Apparently classic isn't good

People said the term “touch typing” around the time WotLK was popular. Sites like Tankspot and Tanklikeagirl would regularly have posts explaining how to use keybinds. It wasn’t common practice. People were not (in general) used to keyboard gaming.

It wasn’t the same game for 15 years, was it? They got good at the different parts but not at that part that was 15 years ago. And the private servers weren’t like Classic at all.

Sure they were.

You seem to care way more than makes any sense about what other people think.

Do you like Classic?

Do you want to keep playing Classic?

Would you rather be playing Burning Crusade than original-Classic?

If your answer is “no” to question #2, then, and only then, it makes no sense to buy maximum-level spell tomes, because it makes no sense to ever log in to Classic again. Mysteriously, that’s not the question that even mentions BC.

I care about what the community is discussing because it might mean classic will be done away with in this case. I don’t think that’s a bad or strange thing…

That’s nowhere in your OP, but okay.

Classic will not be done away with. If it was, private servers would come back, and from Blizzard’s perspective, the entire purpose of the exercise is to avoid that.

If that’s what “I think it shows maybe classic isn’t as good as claimed?” was somehow supposed to suggest you’re worried about, you don’t need to worry.

Classic was crippled do to a plethora of changes. chief among them being mega servers. they also refuse to manage their servers properly. bots and cheaters have been left to run rampant. Only being addressed in infrequent and none permanent ban waves that are little more then a way to placate the community with a false sense that something is being done.

Classic is allot like a big session of DND. If the GM sucks then the players are going to have a bad time no matter how good the game itself is.

2 Likes

I’m not literally meaning classic isn’t as good as it is claimed. I’m using that to make a point about how I want classic to remain. It’s rhetorical question.

Of course classic is good, and enjoyable. So why the rush to change it to BC? That’s what I mean.

Yeah all those UO, everquest, DAOC players had no idea how to play an mmorpg! I laugh everytime I hear this arguement.

World 5th C’thun, no world buffs, or a flask even. 5 warriors.

Curse C’thun, one single world buff. 5 warriors.

Nihilum Kel’Thuzad. A couple world buffs, but still missing half of them. There’s one dps warrior on the meter.

Curse Loatheb, no world buffs. 5 warriors.

Blood legion Kel’Thuzad, no dire maul tribute. People have been kicked out of guilds for less on classic. Also, 5 warriors.

Risen Kel’Thuzad, no world buffs. 1 dps warrior.

Elitist Jerks Kel’Thuzad. Two world buffs, no dire maul or songflower though.

Flying Hellfish Loatheb. No dire maul or songflower. 8! warriors. Still 12 short of 20.

Deus Vox Loatheb world first. Just rallying cry and zandalar. 2 dps warriors.

Curse Four Horsemen, no world buffs. 8 warriors.

Risen Patchwerk first kill, no world buffs. 1 dps warrior.

2 Likes

They did not know how to min max WoW.

My First MMO was DAoC. I never got into EQ though i did try it. I enjoyed the RvR more. Still do actually.

In the long run the number of people that played the games you listed and others are going to be the only people prepared in those things. Though i would argue most of those people didnt even really have an idea of what raiding would entail in wow.

However, its clear that EQ guilds and others moved to wow and pushed the content. They understood what to do. Still in the end the game grew and there were far more NEW people exposed to a game than there would be from the game you listed so i still think its afair point that most people had no idea.

The worst thing about classic has been “Hey real life friend, can you help me out with something?” “No, my character is raid buffed I’m not allowed to play it”.

6 Likes

Sadly this isn’t at all blizzards fault and is 100% the player base. Plenty of guilds on a servers don’t require world buffs.

Find one of them and enjoy the game. :smiley: It’s what I do.

1 Like

Has nothing to do with quality. We had some really good end tier raids in other expacs. I’m looking at pretty much all of them except DS. People get bored of stagnant content, it doesn’t matter how good that content is. I think the number of people who will actually farm Naxx for 2 years is very very low. Most people will be more than ready for BC once they’ve been farming Naxx for 2-3 months. It’s just the nature of the game.

1 Like

Classic is fun, but it’s always been the TBC waiting room for me.

I did play in that kind of guild. The problem becomes when you start to mix people who want to do some greater numbers. The thought to start to push that grows and suddenly you get Far closer to World buffs. In reality you dont need any of it which is what i would tell people. But the allure of the parse is like a sirens call. Not only that it makes things EASIER to actually spend that time to get the buffs since you skip damage.

I honestly don’t know why anybody would think that, considering TBC is already completed. It’s just a matter of retrofitting the game into a newer version of the engine and fix the very important exploits/glitches.

Well here’s the problem, it’s not 2007 anymore. It’s 2020. Age plays a factor here on why they offered Classic on the same sub. (or for free when your subbed).

Plus, i think we can all agree that we don’t need acti-blizzard getting greedy with old games again. looks at CoD 4 MW remastered.

Go to the forums for any game ever… literally any game, pick one, and it will be mostly people complaining about how the game is terrible and/or unplayable because X is unbalanced or Y was changed or Z isn’t like someone somewhere expected it to be.

TLDR: Internet forums are probably the worst way to judge a game’s merit.

5 Likes

Play a Warrior or Rogue and you will enjoy it. Paladin healers are good as well. The community is trash but you can find some good people and they’ll make the game enjoyable.

That was the ground work for any expansion they wish to put up as a museum piece. It would not take them much effort to create a TBC version.