April Fools isn't that funny any more

Considering many of the April Fools patch notes in the past actually become a reality (GCD for all spells)

23 Likes

April Fools jokes are rarely funny to begin with because literally everyone expects it, so it’s basically just a comedy routine that comes across as forced.

That, and in Blizzard’s case they almost always include something that makes fun of something people are passionate about so people get mad.

4 Likes

In that case, I hope these all come true!

4 Likes

If you’re excited for classic, have i got a funny story for you.

15 Likes

I always cringed whenever a kid in my class asks “is the test an april fool’s joke?” whenever I had tests on April 1st.

1 Like

Not just that, but their real announcements have been more extreme than their April Fools joke. BfA itself already feels like an april fools joke, and of course we can’t forget Diablo Immortal

12 Likes

I thought they were pretty hilarious.

My favorite was that you could now CC ferals by throwing a slice of cheese onto their head.

lol

14 Likes

Ya, imagine if they came out and said they’re gong to take our talent tree and put it in loot crates. That would be a funny April fools.

Really?

That is pretty hilarious?

5 Likes

THat wouldn’t be an April fools joke , that would be something they’d actually do

1 Like

You don’t say.

1 Like

Yup. Can’t wait to see what actually ends up in the game a year from now.

3 Likes

Aw, c’mon. The overtuned pepe goggles were hilarious.

They’re plenty funny. Stop being so sour and let people have some fun. You are free to ignore the forums this one day of the year if it triggers you

9 Likes

Yea, it’s not nearly as bad as it used to be a few years back. But most April Fools jokes usually aren’t nearly as funny as the people doing it think.

Used to laugh at them. Sorta lost the humor as the game degraded. Now its more a list of things I wouldnt be surprised if they actually did. More scary than funny now.

4 Likes

Jaded internet people criticize everything. Details at 11.

2 Likes

Don’t really mind them. I just ignore them for the most part.

Though, Stackoverflow really overdid it this year. The site won’t be useable all day.

1 Like

I think Blizzard uses April Fools to test the waters - see if people take it as a joke or as a possible future scenario. It’s never 100% a joke is it?

2 Likes

I should go back a few years and see if this one is in any of those April Fools posts.

• Redo the Garrosh storyline just one expansion after Garrosh is killed