Bars

So the price is high because supply is so low because there’s no reason to make them outside of the niche market of speculative selling/buying.

Depends on how Phase 4 goes. If Phase 4 flops, then SoD dies and it won’t matter in the end what Arcanite Bars cost, because nobody will be playing the game anymore. We’re already down to about 40,000 players across the entirety of SoD, at this point if P4 isn’t good, then the only place for SoD to go is into the grave.

If Phase 4 turns out to be good and brings back a good sized chunk of the 400,000+ players it had at its peak, then there will be enough miners and alchemists out there that a ton of Arcane Crystals will be farmed and a ton of Arcanite Bars will be made, driving down the price, especially on the larger ‘mega-servers’.

You’re basically looking at the price of Arcanite Bars now and have decided that it means Arcanite Bars in Phase 4 will be just as expensive. But comparing the price of Arcanite Bars now when the supply is at its lowest to when the supply should be at its highest during Phase 4 is pure folly.

At this point, we can only wait and see how Phase 4 plays out and what sort of population and economy SoD has.

SoD’s economy is dead right now because SoD itself is dead right now. So prices are high. Pretty simple.

2 Likes

The main problem is they’re removing Incursions, which is a good thing, but the gold they brought into the game and those that benefited from it will be leagues ahead of any new player. Adding more gold to the players only makes the market move accordingly.

Those players that have the capital to buy the already overpriced bars, are only going to be able to buy more bars if that price lowers. Assuming it’s drop rate is like it has been in the past, it’s going to be a very competitive, high priced item on the AH compared to the market as a whole. And from a whole, players who played in Incursions will have a lot more gold as already mentioned.

This is all unless they do make the drop rate absurdly high, and arcanite bars become a meme because of transmute procs + high arcane crystal drops.

But there is an issue at hand. See for yourself.

Why do you say this but we get others who say…

Sounds like if the bars remain high priced, people are going to be questioning the development decisions, and if the prices drop. Same thing.

i agree with OP on this part.

2 Likes

Ah damn bro you’re so cool man holy crank you must be 6ft 6 with broad shoulders and chiseled chin.

What a based take.

I already sold all my bars, I kind of expect the price to drop regardless.

Choking on my water here man, thanks. :joy: :rofl:

This guy thinks a forum post will bring down AH prices.

3 Likes

Are you confused?

Then why did you make this thread in which you said several times you think the price is going to be too high???

It sounds like you agree with me that the price is going to drop. You agree so much you literally pulled out of your speculative position in the market.

I think at this point its fair for us to be a little confused lmao.

2 Likes

2k is nothing. I’m sitting on a mountain of gold, there was nothing to do this season besides farming.

2 Likes

Show us.

Prove it.

I am betting the arcanite bars will drop in price phase 4, reason is that there is 4 more maps opening up for mining arcane crystals, Eastern Plaguelands, Silithus, Winterspring and Burning Steeps, now these maps get mined a little bit now by stealth , op classes and groups but nothing like they will when the average miner hits level 60, this will drop prices.

3 Likes

honestly, i think the cost for bars will drop pretty quick. more and more hunters know about the Dire Maul East solo farm. i know my hunter will be in there farming some. when i did it in Era, it was about 10 min a run. so ever 10 min you get 2 to 3 rich thorium veins, and there seems to be a lot of hunters in SOD.

that added to the fact that every Alchemist can get x-mute specialty, i think they will drop in price.

1 Like

Actually you gave the answer to it right in your post.

Here, I’ll quote it:

OP is asking for an increased supply of the item in demand.

Whether or not you or I or anyone else agrees with the proposition, he did provide a scenario which would change the price of the material.

I personally don’t care either way.