Arcane Linguist Broken

Yyyep, still unable to speak any other languages besides default racial ones. Fix pleeeeeze!

1 Like

As a mage on an RP server I loved this ability to Talk to other mages in their language and in other ones so that I could hide what I was saying for events without whispering.

1 Like

Arcane Linguist being broken is actually hurting my soul. Please please please address soon!!! :(:((

2 Likes

Mage RP is really bummed out with this ability broken. Please fix it! I love being able to speak Goblin or Gutterspeak as a Blood Elf! <3

3 Likes

Still broken! =(

2 Likes

Given how long this has gone on, I am not buying that this is a patch bug anymore. I think this is an intentional change.

The Blood Elf Hunter stance was bugged since Cataclysm and only fixed in Legion.
Believe me, this is a bug - Blizzard just has a poor track record on timely fixes.

3 Likes

Only thing I can think of is that Arcane Linguist and Elixir of Tongues share the same code internally, so when they removed the ability to speak other languages with the Elixir, they broke Linguist too.

2 Likes

This is likely the sole reason to why it is broken. It has been recognized as a bug internally at least (the change to the potion was not intended to effect Arcane Linguist), and… Hopefully they do get around to fixing it soon.

This is a mistake they made, one that effects the roleplaying community (granted mostly those of a given class and those who interact with them but it effects them nonetheless), and it ought to be fixed.

3 Likes

Still broken as of 2/3/2019

Maaaaybe tomorrow’s maintenance will fix it? Hint hint?!

2 Likes

Found this thread as my mage just dinged 58 and I could finally buy the tome. Post-update hasn’t changed anything, it’s still bugged.

05FEB2019

3 Likes

Ayep, still borked.

1 Like

Still bracked.

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well. My Nightborne Mage has Arcane Linguist skill, but is UNABLE to speak ANY of HER FACTION’S racial languages, BESIDES her own - Orcish and Shalassian!

1 Like

H-has a blue even seen this yet…

1 Like

2 months ago I had sent in a ticket on this matter. Part of the response mentioned that the individual who answered passed the information on to the QA team, that it was a bug they had noticed, and it seemed to only affect certain races (not that any testing I had done revealed any such results).

I was also informed they do not tend to reply to bug reports. But I was encouraged to report, and make sure they know. The more bug reports they get, the more data, ect. Something they may sit on if they cannot figure out the issue.

I, on a weekly basis, have sent in a bug report as a reminder of this issue.

All that said: …This remains an issue. I do not know how many of them are actually aware of it, or the measures being taken, but as of two months ago it was supposedly sent their way. I do not know how long it will take them to fix it, or if they ever will, but I know it took them about a week to break it and that it has been said this is not how it is supposed to be. Just keep reporting it, keep bumping this up, give them all the data you can, and hope that this decade we will be able to speak the languages of our allies once more. it was broken when they brought in Elixir of Tongues and changed it to make it so you didn’t learn how to speak Common/Orcish, and while it may not be as high a priority as some things… I hope to see it fixed soon.

Every tuesday… I hope.

3 Likes

Reporting from Orgrimmar, Arcane Linguist is still busted.

2 Likes

Still abysmally broken. Mages everywhere cry out… BUT NO ONE UNDERSTANDS THEM ANYMORE! :frowning:

3 Likes

Still broken

2 Likes

Can attest it is still broken and we would truly appreciate a fix for it ;-; Please.

4 Likes