Appeal Feels Useless/Unfair (Not Knowing Has No Leeway)

That is completely different. This isn’t commonly known knowledge at all. Literally nobody I have talked to in my guild about this doesn’t understand and didn’t know and now I’m falling victim because of it. Like I get it’s a rule break, but like if you don’t know you shouldn’t get this severe of a punishment???

Maybe a week or a silence for not knowing but giving me a 2 weeks suspension off of a mistake and no human error because i didn’t know is extremely harsh.

Ignorance of the law is now excuse.

Now you now better and won’t do it again.

1 Like

Yeah but a 2 week suspension to learn a rule I literally have broken 1 time and didn’t know is just extreme….

Now i have to play like I’m walking on egg shells when i do get to play again or I’ll have to read the rule book because This seems so extreme for such a little mistake. I’m not running a boosting community or anything. I was just trying to make gold w guildies and i’ve only posted a few times :expressionless:
It really makes me think about unsubbing. like i made a mistake that i didn’t know about and now i have to suffer. it’s just extreme but NOBODY seems to agree w me.

If you are already at a 2 week suspension, you have a history. That factors into it as well.

You can keep crying about not knowing, but it’s irrelevant. Blizzard made the change and posted about it. IIRC it was a blue post in the forum. You can probably find it. They presumed their players would read it and understand.

You not doing it is on you. Your guild mates claiming to not know is on them, not Blizzard.

But now you know, and now they know.

Still not grounds for a long suspension for not knowing…… you would feel the same if you were in my shoes.

Not everyone lives in the forums either. I didn’t know. they didn’t know. this shouldn’t have me suspended for 2 weeks. it’s literally a mistake and now i have to suffer… like you really don’t get it unless it happened to you.

Here’s the post.

3 Likes

That post is from Shadowlands in 9.2.7. This is insane. I’m supposed to know about a post from 3 years ago and since i didn’t I get suspended for 2 weeks??

Like you have to put yourselves in my shoes. I DIDNT KNOW. and now i’m having huge lashback. it just literally does not make sense.

I dunno, it’s stickied in the general forum. You don’t have to dig for it. I took a long break from the game and when I came back 3 months ago that post was one of the first things I saw, especially since I checked the forums before returning.

As for appealing…that’s up to Blizzard, I don’t know what they would do. I’ve never used the trade channel so I have no idea.

EDIT: Actually this is a more comprehensive post about it. There’s a link to it in the post I shared but this is on the support site. This one was updated in the last 7 days.

2 Likes

I’ve played for 14 years. nothing has changed. i don’t go on here unless i need answers. Like there’s no reason too. so if im getting suspended because I don’t check the forums or read the ToS word for word…. i just find it insane. 14 years nothings changed. I made 1 mistake and didn’t know about it till after. like it just doesn’t make sense.

That article you posted doesn’t really help either. Like i messed up?? can we not suspend someone for not knowing please??

I don’t know. The only thing I do know is that appeals are looked at, but are not a place to “plead your case”, only for a second set of eyes to see if an error was made.

3 Likes

Then they need to change the name from appeal to fact checker or something. mistakes shouldn’t go so severely punished :confused:

Like I said, all you can do is wait on your ticket. There’s nothing any of us on the forum can do but speculate.

2 Likes

No I wouldn’t. I would assume I missed an announcement and go “welp, that sucks” and move on.

Again, you clearly have a history if it went straight to two weeks. The point is so you learn a lesson.

Again. Ignorance of the rule does not absolve you if the consequences of breaking it. It makes plenty of sense, you just don’t like it. Which is fine, but it is what it is. You screwed up and now you have to take your lumps.

Use this as a learning experience and move on.

1 Like

Speculation at least gives some peace of mind

That’s not even a little close to true.

If you played for 14 years, you know changes get posted in the forums.

1 Like

No. It’s not common knowledge. I’ve never done something like this and never knew it was a thing. There shouldn’t be such a massive suspension regardless of my past. It’s like throwing someone in jail that literally didn’t know about a crime. If i knew about it, you think i wouldn’t do it right?

Right. So yeah i did it but if i didn’t know and get punished that seems extremely corrupt…

The last time i checked the forums is for Classic WoW and that was for like xp grinding lol. I don’t come on here because blizz usually posts stuff about wow on the net launcher.

As you were told in your other thread - the two weeks is completely on you because of the account’s previous infractions. That you’ve owned up to in your other thread. No matter the rule you broke, the account duration is not something you’ve got any grounds to grind your teeth about.

You knew enough that there was a Trade Services channel. Bouncing between channels is spamming, no matter the rules on what and where to post.

Ok, I know nothing about the history of your account. But what I do know is that penalties stack, and past history is taken into account when applying penalties.

4 Likes

I just don’t get it. So many people spam for 24 hrs a day and I posted in trade a few times not knowing and get hit w it. It. just. doesn’t. make. sense.

You haven’t seen ZulJiin. there are 100s of spammers. I didnt post non stop all day everyday. it just doesn’t make sense

Yes it is.

So you know to check the forums.

Well, that’s not how it works. The punishment gets worse so you stop breaking rules. If they dropped off then the punishment loses it’s effectiveness.

That’s a very real thing that happens in the world and you know what defense doesn’t work? “I didn’t know I was breaking the law, so you shouldn’t punish me.”

And they get reported as well and suspended.

Yes it does, you just don’t like it.

2 Likes