Apparently the 20 Free to Play Starter Edition bracket is now merged with the 20-29 XP- Disabled Bracket

Its not the best but I think youre missing the point. This is worse.

2 Likes

Vet account twinks already buy tons of stuff. The character I’m posting on has, over the course of its life, had something like 4 faction swaps, 2 server xfers, 2 account transfers, a couple tokens worth of gear, etc and thats just this one toon. I have 5 vets on this account.

I dont think this involves money. I think its just an attempt to remove twinks from leveler BGs which… fine. I just think its pretty ham fisted to toss “legit” new players in with nothing but us twinks. Like before yesterday, at least they werent the only undergeared people in the BG. Now, they mostly will be as 29s flood the bracket because people who play 29s are a particularly bad breed of noxious twink.

5 Likes

He’s already subbed. Somehow, the leveling experience hooked him. The F2P trial account needs a complete re-work if we are being honest, but that’s a whole different conversation.

An ant can’t really fathom the size of the boot. You may be able to tell the difference between getting 1-shotted by a level 20 twink and 1-shotted by a level 29 twink. But to a trial account, they’re dead regardless.

1 Like

So they brought Shadowlands to the low level brackets too it seems

4 Likes

Shoulda just removed vets from on xp and left true f2ps in the on xp bracket. Like as much as ppl hate to hear is 20 vets absolutely crush your average lvler. Now that vet and f2ps are gone the warlock I am lvling in crafted mop pvp gear is going 30+ 0 deaths every game and that’s against lvlers. I feel pretty bad for the pure f2ps that are going to be up against legit bis 29’s like holy poop they dont stand a chance.

I thought mop 29s was a little over the top but this is going to be hilarious to watch.

1 Like

spoken like someone with zero experience on the topic.

1 Like

how are 29’s(squished 70’s) overpowered? i understand they probably had tier pieces or engi stuff but the squish would have set the ilvl the same as boas for a 29. also why are some old 70’s squished to 27 and others 29?

1 Like

You’re only here because Ghood put out a call to arms on the xpoff forum. I’m in the 20’s now. I was in the 29’s in Legion. I was in the 19’s, 29’s, and 49’s in BC. I was here the first time twinks were separated with < we kill people > running some real wargames. I’ve been here for the highs and the lows. I’ll be here next week gearing my now 29 twinks. You? You’re just a tourist. You’ll unsub next week.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s me, I just swapped from my sockpuppet to my REAL character :wink:

Where do you see that?

weird to say to someone that’s already not subbed nor is a tourist to the bracket.

Whoops! Sorry. It wasn’t chops. The link that I clicked to get to this thread was quoted by chops. Ghood actually posted it on the XP off forums. Also, a tourist in the bracket. Is in there when the getting is good, and bails the moment the waters are a little rough.

Just had a few things to say about it @Blizzard

1. The 20-29 XP Off bracket will destroy F2Ps

Maybe you guys think this doesn’t matter, but what it’s like now: the bracket is fun, a bit bursty, and people are a little under geared at 20 but can still play and check it out.

What it will be like with the 20-29 queue:

One game will be enough to ruin WoW for people. They will get one shot by 29s in raid gear and feel like they’re playing a trashy Korean MMO.

1. You guys don’t realize how much money we spend

Check out the economy of Bleeding Hollow in Shadowlands. One slot (ILVL28 green with Sockets) was going for 100-500k for most of the XPAC with people needing 5-10 of them. Twinking blew up in SL and people have been transfering to BH, just to buy tokens, just to gear 20s.

Check out the number of transfers people have made moving level 20 characters.

People will still twink at 29, but far far less people.

a) because it will be unplayable for F2Ps and Vets
b) because the gear is a massive pain in the *** at 29

Blizzard is not going to make money from people paying to beat up F2P accounts like you guys did in the old days. The bracket will be dead in a week.

7 Likes

Old 70s are in full socket gear from sunwell/BT which can’t be accessed until level 30 now, so all that gear is grandfathered to them in that bracket and offers like 22 sockets compared to boas

Blizzard legitimized twinking when they added the option to stop XP. They need to stop pretending like it doesn’t exist, or perhaps more to the point, stop talking anti-player measures.

For a lot of us, the reason we twink is because we hate the sh1t show that is gearing and talent selection at max level. By disrupting our bracket status quo they create another sh1t show. I put some decent effort into my 20s thinking it would last a while since they’ll be staying at 20. I was happy to support that play style with a subbed account, like many of the other posters here.

This, plus the other money-grubbing, screw-the-players ActiBliz business practices is enough to make me quit altogether. I doubt I’m alone in that.

7 Likes

This just isn’t true. The first time the separation happened there were more than enough twinks to support the queues. There were people who thrived on twink vs twink encounters. When twinks were to face other twinks, twinks quit in droves. The majority of the players wanted to just wreck lowbies. Even now the twinking communities are filled with “I’ll just never play again” and people who would normally be joining randoms at this very moment.

I just played a random BG on my 20 f2p prot paladin and a game popped in 18 minutes. Imagine what that queue time would be if everyone just gave it a chance. This could be a great stomping ground for twinks, but instead, the majority of them just want an unfair advantage and it’s sad.

5 Likes

if blizz can seperate ftp/vets only once they hit 20 can expansion capped twinking be next?

This isnt… entirely true. People just eventually faded out, like a lot of players have done over the course of the game. When the ques were initially segregated in wrath, a lot of brackets continued to thrive but we found out eventually that random BGs were a huge source of our recruitment.

Turns out, a lot of people get into twinking because they get crushed in a BG by a twink and decide “hell yea, I want to do that”. So as people drifted off to play other games or end game or just get on with life, there were no new recruits to fill the brackets because there were no new people encountering twinks in BGs. So they all just eventually died somewhere around mid Cata (excepting some MOP revivals that lasted a couple weeks)

Thats about 4 times as long as the brackets ques had been until yesterday. And its just going to get worse. We can look at the 20-24 era of BGs to see how bad this is gonna get for both xp-on regular levelers at this level and for starter account/vet/xp-off players.

I very much understand the impulse to say “hahaha twinks got owned” and sure. Fine. I’m used to it after 17 years of twinking.

But this is a really hamfisted approach to solving a problem that only leaves everyone in question worse off.

8 Likes

Please quit. We don’t need level 20 twinks in the game. Thanks

7 Likes

No sympathy you’ve been ruining low level bgs for a too long.

7 Likes

70s/80s were really strong in cata and mop 85s thrived for the entire expansion because non mop accs got put with 85 xp off. Wod had a serious decline

I twinked because being bis and never having to worry about gear and being able to reach levels of secondary stats that were hardcapped at max level was fun. I never got 150% mastery as ret at max level, or haste capped, but going into raids with insane secondaries and outdpsing max level raiders was really fun

Blizzard’s gear squish and 20 gems becoming +3 and removing wings from all my paladin twinks that previously had access to wings made me quit. Imo the level squish was the worse thing blizz did to low level twinks

Personally I’m just not doing this anymore

This is a group of people that spends a lot of money on WoW. and Blizzard decided if we want to keep playing we can start over at 29 and pay a monthly sub. or get destroyed by the people who do.

Doing all that to a 10+ year old community because of the .1% of players who can’t cope with dodging BG queues for 10 levels, fine, do it, that’s the end of the road for me and the money I drop on this game every year.