Appaling Customer service

you didnt even read it

GM’s are there to fix issue’s and mistakes. that’s literally their job

Yeah, that’s still not a new system. It’s been around a very long time now (the system with a timer for refunds).

No, actually it’s not. Not when there are systems in place to help players from making such mistakes.

There’s a sticky in this very forum with info on what GMs can and can’t do.

10 Likes

Problem is GMS can only fix what the developers let them and in this case the devlopers wont let them so there hands are tied.

3 Likes

May wish to know what a GM is able to do - they’re not there to blindly do what players want because they yell like a howler monkey. If someone can’t wait to ensure they’re getting the item they want, then the player much learn from their mistake or they’ll be out of a lot of stuff.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-game-master-help/11354

Sounds like you want to give this a read. It does specifically mention their role when it comes to policies rather early on.

7 Likes

Or, you can just take a few moments and ensure you’re getting the item you want. Save you on money and tickets!

8 Likes

What’s a little funny, is that we see posts all the time here asking Blizz to put in “are you sure” pop-ups for just about every single decision/click made in-game. Just shows how even when they do, there still will be players who think that Blizz should fix their mistakes.

Personally, I completely disagree. I think players need to take more responsibility for their own actions so that they don’t make mistakes even when there’s a window that pops up telling them the exactly what the result of their actions will be.

14 Likes

im not referring to the pop ups. im refering to the “hands a tied” its the developers etc.

the pop ups are great and thats were my admitted failure to do so is my MISTAKE which i mentioned earlier.

Okay, so you want GMs to always be able to correct player-mistakes. Even when there are system in place to prevent such mistakes.

If that’s the case, you’ll want to post in the General forums or use the in-game suggestion feature.

I’d recommend adding in what you feel is an acceptable response time in such situations where there was a safe-guard in place to prevent the player from making the mistake in the first place because ticket times will undoubtedly be increased from such a policy.

Best of luck with your suggestion.

8 Likes

GMs should have the power to correct anything in game yes.

Anything? Like game bugs and things like that too? I mean, they’re not programmers…but sure, let’s let them have access to game code too?

Seems pretty vague as far as an argument goes so far.

I think it’s silly to imagine GMs could “correct everything in game”.

5 Likes

Players will never learn from their mistakes though.

Will you be happy with ticket times breaching 7+ days constantly?

Think about it.

7 Likes

no they wont. but giving GM’s less power is not the answer to ticket times breaching 7+ days. GM’s with more power to correct things would reduce tickets being open for 7 days.

How would adding more work to the GM staff reduce ticket times? Your argument defies logic. Players asked for a refund timer to be added, and in WotLK it was. Then players asked for a confirmation window for things so that they would not run into issues that would mess up said purchases and refunds. Blizzard added that. Then, players such as yourself decided they did not want to read the item descriptions to make sure they were purchasing the correct thing, yet still clicked yes on the confirmation box that told you the item would be non-refundable. You ask them to fix it…guess what, they already did when they warned you with the confirmation box you clicked yes on that the item would be non-refundable. It is not their job to then go back in and fix your mistake because you think they should when you already said you accepted that they would not refund it with that same confirmation window you accepted.

17 Likes

the pop-ups are there for your protection.

there’s nothing wrong with holding people accountable for their actions.

16 Likes

Precisely. People need to learn there are consequences for their actions. Always giving them what they want does not teach them that. It would be detrimental to society as a whole, not just this game, for people to be given everything they want with no consequences.

6 Likes

then dont have GMs. just have a forums board.

this is a game about ethics then? a school that we all pay $15 a month to “learn” from. should be written off on taxes if this is a paid for learning experience.
whats the point of a GM then? why have them?

But this point, you’re just throwing a fit that isn’t going get what you want in the end.

6 Likes