Apparently classic isn't good

TBC gets rid of world buffs so that’s automatically huge points in its favour.

3 Likes

By that logic warcraft 3 is a piece of crap since it retcons most of warcraft 2.

Stories progress

It is, but, it also is minor. None of the content is tuned with world buffs in mind in Vanilla. That is something the player base has chosen for themselves through their own OCD-like obsession. It is wholly unnecessary and self inflicted.

2 Likes

i loved classic up to BWL release. But no expansion is going to bring it back. The game is never going back to a slower pace it was, esp in the world buff(hurr dur, one person in our group has a world buff, so now we can’t enjoy the dungeon anymore because there’s an additional death penalty), glass itemization(what is threat? TANK YU BAD), no drinking allowed, max rank spam only, wipe shaming meta.

Play classic wow like millions have been doing the past 15 years on private servers.

1 Like

You gotta form your own groups if you want non meta groups.

1 Like

Classic is good, I just like TBC more

3 Likes

I gotta force myself to do it more. I miss running dungeons. Just gonna start running non-meta only groups. Shouldn’t be too bad considering how alienated non-meta players are.

1 Like

play on blameux or bloodsail buccaneers. BB is very non meta and im trying to convert people on blameux alliance to give up the boosting meta.

1 Like

Pretty much. Classic started on the last patch of Vanilla so all the content has been extremely under-tuned. People ran through it as fast as it came out and got burnt out quickly. Now most of the people left just raid log and power level until new content comes out, consume it quickly, and demand more.

It’s been a very bad run.

2 Likes

Its more rare that people get the chance to entierly Redo things. Blizzard gave everyone that chance in a legit way and everyone went to research “How do i play this right”. So all those mistakes we made the first time. That whole raiding thing that we didnt understand. In 15 years we know more about the game and want to do more in it.

We went into this knowing far more. How to play, how classes worked, how threat worked. What we didnt know, well thats not fair to say. What most people didnt realize was how easy the game was going to be. People that started to raid at the end of the game will remember MC BWL. On top of that P-Servers gave us a great deal of information.

How does this all tie into your next point?

We have one raid left and people are looking to whats next. Many of us started playing for the idea in mind that if we support Classic, we would eventually get TBC, some would go a step further and hope for Wrath As well. The Three orginal Parts that broke records in Subs.

People are excited to know what comes next. That doesnt make Classic less good. I think this is more of a case that the game they THOUGHT was hard was actually not. All the things that 15 years ago were difficult because of lack of understanding either of class or knowledge are able to be found at this point. A lot of the issues with Classic were fixed in TBC though some new ones would be introduced for the player base.

Class Balance and Trade Skills were huge upgrades. Nearly every spec found a niche in the game be it in Arena or PvE. Most of the fights were difficult at the time though, like Classic, well see what version of the game we get. This will be pretty big determination on how difficult it will be. There were more in depth systems in play with. Heroic Instances allowed 5 mans to challenge themselves a bit more (before Wrath ruined them) There was along term goal with getting attuned to various places (before it was removed).

I could go on but for the sake of the post, suffice to say, that both good games and fun. I caution people to about how much better TBC will be in terms of content. Especially if blizzard is lazy and just says 2.4.3 Class and Raid Balance.

Classic has no Timewalking but BC does. they wont add BC on top of timewalking BC.

Nah, people had this all figured out 15 years ago. It’s simple, Vanilla had 12 major patches and a ton of minor ones. All those patches corrected problems with gameplay and classes, as well as changed how content worked. Classic was at that final patch and all the content was nerfed because of it.

This is why the no changes movement was bad. Vanilla was all about bug fixes and changes. For Classic to come out and have no changes that meant it wasn’t in the spirit of Vanilla.

I done belive that. There are videos of 15 years ago showing that players were clearly not as good as the people doing things today. So while there may have been some guilds that understood things but def not to the extent we know now.

I will agree with the rest of your post though 1.12 as a final patch with no changes was a bad choice by the player base. if we go through this cycle again i hope we can get some buffs to raids to match gear.

There are also videos today showing people are not as good as they were 15 years ago. I was there 15 years ago and really haven’t seen any new knowledge come into the game that wasn’t known back then.

About the only difference is the knowledge might have gotten more mainstream these days. But the tryhards back then were doing pretty much the same things the ones these days. It’s just not the same difficulty of a game, no matter what their “reference client” says.

I appreciate your reasoned post, thanks.

I will say though that once Blizzard does away with classic it’ll probably be, again, officially unavailable for a long time. Possibly until it falls in the public domain.

That’s why I want it to stay the same. This is what -some of- the community said during BC, wrath, cata etc- that they wanted vanilla back, not previous expansions. Now it is finally here in the classic version. (It is the closest possible to vanilla experience as time machines are science fiction)

Just leave it alone now that it finally arrived is my view and why I made my post to share it. I hope a blue reads it and shares it with the devs for consideration, though unlikely.

As a person who was there 15 years ago and also today. I dont really have anything to add to this other than you are correct.

I do hope that you get your Server to devlop the community. I lmament the fact that we didnt solve this issue earlier in the life of the project so that it would be far easier for people and blizzard to make a community of like minded people.

I know that TBC and Wrath had there community issues with the biggest being right at the end of Wrath. Though i would say that If you find the right community in TBC i hope you continue to play on.

1 Like

The best that could happen is for there to be a set of Vanilla servers that people can copy to and continue to stay with.

1 Like

Why? Not everybody wants Classic as the end game?

Some people want forever Classic.

I’m enjoying exploring Classic classes, personally, but at the same time, I’m looking forward to Arenas (i.e. content I care about), as opposed to Raids (i.e. content I find to be tedious).

It appeals more to some people than to others. We have such a massive community that that’s a given. I have 3 sixties so far. How about you?

People played a game for 15 years and didn’t get better??

And none of the “tryhards” back then were world buff stacking like classic does nor were they stacking 20+ dps warriors and limiting the “bad” specs to 2-3 spots out of 40.

Massive server wide world buff coordination through discord servers wasn’t a thing either.

And mechanics…well they were made simple by comparison to how evolved and complex they have become over the years.

2 Likes