Arcane Linguist Broken

It is indeed still broken. On both of my mages. Would really appreciate it fixed!!

4 Likes

EU server, 24 february 2019:
Arcane Linguist is still broken.

6 Likes

Week 11 of Arcane Linguist being broken.

The mages of Azeroth are waiting (patiently, but waiting).

2 Likes

Week 12 of Arcane Linguist being broken.

The issue persists without further comment. I know that this is not considered as pressing as some other game issues as it has 0 impact on PvP or Raids, but the problem is obvious. The fix may not be, given that the easiest method would be to revert changes made to Elixir of Tongues and a method to accomplish this feat, but the problem is clear. I hope to see it resolved soon, perhaps before we hit 100 days? The sooner the better but still.

Even in the past week it has come up as an issue for RP, repeatedly. Multilingual RP suffers over a simple mistake made in trying fix a problem with cross faction communication, but it suffers.

I hope we hear something at least. I know it isn’t policy generally to comment on these but we haven’t heard anything for a while. We, the mage Roleplayers of Warcraft, just have to trust the broken tool is being looked into. That it isn’t forgotten. That there is hope.

1 Like

Yup, still broken. Man, I was exited to do some rp with my new mage but then I realized Linguist dosent work. What a shame…

2 Likes

Would be nice to at least see a blue post acknowledging that they know about the problem. Even if they aren’t fixing it right now.

4 Likes

That would be very very nice!!

2 Likes

Yes, please Blizzard, fix this thing. Roleplayers use it a lot.

2 Likes

In today’s patch, Arcane Linguist is going to receive a change. Specifically it says it is adding the languages of Allied Races to those that can be comprehended. This is listed under bug fixes.

One of two things, as far as we are concerned, are going to happen. Either this will also include a fix to Arcane Linguist so we can speak the languages again, or it will not meaning we’ll be on to week 13 of this.

I am hopeful, but we shall see.

1 Like

I would like to tell you guys that now in Dalaran Sewers there is a goblin selling a potion that makes you learn the enemies main language during one hour. Can be useful sometimes.

Arcane Linguist has nothing to do with the opposing factions’ racial languages, but EVERYTHING about the SAME factions’ racial languages!

2 Likes

Yes, I know. I’m just adding an information

We are aware of this item.
It has been acknowledged in this thread.
It is because of this item Arcane Linguist is broken, specifically when they changed the potion so it only grants understanding instead of the full ability to speak the other faction’s language.

That said: Thank you for contributing.

3 Likes

The servers are back up, and it is Week 13.

Ugh…13 weeks of the same bug. I am now annoyed.

2 Likes

Somehow they managed to actually put Arcane Linguist in the patch notes without actually fixing anything.

3 Likes

Very upsetting indeed. I’m very fond of Arcane Linguist.

2 Likes

Wait, what? Where did you see that?

1 Like

It’s fairly buried.

Mage
Arcane Linguist now allows you to comprehend the languages of the Allied Races.

Spoiler: it doesn’t fix this issue.

2 Likes

So we can “understand” these languages… but not speak them.

“Linguist” means to speak. They know that, right?

2 Likes