AOTC mount

I can still buy it, right? I don’t know what’s considered “boosting.”

The blue post said “in-game activities for gold” so I’m hoping that falls under it.

”This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.“

1 Like

It would be really nice if you would answer this Blizz but I know that’s wishful thinking.

1 Like

From what I understand, you can still buy boosts, the boosters just can’t do cross-realm communities for boosting. I may be wrong on this, and if so, I apologize.

2 Likes

You should still be able to get it from a moonguard horde guild? It’s really just cross realm communities they’re after from the sounds of it

I’m not even sure what a boost is but I don’t think that’s what I want.

I’ve always bought the AOTC mount at the end of the xpac. I don’t care about raiding, pvp or mythics.

3 Likes

If you give gold to a level 10 on mg horde and then get invited to a raid group from illidan that would fall under what’s not being tolerated anymore i think (assuming the level 10 is an advertiser for a community that employs multiple guilds to sell content clears across multiple servers)

3 Likes

Got ya. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, you can get the AOTC mount thru cheating by paying other players gold to carry you thru the content.

3 Likes

Good. I’m glad nothing has changed.

For me*

Don’t taint my thread.

3 Likes

If I could ever find time I’ll try to hit up a perky pug run through a dungeon for the mount like in BFA for that void dragon. Unfortunately I ran out of time that last couple of weeks in BFA to do it. I don’t get sucked into that feeling of missing out.

And I don’t speak for everyone I only speak for myself but I see no reason at all to pay to quote unquote play the game. Or to pay for a mount or a mog. Long ago I’ve just accepted there are some things I cannot have. For example mythic level gear.

Honestly I’ve done some serious thinking and should I in the future be required to buy a carry to make my toon relevant in a what some may define as casual environment that’s when I stop.

That’s a filthy word. Louie Anderson would be so disappointed in you.

That’s cool if you don’t want to buy an AOTC mount or whatever but I don’t have the same hang ups.

I’m a mount collector. It’s my primary focus in WoW. Any gold I make it goes to purchasing mounts. I don’t view the AOTC mounts any differently.

6 Likes

I like his muumuu.

2 Likes

Both POVs true, i saved for the Jailer’s mythic mount because i like raiding compared to Tovi, but Mythic Raiding required 20 players always, so if someone is not present you miss that night raid, usually guilds required 20+ players to avoid that.

The last Mythic mount that i farmed expansions later was Argus and it took me almost 1k attempts to get it once it became 1% drop rate.

I would like to play the game but the time invesments for consumables and the 20 player restriction creates just a mental block around mythic raiding, i just do AOTC with some casual guidl and that’s it.

I won’t pay for a mount that’s staying in the game :stuck_out_tongue: I would rather kill a boss/rare 1000 times.

Maybe it’s because I’m still fairly new player I have not delved into all the content outside of the the normal stuff.

I mean loremasters keeping me busy but then it’s like okay I need to find something else after that and maybe Mount collecting will be it.

Yet the gladiator mounts or aotc mounts won’t ever happen. I admire your dedication. I just put Warcraft on a very low priority personally.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

I’ve come to terms with the fact I will never have gladiator mounts or probably pvp mounts. I dunno about the latter though. I heard they’re even easier to get so we’ll see.

Oh and I’ll never have keymaster mounts either.

1 Like

Yes, you can still buy it. Guilds and groups of friends will still do those runs and that’s still legitimate. Friendship Mount groups will still exist.

Running a raid with people that took you along for gold or for free is cheating now. I love GD. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

I would prefer if the fight keep relevant with 100% drop and same difficulty, so i can try it at any moment but once it’s 1%, its a ton of work to farm like i did for Argus and as i mentioned i doesn’t raid mythic since it was introduced on Siege of Orgrimmar, i did mythic back there and then just hero raids because that minimum 20 players its too much from my POV.