Apparently as a healer with new MMR rules I have to win 15 times to offset one loss

So apparently the MMR brackets for RSS were widened to shorten dps queue times this patch…

I lost a game 1-5 and lost 60 rating.

I won next game 4-2 and gained… 2 rating.

Yeah so all this change is gonna do is make even less healers play RSS.

MMR has no place in a game mode where you have no control over who your team mates are, at least not for deciding rewards and penalties. CR increases and decreases should just be set in stone.

And for all the idiots who want to act like this is how it should be, because it was always like this, consider how dead PVP has been for years now. Maybe keeping on doing the same thing over and over is the worst approach.

24 Likes

if you go 4-2 again you will get comparatively more points

So 10 wins to make up for one loss. And I’m supposed to be OK with that?

1 Like

not how the math works. i won’t tell you it’s fair as a healer but it’s not gonna be 10 wins. if you go 4-2 again you will probably get 20-30+ rating not 2 lol. its momentum based basically, all about streaks. it does suck man I get ya

6 Likes

Well that’s not how it should work in a game mode where you have random team mates. Lost/gained CR should be static based on how many rounds out of 6 you won.

4 Likes

mmr makes it so if a multiglad NEET makes an alt and 6-0s every game until 2200, he only has to take down the hopes and dreams of a small handful of plebs like myself. if it was a static amount, the climb would be a grind for everyone, and you would have more multiglad alts steamrolling you as they go through the rigmarole of a long climb.

it also makes it so if you are generally going positive, your mmr gets ahead of your cr, and a loss won’t make you lose much cr at all. it’s a check to make freak accidents less costly.

it’s not a perfect system but it exists for a reason. i agree it could use a second look and is harder on healers than dps. please don’t think I’m undermining your struggle, you are valid to feel this way, I’m just trying to say there is no easy answer to this

9 Likes

Except the system ends up making the process miserable for everyone instead. They shouldn’t be making decisions like this based on what a small handful of neets are doing. Certainly not when it has these sort of consequences on the rest of us just trying to get a transmog set and a saddle.

How many people lately have posted about having MASSIVE cr losses and tiny cr gains… sounds like this system is working exactly the opposite way.

It’s fine for LFG where you can be discerning about team mates and COMP, which in and of itself is part of the skill in Arena. It has no place in a mode of the game where that element is cut out explicitly.

No but saying we need to keep it to prevent neets from grinding for too long sounds like letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve noticed the same thing. You can go 5-1, 6-0 and gain almost nothing in rating. But if you don’t break even, you’re going to lose 60-80 rating easily, how the hell you suppose to climb?

6 Likes

Yep. Blizzard needs to stop listening to the gatekeepers in this forum who think everything is fine.

Their attitude has led to pvp participation dropping for years.

There needs to be a fundamental change. Because honestly: who could blame people for seeing their rating doing what mine did tonight and just never playing again.

Now extrapolate that to how many people its happening to per day and you will see why non-one is keen on starting to pvp anymore.

5 Likes

prob has more to do with it being an 874 lobby

Notice in the title I mentioned blizzard widening the healer MMR brackets…

I go 2-4, I lose 60-70 points. I go 4-2, I get +1 point. 3-3 is 0.

Edit: People leave, I lose 10 to 9 points.

5 Likes

h ttps://imgur.com/a/d6VOn4a

then win a more challenging lobby

Implies every lobby will be 800, not the case

The wider brackets mean I will probably end up getting more and more lobbies that are way outside my MMR skewing my rating even more.

Well I went 6-0 for zero points

5-1 for negative 11 points.

The system wanted me to win 7 of 6 games to get points it seems.

Then 4-2 for zero points.

Then 2-4 for -60 points.

I dont get how I can win 17 of 24 (71% win rate) and end up 49 points down.

Not to mention the one I lost 2-4 I was 200 lower than all the dps lol.

The system is a train wreck for healers

And I have lost count of the games where I go 3-3 and I lose 40 rating and other gains 5 rating.

The net of healer 3-3 seems to generally be a net loss for healers when its a draw so overall healers are dropping.

Heaps of games where there is a bad dps that goes 0-6 or a very good one that goes 6-0 and in both cases healer will be 3-3.

4 Likes

Plenty of pvp cantered games have queable random ranked. With much more success then wow. It works.

depending one activity this happens to everyone

I’ve lost nearly 200mmr from a 0-6 lobby where I was the highest rated. I don’t understand the math entirely but it just boils down to winning more.

The system rewards and punishes trends, its not going to reward you for winning lobbies lower than your apparent skill level/mmv.

Sometimes the matchmaker has no choice but to place in skewed room depending on who’s playing but surely you don’t honestly think you have to win 15 times to offset one loss, a win streak has the opposite effect

1 Like

As a healer its hard to get win streaks.

Mostly because we get thrown into lobbies miles outside of our range and often its a draw 3-3.

I feel like most of my games are 3-3. Sometimes my 6-0 rewards zero points.

Sometimes I lose points on 5-1.

And you win a few of these and I bet you I will get an OP lobby and get smashed 0-6 or 2-4 and that is always 60 pts down.

The system is trash.

7 Likes

Don’t play a healer lol

1 Like