Appaling Customer service

If players knew GM’s were able to fix everything for them, they would be submitting tickets for everything - just like it was prior to the current ticket triage system we have now.

GM’s might have more power, but guaranteed the ticket numbers would explode simply because players are no longer accountable for their own mistakes.

That’s not going to get a compromised account back.

There are many things in-game that GM’s can help with.

Likewise, there are also things GM’s can’t help with - as you’ve discovered.

I think you need to stop thinking of GM’s as being ‘gods’ within the game.

4 Likes

This is why I don’t make hasty purchases.

5 Likes

Because there are some issues GMS can deal with and some GMS cant and this is one of those cases im not even sure why im arguing this were just parroting the same info over and over again and your just not listening your just looking for a arguement.

3 Likes

then people should have an authenticator and clean their pc of malware.

is the equivalent of the actions being taken with my issue. theres authenticator for a reason. people dont have it its “out of their hands”

Ever heard of the man in the middle attack?

Even authenticator protected accounts have been compromised.

3 Likes

Wow, okay. Greetings and welcome to Customer Support, not to be confused with Customer Service. You seem to be under the misguidance that this forum is one for feedback and discussion. In fact, it’s a forum for players to assist other players. All of your vitriol and bile have done nothing but derail this thread with absolutely nothing constructive or conducive. This forum is expected to be a help desk, not one for discussion and debate. Players come here to get an issue solved, and we do our best to help them. Us, the players. Not GMs, Devs or anything of the sort. Our Blues here? SFAs. They’re here to offer advice and insight and to moderate the forum. That’s it.

If you’d like your opinions and suggestions to be heard, please make use of the in-game interface or General Discussion. Past that, there is so much wrong with what you’re spewing that to try and correct it all doesn’t really serve anyone at this point. Everything you’ve said has been disproven time and time again in other threads.

5 Likes

Except mention what has been reiterated a few times after, you mean.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing since Vanilla. The policy about items bought with alternate currency (ie. not gold) has been in place since Vanilla. If you accidentally bought something with an alternate currency you had to earn the currency again to purchase the correct item.

The issue is that you don’t agree with the policy. That doesn’t make it poor customer service.

I don’t think so. The issue seems to be that you don’t like the policy.

Customer Support is a Support forum, not a Community forum. General Discussion is a Community forum.

6 Likes

Nobody insulted you.

You’re not their boss.

You’re not.

Not a good idea to insult Blizzard staff.

7 Likes

This is a very poor forum to pick a fight on Slamdunkz.

I see you want the GMs to be given powers the Devs don’t want them to have. You consider it poor customer service on the part of Blizzard that they are not given the power to fix any mistake a player makes.

Part of life is consequences. We all make mistakes of course, but we also learn

You obviously can’t.

• Game asks if you really want to buy the item
  • Game warns you that if you equip it, it won’t be refundable - you have to click to acknowledge it before equipping.
  • You put in a ticket to ask - were told no.
  • You put in multiple tickets asking the same thing because you did not accept the first “no”.
  • You came to the forums to create a thread because you found it unacceptable that you were told no.

This is the definition of not being able to accept that you were told no. Your conclusion - the thread title - that because you were told no that Blizzard has “appalling customer service”.

Despite your multiple tickets on the same issue, they remained polite. Orlyia was polite to you as well - and factual.

If you want policies to be changed you can post in General where CMs collect feedback or use the in-game suggestion tool.

You might consider a thread title more along the lines of “Suggestion - Changes to Item Refund Policy”. Leave out the insults and such.

23 Likes

Indeed.

Also, OP, your situation is one of ten thousand different situations. It’s kind of deliberately obtuse to suggest that the one and only thing the GMs do is to restore gear to folks that bought the wrong one after several mistake-preventing prompts.

Of course they do more than that, so why suggest they are useless and/or appalling because you got a ‘no’? That’s quite unfair; it’s not even logical.

As the manager of a business, would one’s sole purpose become “telling people no” if you had to tell a single client you couldn’t accommodate their request? Obviously not. When you’re done with that ‘no’ you’d move on to other things.

5 Likes

Guys were done here we should just step away at this point were not getting anywhere.

1 Like

Just makin’ my point, as the thread is still open.

Whats the saying about beating a dead horse even if u can get blanchy in SL.

2 Likes

I hear ya Darth.

To be fair, I got one post in here, where others have ten, and my specific points were neither addressed nor discussed.

K, I’m done here, I guess.

4 Likes