Appearances disappearing and Transmog not applying

So I have three outfits from paid sources (IE: the Blizzard Store) that have mysteriously vanished from my sets tab in the transmog menu. The Fae outfit, the Blizzcon PJs, and the RAF Explorer one. All three are gone and I don’t even see the individual pieces in the tabs.

I’ve disabled all addons and the issue persists and I’ve reset the UI

Likewise no matter how low level the gear appearance is, I’m completely unable to apply any transmog to any piece of gear on.

There’s a known issue that causes transmogs from outside the game (store, Recuit-a-Friend, etc.) to periodically become unavailable and then after some random time available again. Developers have apparently figured out why it happens but not yet how to fix it.

A better article with the most up to date Blue posts as they’ve worked through things.

TL;DR - you still have the mogs. There is no rhyme or reason to them disappearing and reappearing. There is no fix. Until there is a updated Blue post or hotfix announcement, you’re using any of those mogs at your own risk and with your own gold on the line with having to mog and re-mog.

So its good to know that this is something they’re trying to fix but

This also doesn’t solve my other issue, that non-blizz shop items cannot be transmogged at all. Questing gear that are in my apperances and nothing I do will transmog the item’s apperances at all.

Edit just in case:

This is happening specifically on my night elf monk, when i go to other characters everything is fine and I can transmog anything that’s available to them. However when I go to my nelf monk I can’t transmog ANYTHING, like, legit nothing. I’ll set up an outfit that’s all Classic WoW era appearances just for testing with all my addons disabled and no appearance will be applied and (thankfully) no gold will be taken.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with my orc monk. All my other characters i tried has no issue. My monk however refuses to change her clothing. She’s shy all of a sudden. Lol

saw someone with the same issue the other day.
it was caused by a guild tabard

I’m not sure if this is happening to others, but I played WoW up until MoP, and came back for BFA. During the time I was away, transmogrification was implemented. I could clearly see that there were items from the past that I had nearly forgotten about that were in my collection, but others?–not!

For example, I know for a fact I wore the Robes of Arugal for about ten levels as a new clothie back in the Burning Crusade days. I wore it lovingly. But for some reason, it was one item that my Transmogrifier seems to have forgotten that I had! This goes for a few crafted items such as the Mageweave set, which I know for a fact I wore for a while too.

As for other items, I have no idea what I’m missing out on. It’s as if some items are remembered by the game and others are ignored.

Thankfully I kept some treasured items in my bank to never let them go. If it weren’t for that, I’m positive my beloved Sacred Burial Trousers (now removed from the game) would have been gone too. Luckily I saved those, wore them, and the game cannot deny me that I have it in my collection.

But I had to go back and refight in Shadowfang keep for my old Arugal Robe (and got it), but I still have no idea why an item like that could be ignored in the system in the first place.

the game didn’t keep track of every BoE item which you ever equipped, and BoP item which you ever looted…
the database can only verify items which were obtained via quests.

this worked the same way for everyone.

if we didn’t still have the items at the time the wardrobe was introduced, we had to go farm them or craft them again.

2 Likes

transmog was around for a while before the wardrobe.

the wardrobe was introduced at the end of Warlords (or maybe Legion pre-patch?)

i suppose it wasn’t really a decision, but a limitation of the database.

items which we vendor/disenchant/destroy are only kept in the database for a few months.

completed quests can be verified by the database, so the appearances for quests which were completed prior to the addition of the wardrobe, were automatically awarded.

My point is that it saved for some items, yet some it didn’t–of the items I didn’t actually save in my bank. There’s no rhyme or reason whether it was BoE or BoP; some items were logged within my character ready for transmogging, others not.

but there is.
just because an item is BoP, doesn’t mean the system remembered you had it.
if it was a quest reward, then the database knows that you had it.

This is a drop.
Unless you owned it when the wardrobe was introduced, the game had no way of knowing if you owned it at some point in the past.

again, the system had no way to know that you were wearing it at some point, because it wasn’t a quest reward.