April Copeland's reponse to the new Kalimdor book

first, nice overlap, i will save this if i´m allowed.

And second: the fights begann as the night elf empire expand, so the night elf empire took lands from the trolls…and said “this is my land, if you touch it, i will burn down you holy place and crumple the mountains”, so stop all your aggression and let me do what i want.

This is litteraly the “Treaty”, i do what i want and you agree…or be gone, this was Azsharas Grace toward the trollkind. The only thing she promised for sure was to keep zandalar

No she didn’t. She made a contract with the Zandalari ( or forced it upon them rather ) that they were allowed to keep their land if they encouraged the other troll tribes not to attack them. ( On land they already took from the trolls, mind you. )

This “agreement” was rendered null and void with Azshara’s disgraceful exit and the Shattering that followed, and it never applied to Amani lands in the first place.
Darth’remar and his followers did not enter Amani territory thinking it would rightfully belong to them due to a contract made by their no-longer-ruler, that is such an utter nonsense take, even from you.

13 Likes

Wait where does he mock teldrassil?

1 Like

Feel free to

It’s right on par with what he does if you been here long enough

7 Likes

The other Highborne arround Dath’Remar thought about it as the world still belong to them, without Dath’Remar they would have enslaved the humantribes…like azsharas highborne did before enslaving people.

She even continue expanding the empire AFTER the treaty was signed, because its pleased them, and no, the Highborne thought about the amani as foe…and stroke them down at every path they met, like they did before, because they hated them.

and you can even read it for yourself, the expanding continued even after the treaty was signed.

Another weird thing about this book is that Zekhan is already a somewhat trained Shaman, we’ve seen this from literally when he first appeared in the BfA cinematic. It makes very little sense for him to need to learn to read or write, or to lack an education, because Shaman are the spiritual leaders of the Horde, and spiritual leaders amongst the Darkspear besides. To be able to call on the elements as he was shown from the get go means he should already have extensive education to prepare him for the role of being a focal point of guidance for his people.

Shamanism isn’t just having Avatar superpowers, there’s way more to it culturally, especially in Thrall’s Horde, which he would have grown up in.

22 Likes

Darkshore and Hyjal pages

“Omg why are the elves so angry, even if justice were served they’d still be angry, sheesh” vibes

Lol we know how Blizzard’s story team feels about shamanism let’s be honest :skull:

13 Likes

They made a faux pas and didn’t specify Thalssian, which is kind of an important word for context in this instance. I am willing to accept most trolls dont know how to read and write Thalassian, though wow he learned a new language fast if that’s the case.

The books sadly full of tiny screw ups that result in a much larger issue when they pile up.

5 Likes

oh right. so basically blizzard is like “Why are genocide victims so angry?”

5 Likes

Also big screw ups given it seems to state that the Dark Portal was around during the War of the Ancients, and that Nordrassil existed then too.

And there’s also a blurb where they say the WoTA was 1k years ago.

3 Likes

He should’ve paired Zekhan up with Aethas Sunreaver. That guy probably has a lot of time on his hands these days.

2 Likes

Yeahhhhh… a few rather glaringly large ones as well. I am still flabbergasted by how they got out of editing with so many mistakes.

8 Likes

Especially since the book was delayed…how many times?? There’s really no excuse.

1 Like

Well there are a lot of references to scrolls of lore from Lorethemar’s library, so he had to of learned how to of read them somehow I guess?.. In general I am just… confused.

Even in the case of doing so, why not just have him use the libraries of the Zandalari? They are still largely intact. You telling me they lack a library comparable to Silvermoon’s after Arthas ransacked the city?

3 Likes

i´m pretty sure that was not the purpose of this sentence, its more an easy way to shift the blame …“it was an missunderstanding, we meant of course thalasian”

Why should zekhan learn Thalasian language to …translate words??

Zekhan said MOST of his reading and writing was from Lor’themar. It wasn’t just Thalassian.

7 Likes

If we actually got an answer to that question you know damn well what we’d get told by the current writing team :skull::skull::skull::joy::joy::joy:

At this point it’s not even arrogance to suggest a randomized selection of ten of the regulars of this forum has a greater capacity to be in charge of this story as the new narrative team

And again, she tried to imply otherwise, and then IMMEDIATELY did a 180 and admitted error and that her mans had nothing to do with the entire passage

Thereby reveal she was trying to spin something he allegedly had no hand in

Silvermoon having “grand libraries” has been canon since TBC, the Scryer librarian mentions them.

1 Like