Appearance Change for WoW Classic

I want raid gear on vendors because “tHeyve aLreAdY maDe ChaNgEs!” and "wHo DoeS iT hUrT?!

I mean if thats the bar for getting new crap in this game then there is no limit. Thankfully neither have a chance in hell at happening

9 Likes

That is just an outlandish comparison to be making lol. Putting raid gear on vendors would absolutely be a detriment to the game.

How does me getting raid gear from a vendor hurt you?

If you dont want to partake in it then dont. Just like xmog you can simply choose not to

2 Likes

It’s not about just you or me. If you could get raid gear from a vendor, it completely takes away from the whole end game portion of Classic which is basically a large reason why people are playing this game. So yeah, if it isn’t obvious enough, it would absolutely be a detriment to the game.

In comparison, if race changes were allowed, that doesn’t do any damage to the overall integrity of the game or how it’s played, which is important to note.

Can you give me an example of why you think race changes would be bad for this game other than “#nochanges” ?

I dont see that as an argument against it. Like race changes people can choose not to get them if they dont want. If they find that detrimental to their experience they should opt out and play the game in a more enjoyable fashion

I think both me and the OP understand that neither will ever happen though.

That’s ridiculous and you know it lol. You don’t see how making end game content obsolete is an argument against adding raid gear vendors to the game?

You’re trolling.

Duh. I was trying to think of something equally stupid to wanting race/appearance changes in classic wow

You think you do…but you dont. Everyday these boards make Allen Brack look more and more right

4 Likes

Lol. I personally wouldn’t mind a race change feature, but not getting one won’t make me quit the game or anything.

That being the case, I’ll always argue for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Argue away. Ill argue against it as it wasnt in classic and it isnt a needed change like some of the others. Im not nochanges, but making aimless changes that arent needed would be spitting in the face of people who actually wanted this game for what it is

If people want all those QoL changes, theres a game where all those exist

2 Likes

I agree that it’s not a needed change. I’d welcome it but yeah that’s really the extent at which I’d vie for it. I think we’ll just leave it at that haha.

Why do people insist on bringing modern wow changes to classic? If you want these kind of things just go play retail.

4 Likes

You knew they didn’t have that feature when you made your character. Sounds like a you problem.

1 Like

Exactly. Blizzard needs to revert every single change they’ve made and then get on their hands and knees and beg our forgiveness.

1 Like

This is one of those things that legitimately would be completely benign to add. Name change/race change/transmog you can make legitimate arguments against. Just the barber shop? Who cares.

1 Like

Want race, faction, appearance, and gender changes? Go play retail.

Those changes are massive. Retail is your home if you’re complaining about how you look.

2 Likes

The reason superheroes, restaurants and other brands are remembered is because they don’t change much or often.

They are iconic.

Your avatar represents you in game, as your face and body represent you in real life.

People shouldn’t be eager to strip things like that away but instead…

…make a new character.

2 Likes

I don’t mind barber shop, but gender swap is too easy mode “change your mistake” type of a feature. but its a slippery slope, u ask for feature change then u ask for transmog. and I hate transmog. so no…

2 Likes

There is already a version of WoW in which people can do this. I suggest playing that game instead if you want that feature.

One of the main points of Classic was to have a version of the game that doesn’t contain all of the QoL features that killed the RPG elements of the game. If you don’t understand that then you would probably be better off playing retail.

2 Likes

Your name is iconic, same with race/gender usually. Appearance not at all.

Just the barber shop is completely benign.

What if the change was totally on your end? Would that work for you?