Appaling Customer service

im disgusted with the customer server of this expansion. i had bought the wrong item with an anima orb.

(backstory, i was raiding with my guild got the anima orb for weapon drop, hearthed bought the new staff and was summoned back to fight another boss in castle nath.)

already rushed i had equipped it. i noticed my healing wasn’t as great and noticed i had bought the wrong one. feral staff instead of the intellect staff.

Mind you the drop rates for these are rare, i was mad. i openend a ticket immediately to try to resovle the situation. (mind you previous exp. item stats swapped with your spec etc. before shadowlands they would be able to get you the correct item you wanted to buy if it was a mistake)

NOT THIS ONE. the customer service has dropped below the Bar i have nothing against the people answering my ticket they are doing their job. its the new policies set in this expansion that the would not honor my mistake.

utterly dissapointed in the service you provide for this game. i spent months raiding of my time to make a MISTAKE that would take you 5 mins of keystrokes to correct. Instead im here posting about it on a forum.

sure you have implemented (are you sure you wanna buy this item?) into you game. mistakes still happen and the customer support has gone to sh**. completely. below is a copy of the conversations of my tickets. no hard feelings to the people that answered it. thank you for your time to do so.

Robert
i accidently bought the wrong staff for the anima item. would like  to trade it
3 days ago

Etthrasian
Greetings!

I am here to talk to you about the ticket you submitted about your purchased item

First let me apologise for the long wait time for our response - our queues are rather large right now but we are working to answer everyone’s tickets as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Regarding your ticket, unfortunately a Game Master is unable to offer refunds to players for items bought with the anima spherule/bead. Just as with many other items bought for alternate currencies, these items have the 2 hour refund timer. When performing an action that will remove the timer players are warned, by confirming this warning you agree that the purchase is permanent.

While we understand that mistakes can be made - 2 hours should be enough time for you to spot this mistake and correct it yourself - especially when you’ve spent time and effort saving for an item. :frowning:

If you believe the timer was removed due to a potential bug then you should report this as a bug, if you’ve not already done so, can you please use the “report a bug” via “Support” then “Submit feedback or bug report” tool on the ingame Support menu to send a report of the issue to our QA and development teams to investigate. Reports sent this way automatically include character and account logs to help with the investigations. They also give an idea of how many players are affected so that it an be prioritised and fixed as soon as possible.

Game Masters will not assist in any circumstances regarding this.

I’m sorry I was unable to help you with this please do not hesitate to contact us again should you have further issues to resolve.

Picked wrong item with Anima Spherule/Bead
3 days ago
This ticket has been marked as Answered.
3 days ago

Robert
your report a bug brings me to the blizzard forums. this is an ingame issue. i bought the damn weapon with the anima bead and i went to refund it to get the correct staff and sold it as gold. the two hour window to refund was never there. i tried to refund 2 mins after purchase and was sold as gold instead of refunding me the bead which is why i opened the ticket in the first place.

GM: I’ve read your ticket about purchasing equipment with an Anima weapon token! These items can be refunded back within 2 hours, but only -before- they’re equipped or modified.

Once you equip, enchant, socket, transmogrify, or otherwise modify that item, it becomes unrefundable - and that’s intended. Our Dev crew considers the confirmation window on modifying an item to be your last chance to confirm you’ve purchased the right item. Once it hits that point, the vendor will no longer refund it for you, and Customer Service won’t refund it. Even if it was a mistake, or for the wrong spec, you’ll need to use that item as best you can (if you can), explain to your raid what had happened, and acquire a new Spherule as best you can.

I know that’s rough, but that’s part of why it’s so important to double- and triple-check your purchases, just in case.

If you’d like the Spherule token or item refund systems changed, reach out to our Dev crew through the Suggestion button or a post on the WoW forums to let them know what you’d like to see.
3 days ago

Robert
so your telling me that refunding an item for a legit mistake. is my fault.

its called a mistake for a reason i dont care how many preventative things you have in place to prevent this, it was a mistake. i was in a rush to get back to my raid. equipped the item not realizing i hit the wrong one and now cannot refund it. it was a mistake no matter how many preventative measures you put in place.  nobodys trying to beat the system for an item. you telling me to triple check items to make sure they are correct is for and actaul legit job to prevent death or harm. triple checking an item in a video game is rediculous.  its a few keystrokes and the problems fixed. its not that you cant refund the item but the fact you don't want to do it which is honestly poor customer service and poor customer service model for blizzard. it makes absolutely no sense. 
2 days ago

Mesmartiys
Hello Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us and I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to get back to you any sooner.

I just received your ticket regarding purchasing the wrong item from the vendor earlier. As you may know, there is a 2-hour refund timer where you can refund a weapon whenever you make a purchase. This is only removed when the timer expires, or you modify the item or equip it. Sadly, this is not a limitation we can bypass. Unfortunately, this means we are unable to refund item.

Thanks once again for giving me a nudge. Once more, I apologize for the wait, so thank you for your patience. Have a wonderful day and take care of yourself.

All the best, o7

Robert
you use to be able to exchange the items if purchased by mistake. i remember back in previous expansions. you telling me that you cannot change the item from the agility staff to the intellect staff because i bought the wrong one is a flat out lie and poor customer service. 

ive spent months trying to get this item and it would take only a few minutes for your end to do so. escalate my ticket to someone that can bypass it.

thanks

Hi there Slamdunkz,

I’m GM Layhcrum, thank you for your patience while I was reaching you and your ticket, with the Shadowlands release and the BlizzConline announcements, this has made us exceptionally busy.

Thank you kindly for your reply and sorry to hear you selected the wrong item, when your in a rush for a raid its easy to do. Your correct in that in previous expansions the system was slightly different and that you could equip items and then return them later.

In shadowlands the developers changed this system and now if you equip an item it becomes soulbound and non-refundable. This means that the developers dont want this to be refunded once equipped it belongs to your character. For this reason we are unable to undo these situations.

I am sorry we cannot help with this and I hope this explaination helps. If you do wish for this to be possible to be refunded I would recommend posting on the forums or submitting feedback from in game, I would explain how this is affecting your enjoyment of the game.

Thank you for your understanding, stay safe and well.

Kind regards,

Layhcrum

Blizzard is hands off when alternative currency (tokens etc) used to purchase other items are in play. Current policy is they can’t help you. It’s not a case of they don’t want to help you like you claim.

While in the past they might have done it, currently they can’t.

Blizzard isn’t here to fix all our mistakes. Players need to take a bit more care too.

20 Likes

They are unable to refund this. It’s not “good” customer service to say yes to every request, and it’s not “appalling” to apply their policies equally to everyone.

Every ticket you opened was given a thorough and professional response. That you did not like the answer does not make it bad or “appalling”.

19 Likes

Well, I’m sorry if you consider being told no - poor customer service. It looks like our reps went well above and beyond to explain the situation to you.

This is totally out of their control. Such things are determined by our developers - what they can - and can’t - do.

This post would be best suited to General - or Dungeons. The people that need to see your suggestion will not see it here.

22 Likes

“takes a few keystrokes”

Not if the developers remove the ability for those keystrokes to do anything. And anyway, the GM team isn’t there to clean up your messes; you make a mistake, you own up to it like an adult and ask your raid lead to give you the next bead that drops so you can get the correct staff. You do not throw a fit like a child that didn’t get his way.

The customer is not always right.

17 Likes

o.O

Or, they have policies in place (as they always have) where there are certain things that they’re able to help with and others they’re not. A good example would be where a player purchases the wrong item and then equips it (accepting the pop-up warnings that it would no longer be able to be returned) and then thinks that it’s somehow Blizzard’s fault.

Despite your silly reply, Blizz already implemented a system in-game for players to take responsibility for their decisions. The OP made a mistake and then further compounded it by equipping the item too. That’s on them and not a mistake that Blizz is responsible to “fix”.

15 Likes

That… is a very fertile imagination you got there, bud. Maybe try funneling it into a writing career instead of fruitlessly insulting customer support reps?

8 Likes

In situations where there are safeguards in place to correct player mistakes and then even those are ignored by the player…yep! At some point, us players need to take some responsibility for our own actions.

Or maybe we need warning windows like “Are you sure that you’re sure that the selection you made is the one you wanted? Really? Really really really sure?”

No thanks. At some point I like to tell myself “Ooops! Oh man…that’s on me.”

8 Likes

I would quit while you’re ahead not only is calling people names violating the forum COC but its boderline trolling.

6 Likes

Huh? Now you’re just not making any sense. All GMs for the NA client are in the US.

How is that sort of reply helpful in any way?

8 Likes

Wh–

Where on earth did you get that idea? NA customer support is in either their HQ in Irvine, CA or Austin, TX. Neither of which are different countries (despite some folks’ desires to the contrary). EU support is in Europe (Ireland, France, etc.) and SEA is in various SEA countries.

How does that equate to outsourcing?

14 Likes

all of you making negative comments about this. i can be told no and can except it. thats not the point of my complaint. its about the customer service default they are told to go through.

i have a problem with the protocols the issued this expansion. the safe guards they have implemented in this case to ensure players dont make a MISTAKE like i have probably saved them quite a bit of tickets, but this still happens and the fact that “their hands are tied” is a poor excuse.

Except it isn’t an excuse, and it isn’t even remotely new.

It is literally their job on the line if they start tampering with and playing roulette with the policies set forth by the developers.

As was already mentioned three or four posts in, if you want to see those policies changed to suit your carelessness better, you want to post in General Discussion.

14 Likes

This isn’t new to this expansion. It’s been in place for a few expansions now.

A poor excuse for what? Correcting your mistake? One that actually warned you that equipping the item would cancel the refund timer and make the item non-refundable?

7 Likes

The GMs ain’t there to fix your mistakes because you couldn’t take a moment and ensure you’re getting the right item. They’re not there to give you another item you wanted, or an item you thought you got. They’re not our mothers and ain’t there to do whatever we want.

7 Likes

you didnt even read it

GM’s are there to fix issue’s and mistakes. that’s literally their job

Yeah, that’s still not a new system. It’s been around a very long time now (the system with a timer for refunds).

No, actually it’s not. Not when there are systems in place to help players from making such mistakes.

There’s a sticky in this very forum with info on what GMs can and can’t do.

10 Likes

Problem is GMS can only fix what the developers let them and in this case the devlopers wont let them so there hands are tied.

3 Likes

May wish to know what a GM is able to do - they’re not there to blindly do what players want because they yell like a howler monkey. If someone can’t wait to ensure they’re getting the item they want, then the player much learn from their mistake or they’ll be out of a lot of stuff.

2 Likes